Windows 10: im going to reinstall windows but keep my files because i accidently deleted important...

Discus and support im going to reinstall windows but keep my files because i accidently deleted important... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i recently deleted some important windows files and now my pc freezes up and wont let me close applications and wont let me go into others. i decided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LaheebNassiri, Jul 4, 2020.

1. im going to reinstall windows but keep my files because i accidently deleted important...

i recently deleted some important windows files and now my pc freezes up and wont let me close applications and wont let me go into others. i decided that reinstalling windows is the best way but i don't want to lose all my files so i will choose the option to save my files. does anyone know if i reset my PC with keeping my files, will windows still be activated? i bought windows 10 legitimately and I've used the command prompt and even 3rd party applications to get my activation key but nothing is showing up my theory is its because i deleted something that linked my activation key to it.

:)

LaheebNassiri, Jul 4, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

I Think CCleaner Deleted My AsusSetup Log File

Is your system misbehaving or programs crashing/not starting, then no... don't worry about a log file.

However, you keep calling it an inii file... do you mean it is an .ini file; if so, run the program the file is for, open the options menu, set the options, save the options... it will probably re-wite the .ini file.

If, it won't start, then try a repair on the program or re-install the program affected.

CCleaner deleted it,because it is set to delete log files, temp files, etc. as default.
    It is a program, you must set its options and tell it what to do and not to do.

Quote from Recuva's documentation page:
    Spoiler
    And, same info here: Recuva File Recovery

95Viper, Jul 4, 2020
  3. I accidently deleted my wifi in settings Help!!

I accidently deleted my wifi in settings how do I get it back so I can go online without my modem connecting wire ? Help!!

WiFi is no longer listed in Settings as a choice in Networks and Internet list with

Status-

Ethernet-

VPN-

Dial up

bduncan801, Jul 4, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

im going to reinstall windows but keep my files because i accidently deleted important...

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

im going to reinstall windows but keep my files because i accidently deleted important...

1. im going to reinstall windows but keep my files because i accidently deleted important... - Similar Threads - going reinstall keep

2. Accidently deleted important UWP packages.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently deleted important UWP packages.: I was trying to deep clean Windows, but I regret touching the WindowsApps folder. I forcefully deleted some of the folders which I thought weren't important. I did actually find the folders who represented the programs I had installed earlier, and aren't present anymore, so...
  3. Accidently deleted important UWP packages.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidently deleted important UWP packages.: I was trying to deep clean Windows, but I regret touching the WindowsApps folder. I forcefully deleted some of the folders which I thought weren't important. I did actually find the folders who represented the programs I had installed earlier, and aren't present anymore, so...
  4. Recover a permanently deleted file accidently deleted without reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover a permanently deleted file accidently deleted without reinstalling windows 10: RECOVER A FILE THAT WAS ACCIDENTLY PERMANENTLY DELETED WITHOUT REINSTALLING WINDOWS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-a-permanently-deleted-file-accidently/1096ceba-23af-43b6-8e4f-ecfd633c9bdd
  5. Recover a permanently deleted file accidently deleted without reinstalling windows 10

Recover a permanently deleted file accidently deleted without reinstalling windows 10: RECOVER A FILE THAT WAS ACCIDENTLY PERMANENTLY DELETED WITHOUT REINSTALLING WINDOWS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-a-permanently-deleted-file-accidently/1096ceba-23af-43b6-8e4f-ecfd633c9bdd
  6. Recover a permanently deleted file accidently deleted without reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. i accidently deleted all my windows files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i accidently deleted all my windows files: i accidently deleted all my windows files i was going to delete a file then i accidently pressed that little square that selects all files and i didn't relies till my pc wouldn't let me do anything not even factory reset my pc and I'm crying right now because i spent 2 grand...
  8. i accidently deleted all my windows files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i accidently deleted all my windows files: i accidently deleted all my windows files i was going to delete a file then i accidently pressed that little square that selects all files and i didn't relies till my pc wouldn't let me do anything not even factory reset my pc and I'm crying right now because i spent 2 grand...
  9. i accidently deleted all my windows files

10. Accidently deleted windows files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidently deleted windows files: Hi, I have accidentally deleted the windows files and not able to access some of the software i.e. adobe premiere pro cc 2019 when I try to open that or any other software it is showing an error that msvcp140.dll not found. I recently bought a system and don't want any...