Windows 10: I'm encountering a problem with the Windows 10 Start Menu

Discus and support I'm encountering a problem with the Windows 10 Start Menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I'm encountering a problem with the Windows 10 Start Menu. Recently, the live tiles have stopped updating, and some pinned apps are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Somun Debel, Dec 2, 2023.

1. I'm encountering a problem with the Windows 10 Start Menu

Hello everyone! I'm encountering a problem with the Windows 10 Start Menu. Recently, the live tiles have stopped updating, and some pinned apps are not launching when clicked. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer, running the Start Menu troubleshooter, but the issue persists. Has anyone faced a similar problem with the Start Menu on Windows 10 and found a way to resolve it? Any suggestions or insights would be fantastic. Thank you!

:)

Somun Debel, Dec 2, 2023
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Dec 2, 2023
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Dec 2, 2023
  4. I'm encountering a problem with the Windows 10 Start Menu

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

Fix problems with the Start menu - Microsoft Support

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Dec 2, 2023
Thema:

I'm encountering a problem with the Windows 10 Start Menu

1. I'm encountering a problem with the Windows 10 Start Menu - Similar Threads - I'm encountering problem

2. I'm encountering a problem with the Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm encountering a problem with the Windows 10 Start Menu: Hello everyone! I'm encountering a problem with the Windows 10 Start Menu. Recently, the live tiles have stopped updating, and some pinned apps are not launching when clicked. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer, running the Start Menu troubleshooter, but the issue...
  3. I'm encountering a problem with the Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm encountering a problem with the Windows 10 Start Menu: Hello everyone! I'm encountering a problem with the Windows 10 Start Menu. Recently, the live tiles have stopped updating, and some pinned apps are not launching when clicked. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer, running the Start Menu troubleshooter, but the issue...
  4. I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search.: Hey everyone! I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search. The search bar isn't providing accurate results, and some files seem to be missing from the search index. I've tried rebuilding the index and troubleshooting using Windows Search and Indexing troubleshooter, but...
  5. I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search.: Hey everyone! I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search. The search bar isn't providing accurate results, and some files seem to be missing from the search index. I've tried rebuilding the index and troubleshooting using Windows Search and Indexing troubleshooter, but...
  6. I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search: Hey everyone! I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search. The search bar isn't providing accurate results, and some files seem to be missing from the search index. I've tried rebuilding the index and troubleshooting using Windows Search and Indexing troubleshooter, but...
  8. I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search: Hey everyone! I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search. The search bar isn't providing accurate results, and some files seem to be missing from the search index. I've tried rebuilding the index and troubleshooting using Windows Search and Indexing troubleshooter, but...
  9. I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Windows 10 start menu problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu problems: Downloaded W10 last night (from win 8.1) and right out of the gate I am having problems with the start menu. 1) can't get live tiles to work on tiles in the start menu 2) some are garyed out 3) I remember seeing extra large app sizes in the W10 preview builds but...