Windows 10: I'm experiencing a reoccuring BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discus and support I'm experiencing a reoccuring BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, everyone!Link to the minidump is herePlease help me figure out what may cause the issue.Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Quipex, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Quipex Win User

I'm experiencing a reoccuring BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hello, everyone!Link to the minidump is herePlease help me figure out what may cause the issue.Thanks!

:)

Quipex, Aug 14, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in nwifi.sys

Hi,

Corrupted or outdated Network drivers may be the possible reason why you are experiencing the error BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in nwifi.sys. To better assist you, we'd like to clarify if your Network drivers are updated.

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the suggestion shared by XP ROCKS on this

thread
    on how to reinstall your killer networking Bandwidth Control Filter Driver.

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Athamas Win User
    BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have been getting random BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Source: nwifi.sys) in the last 3 days. They seem to only appear when playing videos on YouYube, but it might be a coincidence.

What has changed in the last 3 days?

Nothing on the laptop itself. I plugged in a new keyboard and mouse (both USB), and a USB hub (USB-C).
    I also installed new drivers for the Intel Graphics and "Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager" as suggested by Dell Driver Updater, but this was an attempt to fix the BSOD, which already happened before updating these drivers.

What are the laptop info and specs?

• Text version: MEGA
    • Speccy version (can be imported into Speccy): MEGA
    • MsInfo32 Output: MEGA

Most recent dump files?

This is the content of C:\Windows\Minidump: (all 3 are the most recent BSOD dumps and match with the date and time of the BSODs)

MEGA
    MEGA
    MEGA

What have you tried?

I have checked with the Dell System Detect utility to see if all the drivers were up to date; 2 weren't and I updated them (as written above) but that didn't solve the issue.

I have cleaned the system Registry with the CCleaner utility, but that didn't solve the issue.

What can I do?

EDIT:

Upon suggestion, I updated the killer drivers.
    All seemes fine of a while, then, after the laptop went to suspended state, I noticed the external mouse stopped working, while the touchpad worked.
    After plugging and unplugging, I rebooted.
    Laptop stuck to reboot for 6 min (usually takes 6 seconds) then BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

Log:

MEGA

Athamas, Aug 14, 2022
  4. I'm experiencing a reoccuring BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Reoccurring BSOD's relating to bugcheck 0x1a

First time posting, so sorry in advance if I missed a thread policy. This started when I upgraded my rig from a i5 6400 to a Ryzen 5 3600. This also included a new Mobo to suport said cpu. Apart from the torturous 12 hours of errors setting up the system. Once I had it all setup I kept getting these BSOD's after some usage time. After using bugcheck and checking forums, most evidence pointed to the newest nvidia drivers and my crucial mx300 m-sata ssd both causing driver errors. I replaced the SSD, and reverted to the default nvidia driver, and the symptoms stopped showing for a while. This was until Memory_management BSOD's started showing up after I close any game. I read online that Nvidia knew about the errors with their current drivers and were rolling out a patch in the recent update, so i manually installed that driver. This still hasn't fixed the problem. Currently, my computer will work fine until I am either playing or closing a game, which it will then BSOD with different errors each time, but the most common two are System-Service-Exception and Memory_Management. Here is a screenshot of my event viewer:

I'm experiencing a reoccuring BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL [​IMG]

Troubleshooting Steps I've Done:
    • Updated CPU and chipset drivers, both from Mobo website and AMD website
    • Updated BIOS to the latest version listed on MSI website
    • ran 2 memory tests (one was memtest, the other was a stability test in windows, forgot the name) both finished clean
    • installed, removed, and reinstalled nvidia drivers
    • reinstalled windows 10
    • rubber ducky debugging

I've looked at multiple forum posts online, but none seem to have my exact symptoms so maybe I'm missing something. Thanks in advance for any help! (log files attached)

fameman100, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

I'm experiencing a reoccuring BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

1. I'm experiencing a reoccuring BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Similar Threads - I'm experiencing reoccuring

2. I'm experiencing DPC Watchdog BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm experiencing DPC Watchdog BSOD: HiRecently bought a new gaming laptop ASUS Zephyrus G16 and have been experiencing the DCP Watchdog Violation blue screen of death, only occurs when gaming.I have triedUpdating driversUpdating BIOSUsed DDU to remove and then clean install the game ready driverfound an issue...
  3. I'm experiencing DPC Watchdog BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm experiencing DPC Watchdog BSOD: HiRecently bought a new gaming laptop ASUS Zephyrus G16 and have been experiencing the DCP Watchdog Violation blue screen of death, only occurs when gaming.I have triedUpdating driversUpdating BIOSUsed DDU to remove and then clean install the game ready driverfound an issue...
  4. I'm experiencing a reoccuring BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm experiencing a reoccuring BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, everyone!Link to the minidump is herePlease help me figure out what may cause the issue.Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-experiencing-a-reoccuring-bsod/66ec1dcd-0e08-4b44-a331-0279ded3cd66
  5. I'm experiencing a reoccuring BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm experiencing a reoccuring BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, everyone!Link to the minidump is herePlease help me figure out what may cause the issue.Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-experiencing-a-reoccuring-bsod/66ec1dcd-0e08-4b44-a331-0279ded3cd66
  6. Reoccuring BSODs

Reoccuring BSODs: Hello,I've been experiencing an issue over the past few days where my computer randomly encounters an error and blue-screens. I haven't detected any viruses or malware, and I assume this may be driver related, but I don't know. In event viewer, I found the following...
  7. Reoccurring BSODs

Reoccurring BSODs: crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\060721-9140-01.dmpThis was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F6C90 Bugcheck code: 0xA 0xFFFFF78000010008, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFFFFF8070FC9447EError: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALfile path:...
  8. Reoccuring BSOD

Reoccuring BSOD: Hello! I have had reocurring BSODs happen very frequently and can't make heads or tails of it. They happen randomly around every 20 minutes; they seem to be correlated with browsing the internet, i.e. they don't just happen on startup. BSOD errors seen so far include:...
  9. Reoccuring BSOD

Reoccuring BSOD: Have had reocurring BSODs happen every other day, with various stop codes, like IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE I have dmp files and msinfo32 output in this drive folder:...
  10. Reoccuring BSOD

Reoccuring BSOD: I've been getting random BSOD's when closing a few online games. I've checked, rechecked and tested all hardware. The only thing the BSOD shows for the stop code is REFERENCE_BY_POINTER The Event Viewer show's the following The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...