Windows 10: I'm buying a new laptop. Are there any articles in the Community that will help me with the...

Discus and support I'm buying a new laptop. Are there any articles in the Community that will help me with the... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm buying a new laptop. I understand that it may take longer than usual to get one because of the effect on the supply chain of Covid19/variants.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taffy087, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Taffy087 Win User

I'm buying a new laptop. Are there any articles in the Community that will help me with the...

I'm buying a new laptop. I understand that it may take longer than usual to get one because of the effect on the supply chain of Covid19/variants.

I'm keeping my current laptop until the repacement is workinging properly, to ensure that all my files, folders, software etc. have been safely installed/transferred across to it.

Are there any articles in the Community that will help me with doing this, please?

:)

Taffy087, Jan 15, 2021
  2. SunnyK Win User

New Laptop Help, Please.

What about MSI GS60 or Lenovo Y50? THey are light, portable and powerful... also both are 15" and in your budget. *Toast :toast:

SunnyK, Jan 15, 2021
  3. jdz7t8 Win User
    Buying a new laptop or desktop for gaming [help]

I want to buy either a new laptop or a new desktop for gaming. I want to run games smoothly and maybe even use it for some ps2 emulation. Could someone suggest either a laptop or desktop? I heard Alienware is expensive and over-rated. I was also told Sager laptops are good for gaming. I have about $1000-$1500 to spend on a new machine. Initially I was going to get a laptop but it seems like I would be able to get a more powerful desktop for the same price or less. Please advise. Please suggest a model/brand [desktop/laptop] that I could purchase because I don't think I know enough about computers to build one from scratch.

jdz7t8, Jan 15, 2021
  4. I'm buying a new laptop. Are there any articles in the Community that will help me with the...

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

I'm buying a new laptop. Are there any articles in the Community that will help me with the...

1. I'm buying a new laptop. Are there any articles in the Community that will help me with the... - Similar Threads - I'm buying laptop

2. Can anyone help me sign into the Microsoft Start Community? When I open an article, it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone help me sign into the Microsoft Start Community? When I open an article, it...: When I see an article, I would like to comment on, Microsoft will not let me sign in to comment on the article. I can on my laptop, but not on my desktop. I get the circle of death when prompted to sign in the Microsoft Start Community....
  3. Can anyone help me sign into the Microsoft Start Community? When I open an article, it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone help me sign into the Microsoft Start Community? When I open an article, it...: When I see an article, I would like to comment on, Microsoft will not let me sign in to comment on the article. I can on my laptop, but not on my desktop. I get the circle of death when prompted to sign in the Microsoft Start Community....
  4. Upgraded to Windows 11 - are there any articles that will help me instal my Apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded to Windows 11 - are there any articles that will help me instal my Apps?: I've bitten the bullet and have bought a Window 11 laptop details to follow.Are there any articles by the experts here that will help me transfer my current Apps to my new laptop?...
  5. Upgraded to Windows 11 - are there any articles that will help me instal my Apps?

Upgraded to Windows 11 - are there any articles that will help me instal my Apps?: I've bitten the bullet and have bought a Window 11 laptop details to follow.Are there any articles by the experts here that will help me transfer my current Apps to my new laptop?...
  6. If I buy a new Windows 11 laptop, is there an article here to help me transfer everything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I buy a new Windows 11 laptop, is there an article here to help me transfer everything...: The excellent link to Windows 11 that appeared when I powered up has an App that checked if my current laptop is able to run Windows 11. It's not, per the snip below.If I buy a new laptop, are there any articles by for example MVPs here that will tell me how to transfer all...
  7. If I buy a new Windows 11 laptop, is there an article here to help me transfer everything...

If I buy a new Windows 11 laptop, is there an article here to help me transfer everything...: The excellent link to Windows 11 that appeared when I powered up has an App that checked if my current laptop is able to run Windows 11. It's not, per the snip below.If I buy a new laptop, are there any articles by for example MVPs here that will tell me how to transfer all...
  8. Buying a new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Buying a new laptop: I know Ten Forums is for software & hardware help, but I am hoping I can get some advice on buying a new laptop. Which would be the better buy between the Lenovo IdeaPad S340 & the Lenovo IdeaPad 3? I've read about both & each have their own pros & cons, but a lot of the...
  9. Forum Article List in Windows Community

in Windows 10 Customization
    Forum Article List in Windows Community: In this list there are every forum article present in Windows Community, divided for operating system or argument: Basic troubleshooting: Updating a driver. Memory problems. Safe mode & clean boot procedures - how to make use of them Why do they do this? They are paid...
  10. buying a new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    buying a new laptop: Hi Guys My son needs a new laptop as his HP with Vista has packed up, and as you know, the vast choice on offer can be bewildering. If I describe his minimum needs, maybe you can advise. cd-rom drive 1 or 2 usb ports long battery life cheapest price as he is...