Windows 10: I'm going to be needing to clone my Win 10 SSD to a new, larger SSD.

Discus and support I'm going to be needing to clone my Win 10 SSD to a new, larger SSD. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The SSD I'm using now is a 500G and it's getting full, so I have a 1 terabyte* on the way. The 500G is set up as SATA. Nothing is wrong, it's just too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chuckiechan, Mar 25, 2020.

1. I'm going to be needing to clone my Win 10 SSD to a new, larger SSD.

The SSD I'm using now is a 500G and it's getting full, so I have a 1 terabyte* on the way.

The 500G is set up as SATA. Nothing is wrong, it's just too small so I'll probably use it as data.
    I plan to set the new one up as SATA also, but do I call it "C new" for now or name the old one "C old" and let Windows figure it out?
    New Egg suggested AOMEI free as a good choice for cloning.

I am still running the free version of Win10 so I'm wondering if I'll need to plea my case to Microsoft to keep using the free version.

So can I expect smooth sailing, or do you guys see any issues I need to deal with before hand?

Old drive is a Crucial CT240M500SSD1 ATA
    *New drive:
    *WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5"/7mm Solid State Drive - WDS100T2B0A

Windows 10 Home
    Version # 10.0.18362 Build 18362

A screen shot of the Disk Manager is attached.

I hope to have my courage up in the next couple of days... *Wink

Thanks in advance

:)

chuckiechan, Mar 25, 2020

2. Transfer or clone OS from one SSD to larger new SSD

I currently have windows 10 home on my computer and i want to clone the boot drive SSD (250 Gb) to a new larger 500Gb SSD and have that as my. Boot drive. Which migration software works best with windows 10, free or otherwise. They are Samsung SSD's so
    i was just going to try their migration software that comes with the new SSD. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

PeterDureska, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Garrisonq Win User
    Cloning HDD to SSD KEEPS FAILING

I have a Samsung SSD, so I am using the Samsung data migration application.

Garrisonq, Mar 25, 2020
  4. I'm going to be needing to clone my Win 10 SSD to a new, larger SSD.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

I'm going to be needing to clone my Win 10 SSD to a new, larger SSD.

1. I'm going to be needing to clone my Win 10 SSD to a new, larger SSD. - Similar Threads - I'm going needing

2. How to clone ssd to a larger ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clone ssd to a larger ssd: I am trying to clone my OS and everything on my current ssd to a new ssd, but the software I tried using minitool wizard partition kept trying to get me to upgrade to a pro version even though I had a trial of it....
  3. How to clone ssd to a larger ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clone ssd to a larger ssd: I am trying to clone my OS and everything on my current ssd to a new ssd, but the software I tried using minitool wizard partition kept trying to get me to upgrade to a pro version even though I had a trial of it....
  4. how to make a clone of windows 11 on a larger ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make a clone of windows 11 on a larger ssd: as above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-a-clone-of-windows-11-on-a-larger-ssd/ee33d414-d10c-4cae-b146-e781748059d5
  5. Cloning an OS to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning an OS to a new SSD: Hi there! I bought a tower from a friends company but had to buy a new SSD that did have an OS installed onto it. I was wondering how I can go about cloning my current OS from my laptop onto the new SSD so I can use the tower. I have found numerous videos showing how to clone...
  6. reactivate win 10 with a larger SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    reactivate win 10 with a larger SSD: Hi. I nowhere find this answer in a specific way. I do have a digital license from win 10 and I am upgrading my ssd from 240gb to 500gb. That is the only change I am making. Will the activation cause problems? Thank you....
  7. Clone To A Larger SSD With Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone To A Larger SSD With Macrium Reflect: I guys. I am about to clone to a larger SSD, and I don't want to leave any unallocated space. There are 3 partitions there. System Reserved, Operating System and a Recovery Partition on the right which the Windows installer must have created as I built the computer myself....
  8. Cloning old Windows 10 SSD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cloning old Windows 10 SSD to new SSD: If I clone my old upgraded windows 10 SSD to a new SSD and do a clean install on the new SSD. Would the new cloned SSD be activated? 9609
  9. SSD Clone to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD Clone to SSD: Hey, I am cloning several computers for work with the exact same hardware. I have a working computer with a SSD and HDD. When I clone the SSD and start up the same computer with the SSD switched windows will not load and it gives me the standard missing required files to...
  10. How can I clone my small ssd to a larger ssd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I clone my small ssd to a larger ssd?: I know that the answer is in tenforums somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm buying a 500GB SSD to replace my 120GB ssd and need to know how to clone the smaller ssd to the larger one. Is there a tutorial here? Thanks. 82865