Windows 10: I'm dual booting two windows 10, bootgmr issue

Discus and support I'm dual booting two windows 10, bootgmr issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Basically, a year ago I had only 1TB HDD, that had a Windows 10 on it, after some time, I bought 250GB SSD and installed Windows 10 on it as well, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ashramnavivi, May 25, 2020.

1. I'm dual booting two windows 10, bootgmr issue

Basically, a year ago I had only 1TB HDD, that had a Windows 10 on it, after some time, I bought 250GB SSD and installed Windows 10 on it as well, in order to keep my important files, I didn't format my old HDD and that's why I'm now dual booting two Windows 10, what I want to do is to get rid of the Windows 10 on the old HDD (at least by unplugging it from my PC)

I tried doing that, but I would get this error as shown on the screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/9weoQ9E.png

When I plug HDD back in, everything works fine, the thing is, I have "bootgmr.sys" file on both of my windows 10, (HDD + SSD), so I don't know what to do, I think my "bootgmr.sys" file is corrupted on my SSD, and my system doesn't recognize it, so I would need to either rebuild it using some software such as EasyBCD or something else, or going into msconfig and removing HDD's Windows 10 from there, I would like to hear your opinion, I pretty have same problem like this guy I want to move windows boot manager from HDD to SSD

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the screenshot from my Disk Management
    https://i.imgur.com/Gs9rbEg.png

:)

ashramnavivi, May 25, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, May 25, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 25, 2020
  4. I'm dual booting two windows 10, bootgmr issue

dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, May 25, 2020
Thema:

I'm dual booting two windows 10, bootgmr issue

1. I'm dual booting two windows 10, bootgmr issue - Similar Threads - I'm dual booting

2. Windows dual-boot issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows dual-boot issue: I have an Acer Nitro 5 notebook with two SSDs. I have dual boot configured to either boot to My Windows 10 Pro drive, or my Studio drive, which is also Windows 10. On first boot, when I start up the notebook after it has been off for a while, it bypasses the dual boot and...
  3. Two Windows Boot Managers issue dual-boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Windows Boot Managers issue dual-boot: Hello, I installed a second Windows 10 installation now I have two Windows 10 installation dual-boot. Now the newer OS is set to load by default. But when I turn the laptop on, instead of the Windows Boot Manager menu I get black screen for 30 secs the 30 secs originally...
  4. Issue in booting with Dual Boot in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue in booting with Dual Boot in windows 10: Hello. I had dual booted my Dell laptop which came with preinstalled Windows 10. I had dual booted with Ubuntu 18.04 by creating a partition on the disk. To remove this dual boot, i.e. I only wanted to keep Windows 10, I formatted the disk, where Ubuntu was stored. But, now...
  5. Dual Boot two Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual Boot two Windows: Can I setup a Dual boot of two Window on same laptop having two different licenses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-two-windows/fc7ec334-c03a-4172-8b7e-d25da81c6763"
  6. Dual Boot Windows 10 Two Different Drives

Dual Boot Windows 10 Two Different Drives: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 (1803) on a HDD (in a laptop). I used the Windows 10 Media-Creation Tool (running from this HDD) to create a bootable installation-USB. I just installed a PCIe SSD, booted from the USB, and tried to install Windows 10 (1903) onto the SSD. The...
  7. Dual Boot Two Windows 10 Two Different Drives

Dual Boot Two Windows 10 Two Different Drives: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 (1803) on a HDD (in a laptop). I used the Windows 10 Media-Creation Tool (running from this HDD) to create a bootable installation-USB. I just installed a PCIe SSD, booted from the USB, and tried to install Windows 10 (1903) onto the SSD. The...
  8. Windows Dual boot issue.

Windows Dual boot issue.: My windows 7 is partitioned as F:\ ( out side windows ) when it should be C:\. This stops me from booting into it. My windows 10 WAS on F:\(outside windows) and it switches to C:\ when you boot it up but now it is on C:\ (outside windows). Is there a way to fix it?...
  9. Dual Boot two Windows 10 Pro issues

Dual Boot two Windows 10 Pro issues: Hello I just build a new pc and I decided to go for a dual boot (one will be used for work: music production/video editing and the other for casual stuff, gaming etc) each of the two Windows 10 is installed in it's own hard drive (two different SSD drives) The first issue...
  10. Dual boot. Two problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual boot. Two problems.: Problem 1 *Smile I've successfully installed W10 to dual boot with Vista. It works well but for one irritation, which is that I am asked for my password every time I select and boot to W10. I get that multi-coloured W10 rainbow lock screen ? the one that you click and it...