Windows 10: I'm getting what I think are scam emails that are spoofed to look like microsoft.

Discus and support I'm getting what I think are scam emails that are spoofed to look like microsoft. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; They come from this email address Microsoft Rewards <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> When I hover over the email the links go to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Newk72, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Newk72 Win User

I'm getting what I think are scam emails that are spoofed to look like microsoft.

They come from this email address

Microsoft Rewards <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>

When I hover over the email the links go to e.microsoft.com.

Here's a screenshot.

I'm getting what I think are scam emails that are spoofed to look like microsoft. e5c1ec9b-7414-442d-9157-735dcf6d6b14?upload=true.png

:)

Newk72, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Links in phishing-like emails lead to tech support scam

Source: Links in phishing-like emails lead to tech support scam Windows Security

Brink, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Spoof-Mail

I have got an eMail I suspect as a spoof an would like to forward it to Microsoft, but do not find a mail-address for to send spoofs to.

WaltraudSeemann, Sep 28, 2018
  4. oily_17 Win User

I'm getting what I think are scam emails that are spoofed to look like microsoft.

e-bay Spoof Email Alert

Just a heads up for anyone receiving an email allegedly from eBay.

I received a spoof email today from "e-bay <member@e-bay.co.uk>" with the subject "eBay System Update: Identity Confirmation"

If you receive this email delete it immediately and dont click on any links in the mail.You will notice that e-bay is hyphenated and not the proper eBay address.

This has been confirmed by eBay to be a spoof email.

oily_17, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

1. I'm getting what I think are scam emails that are spoofed to look like microsoft. - Similar Threads - I'm getting are

2. I'm getting scammed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting scammed: My computer is locked I got scammed once and turned on my computer for a year and now the number they gave me to call I called it and they hung up so I finally got a hold of somebody at Microsoft and he said that they're checking to see if any of my information was gotten...
  3. I'm getting scammed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm getting scammed: My computer is locked I got scammed once and turned on my computer for a year and now the number they gave me to call I called it and they hung up so I finally got a hold of somebody at Microsoft and he said that they're checking to see if any of my information was gotten...
  4. I received an email today. I have to upgrade? It looks like a scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received an email today. I have to upgrade? It looks like a scam: I received an email today from Microsoft saying I have to upgrade or they'll delete my files? Is this from Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-an-email-today-i-have-to-upgrade-it/02f56194-f11a-4466-9124-cca043b870aa
  5. I received an email today. I have to upgrade? It looks like a scam

I received an email today. I have to upgrade? It looks like a scam: I received an email today from Microsoft saying I have to upgrade or they'll delete my files? Is this from Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-an-email-today-i-have-to-upgrade-it/02f56194-f11a-4466-9124-cca043b870aa
  6. I received an email today. I have to upgrade? It looks like a scam

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Received an email fraudulent this morning with the Microsoft logo. I think is a scam.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Received an email fraudulent this morning with the Microsoft logo. I think is a scam.: Received an email this morning that I was being charged for a Microsoft VPN Upgrade which I did not order or subscribe to. ie; Order confirmation Order ID #69821548 Dear user, We know you are excited to get your new windows update. This email is in regards to let you know...
  8. I think I'm a victim of Tech support scam. What should I do?

I think I'm a victim of Tech support scam. What should I do?: I think I'm a victim of Tech support scam. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-im-a-victim-of-tech-support-scam-what/c6a2f669-5746-4529-8046-b3c27aea752e
  9. sudden message that looks like a scam

sudden message that looks like a scam: I have been randomly getting a "corrupted windows10 message with a beeping sound." I looked online and it seems to be a scam, but I don't know how to get rid of it. I just scanned the computer with a malware scanner from Microsoft, but I don't think it got rid of it....
  10. spoof email

spoof email: I received an email supposedly from a contact indicating it was from Joe (not real name). On opening it, it was obvious it was a spoof. Needing to let Joe know about this I realised he wasn't in my "Mail" contacts list, but he was in my Thunderbird contacts list. I opened...