Windows 10: Im getting Additional Updates available in Windows Update

Discus and support Im getting Additional Updates available in Windows Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How exactly does this work and what is the best way to deal with these updates? This is more info on what Ive just seen on my PC I have clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sportsfan148, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Im getting Additional Updates available in Windows Update

How exactly does this work and what is the best way to deal with these updates?

This is more info on what Ive just seen on my PC
    I have clean installed 1903 recently so Im still getting used to the way Windows Updates works with 1903.
    I don't manually checked for updates. I just let Windows Update update automatically when Windows Updates are ready. However, This morning in Windows Update I got Updates Available with a yellow exclamation mark. Directly underneath the message was the following :-
    2019-06 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 (KB4502584)
    Status Pending Download
    Updates are ready to download
    and a grey Download button

All previous updates have been pushed to my PC automatically as normal. Is there a reason why this update hasn't downloaded automatically? Why am I getting a Download button?..What should I do with this Update? Should I click on the download button or wait for Windows to automatically install it?

Underneath that there is a line and the following :-
    Additional Updates Available
    2019-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4501375)
    Download and Install Now in blue

I have checked up on what has been fixed etc with the update. But why am I seeing Additional Updates instead of them being installed automatically? What should I do with this and any other Additional Updates that appear in the future?

:)

sportsfan148, Jun 29, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 29, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 29, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Im getting Additional Updates available in Windows Update

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

Im getting Additional Updates available in Windows Update

1. Im getting Additional Updates available in Windows Update - Similar Threads - getting Additional Updates

2. Get the latest updates as soon as they are available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get the latest updates as soon as they are available: what is that option ? Get the latest updates as soon as they are available When we already ve configured windows to get auto updates from microsoft then why this option is needed and what does it provide ?is it about beta update ? as it's unable to install updates v often ?...
  3. Get the latest updates as soon as they are available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get the latest updates as soon as they are available: what is that option ? Get the latest updates as soon as they are available When we already ve configured windows to get auto updates from microsoft then why this option is needed and what does it provide ?is it about beta update ? as it's unable to install updates v often ?...
  4. Get the latest updates as soon as they are available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why im getting daily windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why im getting daily windows update: This is too much irritating in daily basis im getting windows update and doling daily and wasting too much time for update.again another day same windows update is getting Simply this stupid update wasting my time daily basis around 3hours.Then how i can use my laptop for my...
  6. Why im getting daily windows update

Why im getting daily windows update: This is too much irritating in daily basis im getting windows update and doling daily and wasting too much time for update.again another day same windows update is getting Simply this stupid update wasting my time daily basis around 3hours.Then how i can use my laptop for my...
  7. Why im getting daily windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 is getting support for additional Microsoft products updates

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting support for additional Microsoft products updates: On Windows 10, Windows Update allows you to easily download feature updates, monthly cumulative update updates, optional updates, and driver updates. Windows Update can also detect, download and apply updates for Microsoft products, which can include the Office productivity...
  9. Windows update shows no available updates but in event viewer getting 1001

Windows update shows no available updates but in event viewer getting 1001: Team, We had issues with Windows updates with one of the Windows 10 machine. Then ran Windows update troubleshooter utility for windows 10 and it fixed the errors. But now getting lot of errors on in Event viewer. Can some one help me decode this and fix this issue....
  10. "check for updates" gets none available

"check for updates" gets none available: My older laptop updated to V1903 just find. My newer gateway laptop does not see any updates available. Both have been good and operating normally with V1809...