Windows 10: I'm experiencing sound issues based on volume and also problems with installing High...

Discus and support I'm experiencing sound issues based on volume and also problems with installing High... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I been having this for like 2 years now but just gonna explain in these steps about these issues: 1. Now with the sound issue I been noticing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Taylor-Paige Timmins, Jan 22, 2021.

1. I'm experiencing sound issues based on volume and also problems with installing High...

Hi, I been having this for like 2 years now but just gonna explain in these steps about these issues:

1. Now with the sound issue I been noticing that my volume is at 100% but when I play sound such as watching a YouTube video or playing a game I've noticed that my volume seems to adjust itself by going quiet when it stays at 100% it just doesn't loud at all like as example it stays loud for like for a few seconds or so then I notice it goes back to being quiet like the sound itself is more like 8 or 7% which doesn't show that its at that volume percentage but it just doesn't seem loud for a 100% volume.

2. Now with this I went onto Device Manager - Add legacy hardware - Manually install hardware - Sound, devices and controllers etc - Sound - Microsoft- High Definition Audio I went to click install then it gives me a message that just says "An error occurred during the installation of the device, The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance" now it was working before yes before I last purchased this laptop back in 2019 but the thing is I did notice some BSOD appeared, sound issues occurred like low volume at 100% from what I'm telling here about it and all so I sent it to the MSI repair team which was at another location, they gave me the device back after they put in a repair list of them fixing the motherboard and such but I noticed BSOD came back, sound issues came back, sent it to repair but in the UK second time no issues or faults were found and I only notice that sound issues are still there and I cant seem to install the High Definition Audio.

Now I know the High Definition audio stopped working when the MSI repair team was fixing on it for the first team of sending it off to repair which I have nothing to do with it.

Is there a way to fix these issues? I will be sending like a video of the sound issue which I let you hear what I mean of sound decreasing volume on its own.

:)

Taylor-Paige Timmins, Jan 22, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Windows 10 volume is always defaulted to 36 and I can't change it

Hi Ajinc,

It could be some outdated sound drivers or some audio enhancements that caused the issue you are experiencing with controlling your system volume. To narrow down such concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which version and build of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click on the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps listed here. Those are troubleshooting steps suitable for sound problems.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jan 22, 2021
  4. I'm experiencing sound issues based on volume and also problems with installing High...

Sound issue swith Windows 10

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing sound issue with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

I'm experiencing sound issues based on volume and also problems with installing High...

1. I'm experiencing sound issues based on volume and also problems with installing High... - Similar Threads - I'm experiencing sound

2. Windows sound thingy is empty, also volume mixer volume does not save.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sound thingy is empty, also volume mixer volume does not save.: Windows sound thingy is empty and volume mixer volume does not save. Everytime i set a program's volume, it randomly changes back to 100 some minutes later. I do not know how to fix it. I am on windows 11. I will attach a screenshot with the empty volume thingy, no devices...
  3. Windows sound thingy is empty, also volume mixer volume does not save.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sound thingy is empty, also volume mixer volume does not save.: Windows sound thingy is empty and volume mixer volume does not save. Everytime i set a program's volume, it randomly changes back to 100 some minutes later. I do not know how to fix it. I am on windows 11. I will attach a screenshot with the empty volume thingy, no devices...
  4. Windows 11 issues also with the sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 issues also with the sound.: Recently, the technician repaired it due to overheating, and now I'm having problems with speakers because at every startup the sound remained muted for the same reason, I do any different methods to bring the sound back, if it didn't work. I've been waiting for 3 weeks to...
  5. Windows 11 issues also with the sound.

Windows 11 issues also with the sound.: Recently, the technician repaired it due to overheating, and now I'm having problems with speakers because at every startup the sound remained muted for the same reason, I do any different methods to bring the sound back, if it didn't work. I've been waiting for 3 weeks to...
  6. I'm currently experiencing a problem with my secondary ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm currently experiencing a problem with my secondary ssd: I have installed a secondary ssd Western Digital SA510 and i have updated the firmware on it to version 52020100. Now if i run sfc /scannow and restart my laptop Dell G3 3500 , Its stuck in an infinite boot loop cycle, or if i enter the BIOS before the windows booting start...
  7. I'm currently experiencing a problem with my secondary ssd

I'm currently experiencing a problem with my secondary ssd: I have installed a secondary ssd Western Digital SA510 and i have updated the firmware on it to version 52020100. Now if i run sfc /scannow and restart my laptop Dell G3 3500 , Its stuck in an infinite boot loop cycle, or if i enter the BIOS before the windows booting start...
  8. Sound volume changes on it's own at high volumes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound volume changes on it's own at high volumes: Hello this video here should be suffice to show my issue.https://streamable.com/7h6sxcI recently built a new computer but reused my OS from my previous computer.I have my audio being played to my speakers from a Line In source via device playback and at high volumes the audio...
  9. Sound volume changes on it's own at high volumes

Sound volume changes on it's own at high volumes: Hello this video here should be suffice to show my issue.https://streamable.com/7h6sxcI recently built a new computer but reused my OS from my previous computer.I have my audio being played to my speakers from a Line In source via device playback and at high volumes the audio...
  10. Issue with bluetooth sound volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with bluetooth sound volume: Hello, I use my steel series 3 bluetooth, everything work but for one irritating details: Windows lower the volume on my headset when in bluetooth. The issue isn't from the headset, the sound volume is perfect when its bluetooth is paired with my phone and not my Windows...