Windows 10: I'm confused about this, please help, and I'm not sure what's wrong

Discus and support I'm confused about this, please help, and I'm not sure what's wrong in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] My window is maximized, but it won't fill up the entire screen, and I can't put anything at the top of the screen either. I don't know what's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JoshBowers, May 10, 2017.

1. I'm confused about this, please help, and I'm not sure what's wrong

I'm confused about this, please help, and I'm not sure what's wrong [​IMG]
    My window is maximized, but it won't fill up the entire screen, and I can't put anything at the top of the screen either. I don't know what's wrong, but please help. I don't think that it's showing up in the screen shot, but please help.

:)

JoshBowers, May 10, 2017
  2. Tonylex Win User

Not sure what OS I'm on

Many thanks. Good to understand it. Sort of dumb that the MS upgrade to 10 wouldn't also change the OS title.

Tony

Tonylex, May 10, 2017
  3. Tonylex Win User
    Not sure what OS I'm on

Always learning, thanks

Tonylex, May 10, 2017
  4. I'm confused about this, please help, and I'm not sure what's wrong

Clint is correct sir. You have to have the correct screen resolution set or it will be like watching a wide screen movie.

Right click on the home screen - display settings -resolution... Usually choose the highest one or the one that is recommended and you'll be good to go.

mickeylittle, May 10, 2017
  5. Do you mean just that app/program that you have open, or anything that can be maximized? I've had certain apps that even maximized did what you have happen. It just wouldn't maximize to full screen. It must have a limit built in to keep a certain aspect ratio. If you mean all windows won't maximize I would agree with the previous posters, and say change your resolution/scaling to see if it affects it.

Bobby Phoenix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I'm confused about this, please help, and I'm not sure what's wrong

1. I'm confused about this, please help, and I'm not sure what's wrong - Similar Threads - I'm confused please

2. I'm confused - please help

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm confused - please help: I noticed an entry in task manager start up showing as follows - TwDsUiLaunch. Having researched this a little, I find three conflicting assessments of this entry. 1 - Nothing to get exited about 2 - this is a malicious nasty 3 - Its an entry via Brother printer software...
  3. I'm confused about the Generic and Pirated Windows keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm confused about the Generic and Pirated Windows keys: I have used either 2 or 3 keys on my computers that I have found online but I removed it as I realized it was not legal. After some time, I realized some of those keys were given by Microsoft and was probably posted on some other websites. Out of the confusion, are the keys...
  4. I'm Probably missing something but please help.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm Probably missing something but please help.: Hi there I made a small mistake. I was having trouble with my bluetooth headphones connecting to my pc but sound would still come out of the pc and not the headphones. so i found a fix and went through step by step until it got to "uninstall Realtek HD audio manager. i...
  5. I'm a little bit confused about managing data with OneDrive..??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm a little bit confused about managing data with OneDrive..??: For many years now, I have maintained a 2TB data drive in my primary desktop workstation. All of "My Documents" are stored here in the same structure as default, and I update all of the Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. to use this drive as its location. I've always had a...
  6. Not sure what is wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not sure what is wrong: Not entirely sure what is wrong with my computer lately, I just know that for the past 5 days now I have been trying to get it to work. Some of my games on Steam will not work, even though I have my GPU and windows updated. They start for a few seconds and then closes before...
  7. I'm confused about "Administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm confused about "Administrator": When I got my new laptop with Win 10, I took my Local account as an Administrator. I thought it gave me full rights to do everything. However, every so often, a pop-up tells me i need to be an Administrator. And I must bypass it by pressing Enter, or something like that. (...
  8. Backup Advice, I'm Confused

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Advice, I'm Confused: Windows includes a number of backup tools. Onedrive and to an external hard drive. I've notice some go to OneDriveand others to my external hard drive. Should I use both types of back ups or just one? With earlier PC's everything was backed up to my external hard drive. If I...
  9. I'm kind of confused...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I'm kind of confused...: OK. So. My grandpa built this desktop for me with basic hardware suitable for soft-core gaming. However, I want to do more than soft-core, so I need some help on what to upgrade to reach graphics capability for games like GW2 and Tera on high settings. Right now, the...
  10. I'm so confused!

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm so confused!: Yesterday I decided to reset my computer, mainly because of all the updates, both mine and W10. Between upgrades to W10 and me deciding to go Pro and my continual search for the perfect drivers for my games I've done quite a few. Reset it, took forever, and the first thing...