Windows 10: I'm confused about which drive to use for most updated files: this PC or my User?

Discus and support I'm confused about which drive to use for most updated files: this PC or my User? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It appears my most current files are being saved to This PC drive. My Carbonite Backup is mapped to back up to my User name, which I thought all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JouskaGal, Nov 9, 2019.

1. JouskaGal Win User

I'm confused about which drive to use for most updated files: this PC or my User?

It appears my most current files are being saved to This PC drive.

My Carbonite Backup is mapped to back up to my User name, which I thought all the most current files would be saved to.

It appears all files are saved automatically to This PC, not my User name.

It's confusing since both folders appear in both This PC and User

Since Carbonite automatically maps to the User drive, how can I switch those documents from This PC to automatically map to my user name?

:)

JouskaGal, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Nov 9, 2019
  3. cgm707 Win User
    File Explorer is confusing

Somewhat new to Windows, after having used a Mac for several years.

I find the layout in the File Explorer very confusing.

It shows Quick Access, I see two separate Desktop listings (contents not the same), OneDrive, This PC, Libraries, My User Name.

Why are there two Desktops? Is there a way to change the layout so it's not so confusing?

Thanks for any help!

cgm707, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Involute Win User

I'm confused about which drive to use for most updated files: this PC or my User?

Stop Code: INTERNAL POWER ERROR

I’m sorry, Zbook, but I’m still confused. If, as you say, “Windows can deleted needed files,” what’s the point of performing all the steps now, long after the last BSOD? If you always need these steps performed, why not list them with the sticky instructions at the top of the forum asking for the V2 log collector to be run?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, krzemien. I’ll update my driver and see if that fixes it, though I’m on whatever came after 1803 (1905? I’m not at my PC at the moment).

Involute, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. I'm confused about which drive to use for most updated files: this PC or my User? - Similar Threads - I'm confused drive

2. Confused about OneDrive and My PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confused about OneDrive and My PC: So confused! I set up my mom with OneDrive so that she could use a laptop in the hospital and be able to access all her documents. I installed Microsoft 365 on both her machines. I copied all her documents on her home computer from the My PC location to the documents folder...
  3. Confused about OneDrive and My PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Confused about OneDrive and My PC: So confused! I set up my mom with OneDrive so that she could use a laptop in the hospital and be able to access all her documents. I installed Microsoft 365 on both her machines. I copied all her documents on her home computer from the My PC location to the documents folder...
  4. Confused about OneDrive and My PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 get's confused on which account I'm using

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 get's confused on which account I'm using: I have been using Windows 10 for many years and have never had so many account problems. I've upgraded to Windows 11 and now I am having many problems with accounts. Here is my current issue.I am doing some work for a new company and they gave me an email account to use when...
  6. Windows 11 get's confused on which account I'm using

Windows 11 get's confused on which account I'm using: I have been using Windows 10 for many years and have never had so many account problems. I've upgraded to Windows 11 and now I am having many problems with accounts. Here is my current issue.I am doing some work for a new company and they gave me an email account to use when...
  7. A little confused about drives.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A little confused about drives.: I recently got a new laptop. Something I noticed was that my new laptop has less drives than the drives on old laptop. Is it supposed to be like this? Why does my new laptop only has local disk C, while my old laptop has DVD drive E, Recovery D, local disk C and an F drive?...
  8. A little confused about drives.

A little confused about drives.: I recently got a new laptop. Something I noticed was that my new laptop has less drives than the drives on old laptop. Is it supposed to be like this? Why does my new laptop only has local disk C, while my old laptop has DVD drive E, Recovery D, local disk C and an F drive?...
  9. Confused about Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Confused about Updates: Hi, I've spent a few hours this morning trying to update Windows then furiously back-peddle after reading horror stories online - throw in a Repairing Disc Errors screen... you get the idea. But I'm confused about what I should do now. Under Windows Update I have: Feature...
  10. I'm confused about "Administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm confused about "Administrator": When I got my new laptop with Win 10, I took my Local account as an Administrator. I thought it gave me full rights to do everything. However, every so often, a pop-up tells me i need to be an Administrator. And I must bypass it by pressing Enter, or something like that. (...