Windows 10: I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission.

Discus and support I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission the pop ups disappear and I' am unable to let the app make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jack rowley2, Feb 1, 2023.

1. I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission.

Hi,I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission the pop ups disappear and I' am unable to let the app make changes to my device. I am unsure on how to fix this any advice would be appreciated.

:)

jack rowley2, Feb 1, 2023
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Error of asking permission from the administrator

Hello,

The error message that asks permission usually appears when you don't have administrator rights to copy a file or folder. To determine the cause of the issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is the exact error message that you're getting?
    • Were you able to copy files before without any error?
    • Were there any changes made on your PC prior to this?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Niranjan Manjhi on this
    post. It includes guidelines on how to take ownership of a file or folder,
    turn off the User Account Control (UAC) which is necessary in preventing unauthorized changes to your computer, and enabling the hidden built-in administrator account on your PC. This was marked as an answer and a lot of Community members
    claimed it as helpful and that it solved their problem.

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, Feb 1, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Photos Permissions Error

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are signed in as administrator.

I would like to inform you that it could be better, if you sign in as administrator and check if the issue persists.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to take the full control of the folder or files.

• Right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user
      names
      , click your name to see the permissions you have.
    • The permissions for the selected user or group are shown in the lower portion of the properties dialog box.
    • Assign yourself “Full control” permission by checking the box for “Allow” for Full Control and check if you can access the drive.
    If the issue still persists, follow the below steps.

1. Type UAC or User Account Access on the search bar.

2. From UAC window, I suggest you to bring down the level to default and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the folder permissions. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 1, 2023
  4. I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission.

UAC dims the display When Asked for Administrator Privileges

Hi Darius,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we truly appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work on this issue. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Is the system connected to the Domain?
    2. Was there any major update on your system prior to which you did not face this issue?
    3. What is the complete message that you are receiving when you are getting a “dark screen with the sound of asking for administrator permissions”?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you.

1. Search for UAC in search bar.
    2. Click on Change User Account Settings from the list.
    3. You would see a slider bar to the left of the page which you can adjust up and down.
    4. Move the slider and position it so it is second from the bottom. You should see some text to the right side stating
      Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop).

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission.

1. I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission. - Similar Threads - I'm Getting file

2. File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works.: By "nothing" I mean administrator privileges, startup repair or File Explorer. Even the bloody volume window causes the taskbar to reload, and the Start and Search menus are slow as molasses.I tried a proposed "Sounds" fix, nothing. All other proposed fixes use Admin CMD or...
  3. File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works.: By "nothing" I mean administrator privileges, startup repair or File Explorer. Even the bloody volume window causes the taskbar to reload, and the Start and Search menus are slow as molasses.I tried a proposed "Sounds" fix, nothing. All other proposed fixes use Admin CMD or...
  4. File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. USB asking to get permission to copy a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB asking to get permission to copy a file: I have a Window 11 Laptop. After inserting a 2 year old USB drive and while copying a .inf file from my system to the USB drive, it is asking to get permission and then try it....
  6. -1073741818

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    -1073741818: “-1073741818”Windows Windows1073741818 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%96%87%E4%BB%B6%E7%B3%BB%E7%BB%9F%E9%94%99/6defbbd9-2e13-4812-b0fc-108eeb0465c6
  7. I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission.: Hi,I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission the pop ups disappear and I' am unable to let the app make changes to my device. I am unsure on how to fix this any advice would be appreciated....
  8. I'm getting 'Ask for permission' and can't resolve it

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I'm getting 'Ask for permission' and can't resolve it: I'm getting 'Ask for permission' trying to install a game for my kids. First of all I shouldn't be asked that cause I'm administrator of this PC and also I'm signed in with MS account. And, second, when I press 'Ask by mail' button I get 'Something went wrong' and 'We’re...
  9. File system error -1073741818. cant open programs, taskmanager disappears

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File system error -1073741818. cant open programs, taskmanager disappears: So ive only very recently the last few hours noticed this, but i keep getting this error when trying to open programs. My start menu is also noticeably slower and whenever i open task manager it just disappears straight away. Im on windows 10, just did a bunch of windows...
  10. file system error -1073741818

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    file system error -1073741818: Every single time I click on .exe, regedit, Run as administrator, task manager, etc that is an exe except for some it gives me a file system error that says this Pic:https://gyazo.com/16e0de8c7b0e7046f1a99c25a1b855e6 Basically when I try downloading something too it just...