Windows 10: I'm confused by the Windows 10 Office Suite. SharePoint, Office 365, "OneNote" vs. "OneNote...

Discus and support I'm confused by the Windows 10 Office Suite. SharePoint, Office 365, "OneNote" vs. "OneNote... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been trying to get familiar with Windows 10 and its features. There's lots about it that confuses me: - What's the difference between "OneNote"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/imstillmb, Feb 16, 2021.

1. I'm confused by the Windows 10 Office Suite. SharePoint, Office 365, "OneNote" vs. "OneNote...

I've been trying to get familiar with Windows 10 and its features. There's lots about it that confuses me:

- What's the difference between "OneNote" and "OneNote for Windows 10"? Why does Windows 10 have both? It feels like bloatware.

- What is SharePoint?

- What is Office 365? Why is there the same "Office Suite" on there as the one on my Desktop (Excel, OneNote AGAIN, Word...)?

- OneDrive. How does this even work when I have the mobile app, web app, and desktop app? It's extremely slow and it doesn't always sync the way I want it to. Why is it that, when I delete a file from the cloud, it gets removed from my PC? There are like 3 different options to unlink your files, and I have no idea what the difference is...

I'm really confused.

submitted by /u/imstillmb
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/imstillmb, Feb 16, 2021

2. Paste Special in OneNote for Windows 10 (not OneNote in Office)

I'm used to using OneNote 2016 in Office 365 ProPlus, and I often use Paste Special and Paste as Text Only. I can't seem to find this functionality in OneNote on Windows 10. Any suggestions on what to click or any keyboard shortcuts? Thanks.

D.Somebody, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Having moved to Office 2016, I had to first install Office 2010 to a virtual test machine to get screenshots. Here we go, this is the the process which you have to repeat for each notebook you want to open in Windows 10 built-in OneNote app.

1.) If your notebooks are already stored in OneDrive, jump to step 7. If they are stored locally, open OneNote 2010.

I created a simple Sample Notebook to show this process:

I'm confused by the Windows 10 Office Suite. SharePoint, Office 365, "OneNote" vs. "OneNote... [​IMG]
    (Click screenshots to enlarge)
    2.) Open the File menu, select Info > Share on Web or Network:

I'm confused by the Windows 10 Office Suite. SharePoint, Office 365, "OneNote" vs. "OneNote... [​IMG]

3.) Select Web, click Sign In:

4.) Enter your MS account credentials:

Note If you have enabled two-step authentication on your MS account, you need first create an app password and use it here instead of the MS account password.

5.) Select in which OneDrive folder you want to save the notebook, click Share Notebook:

6.) Close OneNote 2010

7.) Open Windows 10 OneNote app. If you sign in to Windows with a Microsoft (MS) account, jump to step 11. If you sign in with a local account click Personal Microsoft Account:

8.) Sign in to your MS account:
    '

9.) Enter your Windows password, click Sign in to just this app instead:

Note This is important! Do not click Next here, it will convert your local Windows user account to an MS account!

10.) Click Start using OneNote:

11.) You can now start using Windows 10 OneNote app, having access to your notebooks:

Remember that you can also use, access and edit your notebooks stored in OneDrive online at outlook.com:

4. Kari Win User

I'm confused by the Windows 10 Office Suite. SharePoint, Office 365, "OneNote" vs. "OneNote...

Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Something I thought is worth to test:

Go to OneNote Online (Microsoft OneNote | The digital note-taking app for your devices), sign in if you are not automatically signed in:

Select Sign in with a Microsoft account, in the next dialog enter your MS account credentials:

You should now see a list of your notebooks:

If no notebooks are found you will see this:

Please tell us when testing this did you see your notebooks in OneNote Online?

Thema:

I'm confused by the Windows 10 Office Suite. SharePoint, Office 365, "OneNote" vs. "OneNote...

1. I'm confused by the Windows 10 Office Suite. SharePoint, Office 365, "OneNote" vs. "OneNote... - Similar Threads - I'm confused Office

2. Office 2019 or ( VS) office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2019 or ( VS) office 365: hello all i am looking to purchase either office 2019 or Microsoft 365 for my windows 10 Pro but i can decide which to opt for. any suggestions would be welcomed Thanks in advance 156325
  3. Office vs 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office vs 365: I was subject go a virus from China. Via e-mail the pirate said they had some passwords and address book. I had to reset my laptop which took MS office and many oither apps off my computer. Now am I better off to reinstall Office or to get Microsoft 365. I am retired and...
  4. Is OneNote 2016 similar to the OneNote that was part of Office 2010?

Is OneNote 2016 similar to the OneNote that was part of Office 2010?: I just upgraded from Windows 7 / Office 2010 to Windows 10 and the version of OneNote I used previously was faster, had many more features, and felt like a desktop app. This new version feels slow and looks like it was a horrible port from a mobile phone or something. Does...
  5. Office 2019 - OneNote

Office 2019 - OneNote: If you recently installed Office 2019 you will discover that OneNote is no longer included in the package. Even with Pro Plus, when you open one of the apps (Excel, Word, etc.), and check "Office Account", you'll still see the OneNote icon. But it's no longer installed. The...
  6. sharepoint access with office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sharepoint access with office 365: how can I use sharepoint for my softball team. I don't belong to a school I belong to a sports organization. I also don't belong to a work organization...
  7. Paste Special in OneNote for Windows 10 (not OneNote in Office)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paste Special in OneNote for Windows 10 (not OneNote in Office): I'm used to using OneNote 2016 in Office 365 ProPlus, and I often use Paste Special and Paste as Text Only. I can't seem to find this functionality in OneNote on Windows 10. Any suggestions on what to click or any keyboard shortcuts? Thanks....
  8. Latest Office 365 update breaks Send to Onenote in Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Office 365 update breaks Send to Onenote in Outlook: Has anyone who uses Outlook in office 365 noticed that the latest update V1801 9001.2138 has screwed up send to OneNote, when you try to use the 'Send to OneNote' option you now appear to be only able to send to the online version as a quick note. Prior to this update you...
  9. OneNote 2013 vs the Windows 10 OneNote App

OneNote 2013 vs the Windows 10 OneNote App: Which one should I keep and use? 12002
  10. Introducing Office OneNote Clipper 2.0

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Office OneNote Clipper 2.0: Today, we’re introducing OneNote Clipper 2.0–a major update that offers enhancements for capturing web content into OneNote and enriching that content to make it more useful. The OneNote Clipper is the easiest way to save anything from the web to OneNote. Responding to...