Windows 10: I'm curious what you think of my feedback to Microsoft about Windows 1

Discus and support I'm curious what you think of my feedback to Microsoft about Windows 1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In learning it that is, and I help people do just that; I was randomly prompted to leave them a response to their Feedback Hub while I was using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by witefoda, Jan 15, 2020.

1. witefoda Win User

I'm curious what you think of my feedback to Microsoft about Windows 1

In learning it that is, and I help people do just that; I was randomly prompted to leave them a response to their Feedback Hub while I was using Settings or something:

"Dumbed-down for power users, too many things hidden and unintuitive for average and new users, oversized text and images for desktop, Settings has removed things compared to Control Panel and also requires way more scrolling for the same number of options, Programs from Start has those same two issues, too many new useless things put in the way (like the default Start tiles), difficult to order and resize desired tiles, New Folder button is tiny, shared folder icon is removed, can't pin Control Panel to Start left-side panel, User sub-folder paths in Explorer address bar show This PC instead of user's name as parent, can't make it show user's name as parent in Quick Access (for easy access to that folder without having to add it to Quick Access), This PC in Explorer Navigation pane can't have links there removed even if they're redundant to Quick Access or drive name-letters outside of it and below... among other things, what a total mess upgrade from 7. The only grace is Search but the bar is huge, nobody I know wants Cortana or Task View buttons, and Search shows web results which always open in Edge regardless of user-set browser default. Confused and infuriated people I was helping and aggravated me. Whoever designed this needs a different career."

Sorry for the long read. If you know what I'm talking about or have gone through this nonsense while helping people, feel free to chime in.

By the way, I know Microsoft's intention was to make one interface for all screen sizes (tablet and tower monitor and laptop), but I've never owned a Windows tablet and I've only known a few people who have and I know nobody now who does... and I'm with Apple on having separate OS interfaces. Also trying to walk my previous workmates through Windows 8 on desktop just to set up the printer was a nightmare, and 10's interface is similar (though better, though not as good as 7 in most ways to me anyway).

:)

witefoda, Jan 15, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

- noting you have Open Shell (free start menu) - which can do this:

I'm curious what you think of my feedback to Microsoft about Windows 1 [​IMG]

dalchina, Jan 15, 2020
  3. ethel Win User

Hi Dalchina, I just tried it again with Open Shell uninstalled, and it still worked.*Smile

ethel, Jan 15, 2020
  4. ethel Win User

Hi, I just managed to pin the Control Panel to the left side of the Start Menu. I copied the shortcut I had on the desktop, and from there, went to Program Data, Microsoft, Windows, Start Menu, Programs, and clicked on paste. I then right clicked pin to start,
    and it is on the left side. It showed also on the right, but I deleted that one, see if it stays okay.*Smile

ethel, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. I'm curious what you think of my feedback to Microsoft about Windows 1 - Similar Threads - I'm curious feedback

2. What think Microsost about KMSpico??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What think Microsost about KMSpico??: Hello Microsoft workers and people who are reading thisI ask this question to know what Microsoft thinks about KMSpicoAnd why Windows licenses are so expensive...
  3. What do you think about this ARP attack log in my router?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do you think about this ARP attack log in my router?: Hi! I looked today into the log section of my router, and I found some strange listing about some sort of ARP attack. I didn't know who are these source IP addresses come from. They are unknown to me. Should I take any action? Thanks. 177398
  4. Curious about Workgroups

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Curious about Workgroups: Just learned about workgroups, domains, and homegroups. Since all Windows 10 systems are assigned a default workgroup of WORKGROUP, does that technically mean all Windows systems not on a domain are in a workgroup with at least 1 person? I know this question is kinda silly;...
  5. Curious about this

Curious about this: Is the disk partition System Reserved the same as the system drive? submitted by /u/Jaykocravden [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hssyzb/curious_about_this/
  6. I'm curious what you think of my feedback to Microsoft about Windows10

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm curious what you think of my feedback to Microsoft about Windows10: In learning it that is, and I help people do just that; I was randomly prompted to leave them a response to their Feedback Hub while I was using Settings or something: "Dumbed-down for power users, too many things hidden and unintuitive for average and new users, oversized...
  7. Curious about Audio Drivers...

Curious about Audio Drivers...: Hi guys, I'm just wondering, AMD installed their audio drivers together with software however should I replace it with Realtek Drivers? I wonder if I should download it from realtek website (2017) or motherboard website (2015) or windows website (2019) submitted by...
  8. Weird bug. Fixed it by restarting but I'm more curious about what actually happened

Weird bug. Fixed it by restarting but I'm more curious about what actually happened: Turned on my computer, it said there was an update it was installing But the screen was split down the middle. Like when you have two monitors displaying the same thing, except the right hand side displayed more than the left hand side did, with the whole left half of the...
  9. I'm curious about how to buy it.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm curious about how to buy it.: Hi, I am a user who lives in Korea. I want to buy win10_mars. Tell me the specific methods and costs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-curious-about-how-to-buy-it/2934bd08-9560-47a5-8de6-d2297a62d400"
  10. What do you think about ZHPCleaner?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do you think about ZHPCleaner?: ZHPCleaner is another free French program for cleaning PUPs/Adware from your system. I usually run it alongside RKILL, MBAM. AdwClenaner, JRT, etc for having a different opinion. It seems to do a more thorough registry search than the others. Sometimes it points out leftover...