Windows 10: I'm convinced MS stops your computer from working if you don't update

Discus and support I'm convinced MS stops your computer from working if you don't update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have long noticed really weird issues arise when I have refused a Windows update for a certain amount of time and then when I finally update the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 22878, Jan 13, 2021.

1. 22878 Win User

I'm convinced MS stops your computer from working if you don't update

I have long noticed really weird issues arise when I have refused a Windows update for a certain amount of time and then when I finally update the issue goes away.

This last time, I went to bed and everything worked fine. I never shut my computer off, so I didn't restart it or anything, I just sat down and started using it like normal and although my internet connection worked I couldn't stream anything. No YT videos, or Amazon music, or any other streaming site, but my speedtest.net was perfectly normal and all websites would load without issue. And I tried 3 different browsers, so it wasn't that.

I called my ISP and they said everything was working, so I tried connecting my phone to my home WIFI and it played YT videos just fine. So, I clicked on the Windows update I had been ignoring and clicked restart. My computer updated and restarted and now the issue has gone away.

Anyway else have this suspicion that Microsoft will cause issues with your computer in order to force you to update?

:)

22878, Jan 13, 2021
  2. armym3 Win User

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Jan 13, 2021
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Jan 13, 2021
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

1. I'm convinced MS stops your computer from working if you don't update - Similar Threads - I'm convinced stops

2. Should you update this in your computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should you update this in your computer?: do you need to update this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-you-update-this-in-your-computer/1285d2c5-3b4c-4260-8b5b-b452dbf3f03a
  3. Should you update this in your computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should you update this in your computer?: do you need to update this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-you-update-this-in-your-computer/1285d2c5-3b4c-4260-8b5b-b452dbf3f03a
  4. Is Windows 12 even Real? I'm not convinced at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows 12 even Real? I'm not convinced at all.: I've seen rumors going around that there will be a Windows 12, However I don't believe any of it is real, Also I want to know from Microsoft themselves as Google and other spots on the Internet could be lying. So, Is Windows 12 real? or are these all Fake rumors created by...
  5. Is Windows 12 even Real? I'm not convinced at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Windows 12 even Real? I'm not convinced at all.: I've seen rumors going around that there will be a Windows 12, However I don't believe any of it is real, Also I want to know from Microsoft themselves as Google and other spots on the Internet could be lying. So, Is Windows 12 real? or are these all Fake rumors created by...
  6. how do you stop a particular game app from blacking out your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you stop a particular game app from blacking out your computer: how do you stop a game app from blacking out your computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/how-do-you-stop-a-particular-game-app-from/7eba297c-f43c-4eba-8548-5f87d8267ca2
  7. Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working: I used last Saturday my MS Wireless Display Adaptor watching a movie on my TV stored on my PC. On Wednesday morning my PC automatically updated with KB 4343909, and since then Miracast/MS Wireless Display Adapter no longer worked, even though I have seen the following on my...
  8. Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working

in Windows 10 Support
    Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working: I used last Saturday my MS Wireless Display Adaptor watching a movie on my TV stored on my PC. On Wednesday morning my PC automatically updated with KB 4343909, and since then Miracast/MS Wireless Display Adapter no longer worked, even though I have seen the following on my...
  9. How to stop Win10 from updating itself while you are working?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop Win10 from updating itself while you are working?: I just had a most unpleasant experience with Windows 10, I would like to find out how to prevent it from happening in the future. I was in the middle of typing up a long album description in Picasa when Windows decided to just reboot to install updates. There was no option to...
  10. Convince Me

in Windows 10 Support
    Convince Me: After Windows 10 had been out about a month I installed it. After about 3-4 weeks I decided I did NOT like it very much and reinstalled Windows 7 which I love. Is there anyone that can convince me to try Windows 10 again? 45173