Windows 10: I'm facing an issue with Windows time.differently from the BIOS time.

Discus and support I'm facing an issue with Windows time.differently from the BIOS time. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So basically, in my laptop anytime I make changes in the windows time and restart to BIOS I see that the BIOS is running on a different time. And vice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aldrin_789, May 4, 2021.

1. I'm facing an issue with Windows time.differently from the BIOS time.

So basically, in my laptop anytime I make changes in the windows time and restart to BIOS I see that the BIOS is running on a different time. And vice versa when I change the BIOS tim then the windows time changes. It's really frustrating. The windows clock is showing time synchronization failed in yellow. And just above it shows last time synchronised was in 2015. Please provide me a solution to this problem. Btw I checked Windows time from services and it is set to automatic and it is running. Plus i tried changing the servers too.

:)

Aldrin_789, May 4, 2021

2. Issues with Windows Time

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience that you are facing with Windows Times service and will certainly help you.

This issue might have occurred due to the incorrect settings of Windows Time service.

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Check the
    Internet time settings.

• Use Windows key+ R and type "timedate.cpl".
    • From the Internet Time tab click on
      Change Settings.
    • Check mark on synchronize with the
      internet time server value and click update now.
    Method 2: Check the status of Windows time service.

• From the desktop window, press Windows logo + R
      keys.
    • Type services.msc in run window.
    • From the services window find 'Windows Time' and double click on it.
    • If service status is stopped, click on
      start and press ok.
    Method 3: Check if the correct Date and time is set in the
    BIOS from the device manual.

If you are not comfortable accessing the BIOS, please contact the device manufacturer.

Disclaimer: Modifying
    BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause
    serious problems that may prevent your tablet from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your
    own risk.

Please get back to us with an update and we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, May 4, 2021
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, May 4, 2021
  4. I'm facing an issue with Windows time.differently from the BIOS time.

Windows 10 (v1511) Time/Date Synchronization Issue

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience n this issue.

The way to access to BIOS differs from one manufacturer to another. In this case, you can refer to the manual provided by the manufacturer for more information on the same.

However, if you find the system time under BIOS settings to be working fine,
    I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 4, 2021
Thema:

I'm facing an issue with Windows time.differently from the BIOS time.

1. I'm facing an issue with Windows time.differently from the BIOS time. - Similar Threads - I'm facing issue

2. Possibility of obtaining a time different from the OS time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possibility of obtaining a time different from the OS time: Hello,Is it possible that the time in Windows and the time obtained by the language's now function etc. are different?For example, the last time obtained is retained due to cache.Kind Regards, Toru...
  3. Possibility of obtaining a time different from the OS time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possibility of obtaining a time different from the OS time: Hello,Is it possible that the time in Windows and the time obtained by the language's now function etc. are different?For example, the last time obtained is retained due to cache.Kind Regards, Toru...
  4. Possibility of obtaining a time different from the OS time

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I'm having major issues with my computer hanging from time to time and this is the error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having major issues with my computer hanging from time to time and this is the error...: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 6/9/2023 2:22:34 PM Event ID: 1 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: WHEA Error Event Logs User: LOCAL SERVICE Computer: EPC621D8A-138 Description: A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the...
  6. I'm having major issues with my computer hanging from time to time and this is the error...

I'm having major issues with my computer hanging from time to time and this is the error...: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 6/9/2023 2:22:34 PM Event ID: 1 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: WHEA Error Event Logs User: LOCAL SERVICE Computer: EPC621D8A-138 Description: A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the...
  7. The BIOS boot time in the task manager is sometimes different.

The BIOS boot time in the task manager is sometimes different.: Hello everyone. I run into a strange thing where the bios boot time is sometimes different. I am using an acer nitro 5 laptop and usually my bios boot time is 3.6 seconds, but sometimes it changes to 3.7, 3.8 or 3.9 seconds. What could be causing this?...
  8. I'm facing an issue with Windows time. So basically in my laptop the windows time is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm facing an issue with Windows time. So basically in my laptop the windows time is...: Anytime I make changes in the windows time and restart to BIOS I see that the BIOS is running on a different time. And vice versa when I change the BIOS tim then the windows time changes. It's really frustrating. The windows clock is showing time synchronization failed in...
  9. Windows BIOS Time Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows BIOS Time Issue: Hello everyone, Recently I upgraded my computer with a M.2 SSD. Windows was reinstalled again on the SSD. The Windows BIOS time is higher than with when I was using the HDD. Using the SSD is much faster without a Windows password. But once I have setup a password for...
  10. Why does time in Windows Defender differ from System time?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does time in Windows Defender differ from System time?: Hi! As you can see from the screenshots, time in defender is one hour in front of the current correct time. It has been like this for several weeks. The "Windows update" screenshot, txt meaning: You are updated. Last checked today 16.28 You will find the time for...