Windows 10: I'm going to upgrade the hard drive.

Discus and support I'm going to upgrade the hard drive. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm going to upgrade the hard drive to an SSD and reinstall Windows 10. I have the original product key. Will it work?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TeresaJean1, Apr 2, 2021.

1. I'm going to upgrade the hard drive.

I'm going to upgrade the hard drive to an SSD and reinstall Windows 10. I have the original product key. Will it work?

:)

TeresaJean1, Apr 2, 2021

2. Hard Drive Upgrade

I am going to upgrade my hard drive from rpm to ssd and needed to know what the step to getting my windows 10 on the new hard drive.

AddamMelvin, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Apr 2, 2021
  4. I'm going to upgrade the hard drive.

little cat, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

I'm going to upgrade the hard drive.

1. I'm going to upgrade the hard drive. - Similar Threads - I'm going upgrade

2. Win10 hard drive going into green screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 hard drive going into green screen: So I had a malware infection last night. I ran a few suggested apps, and was able to get my pc back up and running. But when I booted the PC this morning, it went to the dreaded green screen. Now it won't boot, boot repair isn't working does it ever?, and there is no option...
  3. Win10 hard drive going into green screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 hard drive going into green screen: So I had a malware infection last night. I ran a few suggested apps, and was able to get my pc back up and running. But when I booted the PC this morning, it went to the dreaded green screen. Now it won't boot, boot repair isn't working does it ever?, and there is no option...
  4. Win10 hard drive going into green screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My external hard drive keeps going to sleep while I'm editing in Premiere Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external hard drive keeps going to sleep while I'm editing in Premiere Pro: I just got a new computer. I'm still on Windows 10 just like my last computer. Now when I'm editing videos in Premiere Pro the hard drive goes to sleep if I take a 30 second break from editing. How to I make my hard drive never go to sleep? Every video I've seen has solutions...
  6. My external hard drive keeps going to sleep while I'm editing in Premiere Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My external hard drive keeps going to sleep while I'm editing in Premiere Pro: I just got a new computer. I'm still on Windows 10 just like my last computer. Now when I'm editing videos in Premiere Pro the hard drive goes to sleep if I take a 30 second break from editing. How to I make my hard drive never go to sleep? Every video I've seen has solutions...
  7. My external hard drive keeps going to sleep while I'm editing in Premiere Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. In-place upgrade on secondary hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In-place upgrade on secondary hard drive?: I have a two SSDs in my computer with windows 10 installs on them, lets call them A and B. Something is wrong with startup files on B and no matter what i try, i cant boot into it. I can boot into A however, and can access B once inside of A and access all of B’s files. I...
  9. Upgraded hard drive for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded hard drive for Windows 10: Hello, I replaced an old HDD drive with SSD drive. I had a Windows 7 home edition on old hard disk. Now I am trying to re-use the same product key on Windows 10 installed fresh on new SSD. It is not allowing me to enter. Because it has different format and number of...
  10. Upgrading hard Drives

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading hard Drives: This is a custom built PC I want to buy a new system board & add a bigger SSD to my system an load my OS from it instead of the HDD. I have a digital licensefree upgrade in 2016 How does one go about this process? Am I able to reinstall my OS to a new drive and keep my...