Windows 10: I'm attempting to permanently disable a device rather than deleting it in such a way that...

Discus and support I'm attempting to permanently disable a device rather than deleting it in such a way that... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone,Please excuse me if I have a newbie question because this is my first post in this community.I'm trying to disable a device, as stated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by saeedmasoomi, May 26, 2022.

1. I'm attempting to permanently disable a device rather than deleting it in such a way that...

Hello everyone,Please excuse me if I have a newbie question because this is my first post in this community.I'm trying to disable a device, as stated in the title, and I've used devcon and compiled it from source, but after disabling it, we can see that the user can re-enable it.So we might be able to disable it from kernel mode, something I'm not familiar with.After disabling it, we might be able to monitor IRP messages and cancel the IRP message that attempts to enable that device.I'm seeking for best practices for my solution, and if anyone can assist or recommend something I could use, I'd

:)

saeedmasoomi, May 26, 2022

2. Is there any way to turn off Win10 updates PERMANENTLY?

I have taken several steps to attempt to permanently disable Win10 Updates.... but every attempt seems to fail.

To date I have

• told Windows I want to manually approve any updates.
    • turned off windows updates.
    • DELETED Win10 Update assistant (only to have it show back up again)
    • DISABLED Win10 Upddates in Task scheduler. (Only to have it re-enable itself.)
    • DELETED Win10 Updates in Task Scheduler. (Only to have it show back up again)
    The only thing I haven't done is revert back to Win8 which seemed to be a far more stable OS.

Win10 keeps telling me that I need an 8g "security update" and that I need to free up space on my C: drive ..... something I am not willing to do. I have put up with this for the last 3 months.... is there really any way to PERMANENTLY disable / delete
    / say "NO!!!!!!!!!" to Win10 Updates?

Thanks in advance for your helpful responses. Trolls.... yeah well, I know you're out there.... you're just as easily ignored.

BethelAbba, May 26, 2022
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    How to Disable Permanently Delete Files

Hi Andrew,

Whenever you delete a file or folder, Windows asks for your confirmation before moving it to Recycle Bin but Microsoft has removed this confirmation on some versions (Windows 8). Since you are using Windows 10, you can choose whether to have the file deleted
    permanently or not.

If you also want to re-enable delete confirmation dialog, kindly the follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin.
    • Click on Properties, untick the option Don't move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted.
    • Click Ok to save the changes.

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 26, 2022
  4. mrgeek Win User

I'm attempting to permanently disable a device rather than deleting it in such a way that...

Disable Permanently Delete Files confirmation

I believe the op is referring to this option in the Delete choices an explorer window when you highlight an item to delete and subsequent 'are you sure you want to permanently delete' dialogue popup.

I'm attempting to permanently disable a device rather than deleting it in such a way that... [​IMG]

mrgeek, May 26, 2022
Thema:

I'm attempting to permanently disable a device rather than deleting it in such a way that...

1. I'm attempting to permanently disable a device rather than deleting it in such a way that... - Similar Threads - I'm attempting permanently

2. is there a way to recover permanently deleted files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to recover permanently deleted files?: I have accidently deleted some files which i wasn't meant to i went to go look in my recycle bin if it was there but i had emptied that as well, is there any way which i could get these files back as they are quite important for me....
  3. is there a way to recover permanently deleted files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a way to recover permanently deleted files?: I have accidently deleted some files which i wasn't meant to i went to go look in my recycle bin if it was there but i had emptied that as well, is there any way which i could get these files back as they are quite important for me....
  4. is there a way to recover permanently deleted files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I'm attempting to permanently disable a device rather than deleting it in such a way that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm attempting to permanently disable a device rather than deleting it in such a way that...: Hello everyone,Please excuse me if I have a newbie question because this is my first post in this community.I'm trying to disable a device, as stated in the title, and I've used devcon and compiled it from source, but after disabling it, we can see that the user can re-enable...
  6. I'm attempting to permanently disable a device rather than deleting it in such a way that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm attempting to permanently disable a device rather than deleting it in such a way that...: Hello everyone,Please excuse me if I have a newbie question because this is my first post in this community.I'm trying to disable a device, as stated in the title, and I've used devcon and compiled it from source, but after disabling it, we can see that the user can re-enable...
  7. Is there a way to disable updates on LTSC permanently?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable updates on LTSC permanently?: My organization uses LTSC for running specific tasks, so there is never a need for any form of the security updates, I tried to disable them in the services, but unfortunately it turns itself back on after a reboot. So is there a way to disable the update permanently?...
  8. Sound devices don't stay disabled? Any good way to permanently disable them?

Sound devices don't stay disabled? Any good way to permanently disable them?: I have speakers on my monitor that I don't want and don't ever want to use, but have no way of physically detaching them because they are on the monitor. For whatever reason, Windows occasionally randomly switches from SB AE-9 sound to the monitor sound. One reason is if I'm...
  9. Disable hardware device. Permanently.

Disable hardware device. Permanently.: A family member has an old laptop with dual graphics which unfortunately don't play well with Windows 10. If both are enabled at the same time, then Windows sits at a black screen for 2 minutes before showing the login screen. To remedy this problem, I disabled the...
  10. Is there a way to delete permanently "recoverable" files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is there a way to delete permanently "recoverable" files: Hi, I recently deleted some files from the Recycle Bin that were not on my backup. Thankfully, I was able to recover these files. However, in doing so I noticed many GB of "recoverable files"... All of these files already exist on multiple backups so I would rather delete...