Windows 10: I'm done with Win10

Discus and support I'm done with Win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there For actual Trading -- I agree but I'm thinking of things like "Technical Analysis" where you want to run some "What If" scenarios or spread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by slicendice, Apr 4, 2018.

1. I'm done with Win10

This is on a $1000 screen, no mouse nor keyboard:

I'm done with Win10 [​IMG]

...just saying... *Wink

slicendice, Apr 4, 2018
  2. emtor Win User

Yes,-I'm done with PC's and Win10 and I bought a Macbook.
    Nothing wrong with Win10??? -Why does this forum exist at all then . . .
    Read down from this this thread and you'll find page after page with Win10 problems.
    821 pages in this subforum only to be exact. -Now,-that's a lot of Win10 problems.

I'll return the PC/Win10 to the store next week so they can struggle with it for a while.
    Did a restore the other day. Computer worked fine for two days, then it started the usual acting up again.
    Everything works in safe-mode so this is not a hardware problem. Most likely a corrupt restore partition or a HP driver problem. Let the computer store grind on that for a while.
    And here's the worst thing: Microsoft will decide wether the guys at the store are allowed to restore the OS from an external source or not. If Microsoft says no, then I'm stuck with a restore partition that does not solve the problem.
    If so, I'm going Linux with this computer . . . period.

Lastly, lots of people here have tried to help solve my computer problems, and for that I'm grateful.-thanks a lot.

:)

emtor, Apr 9, 2018
  3. I'M DONE WITH MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After waiting hours after my scheduled call from a Microsoft Engineer I was told that I could not be helped at the time. Why the hell call me to tell me you can't help after all those hours. Microsoft has really done it now. I am livid at this point and
    time. All the freaking money I am out of because they can't get their stuff together. Microsoft is a piece of **** company and someone is going to write me a check for my losses. I haven't been able to use my computer for work in almost a month. Microsoft
    could give a damn about my situation. I don't have administrator access on my own computer and I am the only one who uses it. I have run out of all patience. I AM GOING TO SUE THE HELL OF THESE A**HOLES!!!!!!!!! My system better be up and running by the end
    of THIS week, and I want a check for ALL OF MY LOSES!!!!!! I see Microsoft doesn't care about its customers. How on earth do they treat customers like this. In their puny minds their probably thinking its just one small customer it won't make a difference.
    I have contacted Microsoft everyday since this happened almost a month ago and STILL NO RESOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM!!!! I keep getting the run around from their incompetent Tech Support. I hate Microsoft with a passion now. And how is it we can't get in touch
    with anyone but the idiot Tech Support. How can I contact a Representative or an Engineer who knows something about computers. I'm so done with Microsoft its not even funny!

BrianaAlyse, Apr 9, 2018
  4. Blk16 Win User

I'm done with Win10

I'm done! Srttrail problem!

Here's my experience with windows 10!

After I did the upgrade from windows 7 to 10; my computer kept crashing and automatically restarting! This resulted in a lot of lost work product! Than I kept having a lot of wifi issues! Than finally after yet another crash, it decided to do a an automatic
    repair! So it does an automatic repair and the screen goes blank and my computer hasn't worked since!

Windows 10 indicates an issue with D:\\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt. I've search and tried every option on the windows community sights to resolve this issue to no avail! I've spent the past two days trying to contact Microsoft by phone or
    chat line and can't get through! Since I originally had windows 7, I've tried a system repair from a disk and that hasn't worked!

I've done everything I can think of to do! If I can't get it resolved within 24 hours, I have to go buy a new computer and I guarantee it won't have an windows operating system! I've been without a computer and unable to work for two days! This has been
    a very costly upgrade!

Blk16, Apr 9, 2018
  5. Hi,
    So why wouldn't it be possible to restore the pc to the prior os version 8.1 or 7 if that is what you're referring to that is ?

ThrashZone, Apr 9, 2018
  6. essenbe Win User
    This forum exists for the same reason eightforums, sevenforums, Linux forums and Mac Forums exist. None of them are without their problems, no matter what you have heard. We have very few people who bother to register just to say how well their computer runs with Windows 10. We only get people who have problems, just like all other help forums.

essenbe, Apr 9, 2018
  7. emtor Win User
    I've run Linux for years on my old computer. Yes,-a few hickups, but nothing serious.
    I've had Apple products, not much problems.
    Also had Win 7 for years on another HP Pavilion, never a problem,-just had to reinstall the OS once a year to keep it from getting sluggish. My Win10 experience has been a nightmare all winter. Paid 1000$ for something that forced me to use my old Lenovo/Linux while my wife used her iPAD. Today I got so tired of it all that I paid 2 grand for the Mackbook just to avoid seeing the screen go black on the Win10 PC, computer shutting off for no reason, loosing right-click, frozen startmenu, etc.
    But I'll give you this: -Win10 is wonderful ,- easy to use and smart . . . when it works, and mine does not and has never worked. Problems started on day one. Been trying to do some work on it,-sitting there with a bad feeling, just waiting for it to act up,-and then it does just that, several times every hour I've used it.

I'll post a thread the day my new Mackbook starts behaving like my Pavilion/Win10.

emtor, Apr 9, 2018
  8. emtor Win User

I'm done with Win10

I'll ask them if Win7 could be installed,-never had a problem with my previous version of Win7. A liitle slow when starting up, but that's OK.

emtor, Apr 9, 2018
  9. Hi,
    I use win-7 99% of the time *Smile
    I only benchmark on 10 so I would only notice bugs in my overclock or 10 updates which I have on pause again after restoring another system image
    So I spend more time restoring system images than actually using 10 for anything online *Smile
    I don't particularly like 10 or where it's going but it is what it is *Biggrin

ThrashZone, Apr 9, 2018
  10. Good Luck with your Mac.

Josey Wales, Apr 9, 2018
  11. emtor Win User
    Win7 always served me well,-I miss it.
    You know, the PC-world and Windows are asking for problems.
    First, Windows must work with computers from hundreds of manufacturers which in turn gets their hardware from just as many manufacturers. Windows must also cope with drivers NOT made by Microsoft. This is asking for trouble.
    I'm sure that Apple products have their problems too from time to time, but Apple is making the hardware, OS and drivers in house, and this is their strength.

emtor, Apr 9, 2018
  12. That is a Problem with Apple Products, Replacement parts , not under warranty are quite expensive and not readily available.

Josey Wales, Apr 9, 2018
  13. I'm done with Win10

Hi,
    Apple degrades it's own older products with every update
    Need a new battery bend over at the apple store *Biggrin

ThrashZone, Apr 9, 2018
  14. Very true. We also have to take into account how many of the threads are solved or have been forgotten to be marked solved. Lord knows how many times I have kicked myself for not realizing that most of my Windows 10 problems were because the GUI changed somewhat and navigation problems (or I thought they were problems) but really weren't; were solved.

I was so acclimated to CLI's (Command Line Interface) that Windows 10 introduced a whole new way to deal with the command prompt while actually not in the OS itself (Recovery Environment); but could be used to change things that you normally can't change while logged into the OS directly. In a way it's new; but at the same time, it kind of reminds me of the good old fashion way of dealing with the computer. I still have a keyboard, and don't foresee ever giving it up; at least not yet.

Every single one of my issues has been solved on TenForums; or I figured out the issue myself with a little reading and common sense while browsing the forums. I'll be one of the guys to say my computer running the 1803 Spring Creators update is running great and I've only had one problem that has been thus far solved.

EyeInTheSky, Apr 9, 2018
  15. emtor Win User
    There must be loads of people who never had a problem with Win10. I am NOT one of them.
    I bought the HP/Win10 for my wife so that she could use it at the university where she studies.
    She'll need it for her final exams coming up soon, and also until that time.
    Returning it to the seller for repair could take weeks and what if it acted up after being fixed? Result: She would not pass her exam. Yes, this is how badly this computer behaves . . .
    It would then be of no comfort to me that Win10 works for millions of other people in such a scenario.
    So I solved the problem . . . . I bought a Mackbook. and I'm pissed off with Win10.
    Had Win10 been human I'd be on death row by now for murder.

emtor, Apr 9, 2018
Thema:

I'm done with Win10

1. I'm done with Win10 - Similar Threads - I'm done Win10

2. Yes I'm in the same situation. Pls describe in plain English what needs to be done? I'm...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yes I'm in the same situation. Pls describe in plain English what needs to be done? I'm...: Yes I'm in the same situation . Can this be explained in plain English? Or can I get help at a phone store or Best Buy? I'm 70 yrs old and not tech savvy regarding this. Thanks...
  3. I'm done with windows. Had enough

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm done with windows. Had enough: This is getting worse, i just logged into my msn account and all my saved passwords have gone!there are too many problems with windows 10 and i hear windows11 is even worse, all my important passwords are gone im really p****d off.so for this reason - im out.Got an Apple imac...
  4. I'm so done with Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm so done with Microsoft: So, I'm guessing that Microsoft has decided that they will decide what I can and can't have on my computer??? Linux here I come! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-so-done-with-microsoft/aa74e768-90c9-4dad-9f8c-323f8d400550
  5. I hate this so so much I'm done

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I hate this so so much I'm done: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OBIEDA_HASSOUNEH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j7fhfp/i_hate_this_so_so_much_im_done/
  6. I'm done with this error.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm done with this error.: I have a bunch of random files on my pc and most likely some malware but idk. I'm trying to reset my computer completely to a fresh windows 10 but I keep getting this error. I will go through the part where it says "preparing to restart" and it will get to 100% then restart....
  7. How can this be done when I'm not using my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can this be done when I'm not using my computer: [ATTACH] How can this be done when my laptop is turned off of does this mean when it is turned on but idle I'm at a loss after reading the problems and hearing other friends problems I dont want it I know we agree to microsoft conditions but this is a heap of junk with only...
  8. stuff doesnt go away after i'm done using it

in Windows 10 Customization
    stuff doesnt go away after i'm done using it: for example, I click on the date and time stamp on my computer and the calendar pops up, I click on it again and then the calendar will disappear for a short moment and then it will pop back open but I don't want it to. how can I stop this from happening?...
  9. I'm absolutely done with Microsoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm absolutely done with Microsoft: This is not a question. It's an insult to all who are at Microsoft not knowing what they are doing or are simply arrogant they don't listen to their customers. Excuse me did Bill Gates leave the company to fools. Don't send out an update please. You make matters worse. Sound...
  10. I'm done with the Win10 Start Menu + apps

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm done with the Win10 Start Menu + apps: Every couple weeks Windows 10 zaps my start menu and it'll open blank. I'll open the start menu, and all my personal folders, tiles, and the apps that were there moments before will be suddenly gone. After the first time this happened, I learned how to get the apps back...