Windows 10: I'm getting 'Ask for permission' and can't resolve it

Discus and support I'm getting 'Ask for permission' and can't resolve it in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm getting 'Ask for permission' trying to install a game for my kids. First of all I shouldn't be asked that cause I'm administrator of this PC and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TVargek, Jan 29, 2021.

1. TVargek Win User

I'm getting 'Ask for permission' and can't resolve it

I'm getting 'Ask for permission' trying to install a game for my kids.

First of all I shouldn't be asked that cause I'm administrator of this PC and also I'm signed in with MS account.

And, second, when I press 'Ask by mail' button I get 'Something went wrong' and 'We’re working on it – try again in a little bit.' and

Trace ID: e08FWgKj6UGnZM7e.28.1

SO WHAT NOW?

:)

TVargek, Jan 29, 2021

2. Ask for Permission - Google Chrome

Hi Julian,

The issue regarding the permission when you're trying to use the different browser is because of the settings on
    Family and Safety. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is already removed to the
    Family list. To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jan 29, 2021
  3. How did this get released before testing and why does it change all permissions without asking

Hi,

is the permission for the folders in your user profile shown as "read-only'?

If this is the case, I would suggest you to try these steps and check if they help:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    • This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later.
    Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Maria Fab Win User

Error of asking permission from the administrator

Hello,

The error message that asks permission usually appears when you don't have administrator rights to copy a file or folder. To determine the cause of the issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is the exact error message that you're getting?
    • Were you able to copy files before without any error?
    • Were there any changes made on your PC prior to this?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Niranjan Manjhi on this
    post. It includes guidelines on how to take ownership of a file or folder,
    turn off the User Account Control (UAC) which is necessary in preventing unauthorized changes to your computer, and enabling the hidden built-in administrator account on your PC. This was marked as an answer and a lot of Community members
    claimed it as helpful and that it solved their problem.

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

1. I'm getting 'Ask for permission' and can't resolve it - Similar Threads - I'm getting 'Ask

2. USB asking to get permission to copy a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB asking to get permission to copy a file: I have a Window 11 Laptop. After inserting a 2 year old USB drive and while copying a .inf file from my system to the USB drive, it is asking to get permission and then try it....
  3. USB asking to get permission to copy a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB asking to get permission to copy a file: I have a Window 11 Laptop. After inserting a 2 year old USB drive and while copying a .inf file from my system to the USB drive, it is asking to get permission and then try it....
  4. I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission.: Hi,I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission the pop ups disappear and I' am unable to let the app make changes to my device. I am unsure on how to fix this any advice would be appreciated....
  5. I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission.: Hi,I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission the pop ups disappear and I' am unable to let the app make changes to my device. I am unsure on how to fix this any advice would be appreciated....
  6. Ask For Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ask For Permissions: So Um These Few Days Im Getting theseEven tho im not in a family It shows for most of the Build in apps Such as Snip and sketch Camera Photos etc...Pls Help anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-for-permissions/b693d7f5-e919-479a-a836-aee5096285dd
  7. Asking permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Asking permission: Every time i try go into certain websites it tells me i need permission to get into them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asking-permission/497b942a-eb28-4de9-95b5-e56262ff630e
  8. Microsoft asking for permission of an adult while I'm the family administrator

Microsoft asking for permission of an adult while I'm the family administrator: Im the family administrator 1st my son tried to install game through his account but the massage of "request permission appear to him" I got no notification so i tried to install it from my account on the PC with surprise of same massage then i removed all the family...
  9. Asking permission

Asking permission: I just logged on to my new computer with my Microsoft account which is an adult account btw and it keeps making me ask for permission and when I click ask for permission it says that something went wrong and it's trying it'sits trying fix it...
  10. I'm been preventing using all type of programs - Ask for permission -You'll need to ask an...

I'm been preventing using all type of programs - Ask for permission -You'll need to ask an...: I'm been preventing using my computer ant my douther complaining that she ned permission - again for using ROBLOX and MINECRAFT - I give her that, but nothing happens. In my family account setup the permission is given an the program is "open". Then in my logonuser "all...