Windows 10: I'm confused about this, please help, and I'm not sure what's wrong

Discus and support I'm confused about this, please help, and I'm not sure what's wrong in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] My window is maximized, but it won't fill up the entire screen, and I can't put anything at the top of the screen either. I don't know what's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JoshBowers, May 10, 2017.

1. I'm confused about this, please help, and I'm not sure what's wrong

I'm confused about this, please help, and I'm not sure what's wrong [​IMG]
    My window is maximized, but it won't fill up the entire screen, and I can't put anything at the top of the screen either. I don't know what's wrong, but please help. I don't think that it's showing up in the screen shot, but please help.

:)

JoshBowers, May 10, 2017
  2. Tonylex Win User

Not sure what OS I'm on

Many thanks. Good to understand it. Sort of dumb that the MS upgrade to 10 wouldn't also change the OS title.

Tony

Tonylex, May 10, 2017
  3. Tonylex Win User
    Not sure what OS I'm on

Always learning, thanks

Tonylex, May 10, 2017
  4. I'm confused about this, please help, and I'm not sure what's wrong

Clint is correct sir. You have to have the correct screen resolution set or it will be like watching a wide screen movie.

Right click on the home screen - display settings -resolution... Usually choose the highest one or the one that is recommended and you'll be good to go.

mickeylittle, May 10, 2017
  5. Do you mean just that app/program that you have open, or anything that can be maximized? I've had certain apps that even maximized did what you have happen. It just wouldn't maximize to full screen. It must have a limit built in to keep a certain aspect ratio. If you mean all windows won't maximize I would agree with the previous posters, and say change your resolution/scaling to see if it affects it.

Bobby Phoenix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I'm confused about this, please help, and I'm not sure what's wrong

1. I'm confused about this, please help, and I'm not sure what's wrong - Similar Threads - I'm confused please

2. I'm confused

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm confused: Updates are available. We'll download them when you are not using a metered connection, or you can download 775.37 MB using your current data connection charges might apply. You might still need to connect to unmetered Wi-Fi for some updates. The phrase charges might apply...
  3. I'm confused

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm confused: Updates are available. We'll download them when you are not using a metered connection, or you can download 775.37 MB using your current data connection charges might apply. You might still need to connect to unmetered Wi-Fi for some updates. The phrase charges might apply...
  4. I'm confused

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I'm, confused?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm, confused?: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10.This computer, is fine. I have another, Dell computer.And it has, problems. You know when you, download a file.Then you click on, save.You go to the download folder, and run it.My other, Dell computer. Does not have a download...
  6. I'm, confused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm, confused?: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10.This computer, is fine. I have another, Dell computer.And it has, problems. You know when you, download a file.Then you click on, save.You go to the download folder, and run it.My other, Dell computer. Does not have a download...
  7. I'm, confused?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I'm about to freak out, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm about to freak out, please help: My PC crashed yesterday, and it seemed to crash because of both google chrome overloading and windows explorer loading weird. I had to close all programs, force end windows explorer and then my PC kept workinv without issues for another 6 hours and then it suddenly crashed...
  9. I'm confused - please help

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm confused - please help: I noticed an entry in task manager start up showing as follows - TwDsUiLaunch. Having researched this a little, I find three conflicting assessments of this entry. 1 - Nothing to get exited about 2 - this is a malicious nasty 3 - Its an entry via Brother printer software...
  10. I'm confused about "Administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm confused about "Administrator": When I got my new laptop with Win 10, I took my Local account as an Administrator. I thought it gave me full rights to do everything. However, every so often, a pop-up tells me i need to be an Administrator. And I must bypass it by pressing Enter, or something like that. (...