Windows 10: I'm getting an error IT policies may be restricting access to this folder.

Discus and support I'm getting an error IT policies may be restricting access to this folder. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Happend when I tried to install Discord and Faceit. Its my PC and doesn't have any IT policies so the error is really confusing me. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/n00t_n00t_m0thafucka, Sep 29, 2020.

1. I'm getting an error IT policies may be restricting access to this folder.

Happend when I tried to install Discord and Faceit. Its my PC and doesn't have any IT policies so the error is really confusing me.

submitted by /u/n00t_n00t_m0thafucka
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/n00t_n00t_m0thafucka, Sep 29, 2020

2. Unlocking Restricted Access Due To Group Policy Setting

Thanks again for the reply.

I followed your suggested steps, but even though the user shows as being added and active it does not appear on the sign in page as an alternative account.

Maybe I am giving the command in the wrong directory. When I boot into the recovery environment the directory in command prompt is: x:\windows\system32

I ran the command from here. But the new added user did not appear on the sign in page.

I also used the diskpart and list volume command to check on which partition windows is installed. I changed directory to c:\> and again followed your steps. But again the new added user did not appear on the sign in page.

Can you please give me more instructions on how to remedy my foolish Group Policy restriction?

OROB_KEIMOES, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Unlocking Restricted Access Due To Group Policy Setting

Good day, I need urgent help!

I made a big error and feel like a fool.

I set the Group Policy to only access excel.exe, outlook.exe and firefox.exe thinking that it will not affect my Administrator account. But it did and now I cannot access Command Prompt , Registry Editor, Recovery or Notepad as I get a message .

“This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer”

Can anyone help to find a solution for this Group Policy setting?

4. I'm getting an error IT policies may be restricting access to this folder.

Unlocking Restricted Access Due To Group Policy Setting

Update:

In the recovery environment I tried to reset my PC to a system recovery point that was automatically created on 27/04/2018. But I received an error that the recovery was unsuccessful and could not completed.

Do you or anyone else have any further steps I can try to remove the Group Policy restrictions?

Thema:

I'm getting an error IT policies may be restricting access to this folder.

1. I'm getting an error IT policies may be restricting access to this folder. - Similar Threads - I'm getting error

2. Messed up Group Policy Restrictions and cannot access anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Messed up Group Policy Restrictions and cannot access anything: Hello and I need help. I wanted to block an application on a user on my computer. But in the procress, I have messed up the operation and now nobody can access anything. I can’t even get to the Group Policy editor anymore. Does anyone have any answers! Big note I am the admin...
  3. IT policies may be restricting access to this folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    IT policies may be restricting access to this folder: was attempting to download and install "Discord' and when I clicked on the exe it gave me this nbotification. I am confussed as many other programs install fine.. I am the only admin and only user of this PC and not understanding why I am getting this notification....
  4. i'm getting printer error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i'm getting printer error: Does mirosoft help fix printer errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-getting-printer-error/2bddda54-11ff-45ad-bbc8-4ec7721da68e
  5. I'm getting this error for the EA Access Hub, any help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm getting this error for the EA Access Hub, any help?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/netherbawss235 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dyc69v/im_getting_this_error_for_the_ea_access_hub_any/
  6. restrict permission policy on share folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restrict permission policy on share folder: I want to set one permission policy on share folder which its not happening, user or group should have modify rights but not of delete rights i have try this locally folder by every triangle but its not succeeding, Do anyone have best solution for this ?...
  7. I'm getting as Access Denied message in my OneDrive folder - but not for every folder...

I'm getting as Access Denied message in my OneDrive folder - but not for every folder...: I seem to have some access, but not for one particular folder (the one I need, of course). It tells me contact my administrator, which can only be me, since this is a home application....
  8. Microsoft Store WindowsApps folder restricted access to folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store WindowsApps folder restricted access to folder.: Long story short, downloaded football manager 19 and wanted to add a league DB which I was able to do from my other FM games through the steam workshop and wanted to add my Canadian league so I can play in that league since FM never adds that league to their DB. I download...
  9. how to I restrict access to a folder?

how to I restrict access to a folder?: Like can I AT LEAST require users to enter an admin password again??? idk why is option is not available. like maybe I want someone to help edit something on my main account but like you know some stuff is off limits....
  10. How to restrict standard user access to folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to restrict standard user access to folders: On my secondary hard drive, I have some folders that I don't want standard users to see or access. How can I go about doing this? Thanks! 17727