Windows 10: I'm an admin, but I don't have any permissions.

Discus and support I'm an admin, but I don't have any permissions. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Things on my computer have been really weird lately. It started with it not wanting to install programs because it couldn't get access to the file... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Portal_Icon, Apr 19, 2020.

1. I'm an admin, but I don't have any permissions.

Things on my computer have been really weird lately. It started with it not wanting to install programs because it couldn't get access to the file locations of where it wanted to install. Now, I can't even run .msi files or even basic .exe files without it telling me that I do not have permission.

I'm an administrator, but I'm afraid that my permissions may be messed up. I don't know how to fix it, or if it even can be fixed. I have a lot of files on this computer and a lot of progress with video games saved on here; I can't reset it. If there's a way to set it so my computer will allow me and programs to do the things they normally do, please tell me and help me figure it out!

Apps and actions that don't work:

Using the Setup Wizard for any program

Photoshop

Origin Game client

Steam Game client

Epic Games Game client

Illustrator

Minecraft

:)

Portal_Icon, Apr 19, 2020

2. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 19, 2020
  4. PANDIT G. Win User

I'm an admin, but I don't have any permissions.

Admin account locked

My admin account is locked don,t know how to unlock but have a standard user to login please suggest can I do something from normal user to unlock the admin account.

PANDIT G., Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

I'm an admin, but I don't have any permissions.

1. I'm an admin, but I don't have any permissions. - Similar Threads - I'm admin don't

2. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin account that does not have admin permissions: My Windows 10 account is an administrator account. Lately when I try to update an app or install a new app, I am prompted that the action cannot be done without administrator permissions. Um, doesn't an administrator account have administrator permissions? This is getting...
  3. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin account that does not have admin permissions: My Windows 10 account is an administrator account. Lately when I try to update an app or install a new app, I am prompted that the action cannot be done without administrator permissions. Um, doesn't an administrator account have administrator permissions? This is getting...
  4. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. No directory permissions, but it's my account and I'm an Admin

in Windows 10 Support
    No directory permissions, but it's my account and I'm an Admin: So Windows randomly sets some folders as read-only and I can't seem to change them to read-write. [img] When I click on the Advanced button, me as the user has no ability to modify subfolders. [img] I even tried this command from an elevated prompt, which seemed to...
  6. I don't have permission to move files even though im the admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't have permission to move files even though im the admin: It started happening around when I changed my computer account from local to microsoft account. I tried making me the owner of the folder which seems to work for other people but it did not work for me, and it actually seems like the more I try to solve the issue the less...
  7. I don't have admin..

I don't have admin..: Is there a way to delete applications without admin perms on my computer? submitted by /u/UrM8Ash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikbrjk/i_dont_have_admin/
  8. I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin: I bought a new laptop and activated my win 10 OS. I was able to install new programs for awhile,but something changed and now I can't download new programs or update existing programs. Whenever I try to do either,a UAC windows pops-up and tells me to sign-in as Admin and the...
  9. I don't have any permissions and I can't change that.

I don't have any permissions and I can't change that.: Okay so I'm 16, hardly know anything about software. I've been trying to increase my dedicated video ram. I've found a method from YouTube on how to do it but when I open 'registry editor' and try to add a new key under 'intel' it says I don't have permissions to do that. I...
  10. Don't any have any permissions on my pc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Don't any have any permissions on my pc.: Hello, I don't have any permissions for some reason on my pc, Even though it says the account I log into is a administrator. I can't run things as admin, I cant download anything, Can't access my disk drive without it saying access denied, And I can't even open task manager...