Windows 10: I'm back - same problem. Not all computers are showing on home network

Discus and support I'm back - same problem. Not all computers are showing on home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I spent two days working to get all my home computers to see each other on the same network/work-group. Now I'm back to the same place. Some computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CountryBumkin, Jan 5, 2019.

1. I'm back - same problem. Not all computers are showing on home network

I spent two days working to get all my home computers to see each other on the same network/work-group. Now I'm back to the same place. Some computers see each other and others do not.

Is there a way to do a refresh or such, so the computers will rescan the network for other networked computers?

I don't understand why some computer always see each other and others are hit or miss.
    I think when a computer goes to sleep, the other computers stop seeing it. But even when I wake up the computer it is still not seen in the network. All computers have the "Allow this computer to turn off this device" deactivated under network adapter setting >power management. However one computer does not have a "power engagement" tab under the network adapter.

This is on Windows 10 1809 build.

:)

CountryBumkin, Jan 5, 2019

2. Network Communication problem with multiple computers

Hi Jay,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Network discovery might be blocking you from seeing other computers and devices on the network. Check if the Network discovery is turned on. If the network discovery setting on your computer is set to off, you
    won't see other computers and devices on the network.

Steps to Turn on network discovery.

• Press Windows key, type sharing and click on
      Manage advanced sharing settings.
    • Under Private, Network discovery, check mark the option
      Turn on network discovery.
    • Try the same on all the computers connected to the network.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, run
    HomeGroup troubleshooter and check.

HomeGroup troubleshooter finds and fix problems with viewing computers or shared folders in a HomeGroup.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane and click on
      HomeGroup
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jan 5, 2019
  4. I'm back - same problem. Not all computers are showing on home network

No computers show in Network

If we understood it correctly, the computers still do not show the Network tab after troubleshooting computer B. You may be correct that the firewall is blocking the network connection. You can try resetting the firewall settings and see if the issue will
    still persist. Follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type CMD.
    • Right-click the Command Prompt from the search result and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: netshadvfirewall reset and press
      Enter
    • Once you are done, restart your PC.

We will wait for your update about the result.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

I'm back - same problem. Not all computers are showing on home network

1. I'm back - same problem. Not all computers are showing on home network - Similar Threads - I'm same problem

2. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connecting two computers on the same home network: i have a windows 11 computer and a Windows 10 computer . the win10 computer has four external drives attached to it. i would like to be able to sit at my win11 computer and browse and edit the files on the exernal drives connected to my win10 computer , and also the "D" drive...
  3. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connecting two computers on the same home network: i have a windows 11 computer and a Windows 10 computer . the win10 computer has four external drives attached to it. i would like to be able to sit at my win11 computer and browse and edit the files on the exernal drives connected to my win10 computer , and also the "D" drive...
  4. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home: I have two desktop PCs and a surce laptop - all with Windows 10 and connected to the router and each other? via a switch/ethernet. I used to be able to documents on compter A's hard drive using Windows Explorer to navigate via 'Network' on Computer B. Sometime ago somthing...
  6. Home network computers not showing

Home network computers not showing: I am having the same problem as loads of other people and have tried all the various methods to sort it. I have set the Services to automatic -I have turned on SMB - checked every setting that all the variuos help pages suggest and it stiil doesn't work. I have a desktop...
  7. Laptop does not show computers on home network

Laptop does not show computers on home network: Laptop does not show computers on home network. Finely broke down upgraded from W-7 pro to W-10 pro version 1909. Have two desk tops using Ethernet cables and two lap tops using WiFi using a router all on home network. All work great for a number years using W-7. One of the...
  8. How to put 2 home computers in a same network

How to put 2 home computers in a same network: I have 2 computers at home: one desktop computer running windows10 version 1803 and one laptop computer running Windows 10 version 1903. I use wireless. How to put 2 computers in a same network, so that I can share. Before it is Ok. Now it disappears. Please help. Thanks...
  9. Home Network Computers Not Showing Up

Home Network Computers Not Showing Up: I have my laptop and PC connected to the same network for file sharing, however my PC refuses to show up the network even when opening the network tab from the PC itself, even though it does show the laptop. While trying to fix this problem, someone recommended doing a...
  10. All networked computers show, but on one computer it shows "No Folder"

All networked computers show, but on one computer it shows "No Folder": I have several home computers running Win10 that are networked (Cat 5 cable) and setup as the same "Workgroup". In my family room and bedroom the computers are just just for HTPC use (to serve movies and watch recorded TV stored on the Server computer). This function works. I...