Windows 10: im getting a pop up warning of a worm/trojan. e.tre456_worm_windows, or similar

Discus and support im getting a pop up warning of a worm/trojan. e.tre456_worm_windows, or similar in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi. getting warnings of a worm/trojan, something similar to the above ( it might possibly be e.tree465_worm_windows) but cant be sure ive got it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pete7975, Jun 2, 2019.

1. pete7975 Win User

im getting a pop up warning of a worm/trojan. e.tre456_worm_windows, or similar

hi. getting warnings of a worm/trojan, something similar to the above ( it might possibly be e.tree465_worm_windows) but cant be sure ive got it exactly correct as ive no clue how to get a screenshot on Windows 10.

im running windows 10 64 bit pro, fully up to date.

the pop up only appears when playing the 'microsoft ultimate word games' app and at no other time, and (so far) only when playing the 'crosswords' section of that app.

2 questions. first, how do i get rid of it? and second, how do i (if i can) report this to Microsoft to get repaired?

Thanks

:)

pete7975, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Ken Blake Win User

Is the "trojan worm" virus real or just hackers phissing?

Two points:

1. There is no such thing as a "trojan worm virus." Trojans, worms, and viruses are three different kinds of malware.

2. You are clearly infected. But the flash post with a voiceover warning is a symptom of the infection itself. It is not telling you about some other infection; it *is*the infection.

Do not call the alleged Windows/Microsft phone number. It is not a Microsoft number. Instead, download and run the free MalwareBytes AntiMalware at Malwarebytes Cybersecurity for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS and see if that gets rid of it for you.

Ken Blake, Jun 2, 2019
  3. LynnTatum Win User
    calc.exe Calculator worms IRCBot backdoor Trojans

• Name
    Microsoft Calculator

• Filename
    calc.exe

• Command
    calc.exe

• Description
    A variant of the
    IRCBot
    family of worms and IRC backdoor Trojans.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Start Menu

LynnTatum, Jun 2, 2019
  4. im getting a pop up warning of a worm/trojan. e.tre456_worm_windows, or similar

Possible trojan worm

I was on the Internet and then a msg appeared stating to call MS at 1-888-660-1755. It stated that I have RDN Trojan worm 1655BCC 5113134 Infection.

I did not call the number.

Thanks.

fazallison, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

im getting a pop up warning of a worm/trojan. e.tre456_worm_windows, or similar

1. im getting a pop up warning of a worm/trojan. e.tre456_worm_windows, or similar - Similar Threads - getting pop warning

2. Trojan horse warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan horse warning: I visited a trusted site and then a pop-up appeared on my computer saying that this computer has been blocked for security and then Microsoft support number. Should I be worried and should I use windows prebuilt antivirus to do a proper scan?...
  3. Trojan horse warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan horse warning: I visited a trusted site and then a pop-up appeared on my computer saying that this computer has been blocked for security and then Microsoft support number. Should I be worried and should I use windows prebuilt antivirus to do a proper scan?...
  4. Mcafee ovinspecutions.com warning pop-up

Mcafee ovinspecutions.com warning pop-up: Hello. I opened an invitation for a Linkedin connection and that seemed to trigger or introduce a pop-up that suggests I have viruses and appears to be from McAfee via something called ovinspecutions.com. I searched ovinspecutions.com and it seems to be a bad actor and should...
  5. security pop up warning

security pop up warning: My other laptop just had a pop up warning from windows defender security center, that advises not shutting down the device , the system has been locked down, to contact windows support. I know this is some sort of malware but not sure how to proceed with shutting down the...
  6. security pop up warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security pop up warning: My other laptop just had a pop up warning from windows defender security center, that advises not shutting down the device , the system has been locked down, to contact windows support. I know this is some sort of malware but not sure how to proceed with shutting down the...
  7. security pop up warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Pop-up Ransomware Warning

Pop-up Ransomware Warning: The other day, I clicked on a link for an interesting article. I was pinged with a supposed ransomware attack. Knowing everything that I know about computers, I immediately clicked CTRL ALT DEL together to bring up Task Manager and ended the task. You will not be able to...
  9. Trojan Horse Warning

Trojan Horse Warning: Is 1-888-288-6775 a legitimate Microsoft Support phone number? Had a laoud audio and video warning pop up on my screen saying it was a Trojan Spyware Alert & to contact that number. Is this a hacker scam?...
  10. Trojans and worms

Trojans and worms: I received a message upon startup yesterday that I was infected with a Trojan xcc32 and a worm.system32. Theyu wanted me to contact someone to fix the problem. I just dismessed the pop up and went about my business. Have not heard again from them. Am I OK - it seems I am, or...