Windows 10: I'm hacked I think

Discus and support I'm hacked I think in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Next to the time in my taskbar is the word hacked. I am a novice and don't know where to start to find out how this got there. It was appearing every... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by odetowatch13, Jul 12, 2019 at 9:02 AM.

1. I'm hacked I think

Next to the time in my taskbar is the word hacked. I am a novice and don't know where to start to find out how this got there. It was appearing every now and then , but is now there all the time. I'm assuming I should be concerned about this. I ran SuperAntispyware and found nothing.
    I ran "Wise registry cleaner" and did a full scan with my Avast virus program. Nothing seems to help. I am running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 on a Dell laptop. I connect by
    secured WIFI in my home and run the Avast firewall. I'm stuck. Thanks to anyone who could help. If you need more info let me know.

:)

odetowatch13, Jul 12, 2019 at 9:02 AM
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • I'm hacked I think [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. sookie(2) Win User
    Password / security code Limbo .... Hacked by M$ ??

Received "you've probably been hacked" warning [ostensibly] from M$

After numerous repeats of warning & after receiving/applying "security code" - I reset my Password

Attempted to review Recent Activity & find I am now
    Locked Out - neither new nor old Password works & "security code" received FAILS!?!

Thus I'm reminded (repeatedly) of M$ overarching philosophy: "No good deed goes unpunished!"

Now, to waste another hour+ of my life accessing/updating all the text files, devices, password managers and cloud files where I had painstakingly noted [now defunct] M$ Password!

Presumably next is dance class, to learn the "authentication two-step" ...... ARGGGGGH!

------------------------ Update -----------------------

Yup, apparently I have been hacked by M$ ....

Changed Password, per M$ "security alert", and now am receiving this ever-so-helpful email "Out-of-Date Account Notification:

"The most common cause of an out-of-date account is an incorrect password. Select Fix account in
    the notification bar at the top of the Mail or Calendar app. If your password is incorrect, you'll see a message asking you to update your password ..."

Again ... "No good deed goes unpunished!"

4. I'm hacked I think

Pentium M

Not sure what I'm looking at. Though when I do go to Options and then CPU it lists my CPU
    as Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 GHz, and then under that it lists speed: 799.9 MHz
    and then features and cache size.I ran the benchmark test and don't understand all
    those numbers, but while testing I checked CPUZ and it still says it is running at 800 MHz.

Thema:

I'm hacked I think

1. I'm hacked I think - Similar Threads - I'm hacked

2. Email using our in house MS Exchange Server... I'm using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email using our in house MS Exchange Server... I'm using Windows 10: A few days back, something strange started happening while writing a new email. 1- I am in Outlook 2- Click New email 3- Start typing on line 1, then I click enter twice to move down 2 spaces THEN! 4- The cursor moves down 2 lines, and the line I had just wrote changes...
  3. Windows keeps restarting without my permission while I'm asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows keeps restarting without my permission while I'm asleep: I don't generally like turning off my computer since it closes everything I have open. I generally just shut my laptop and get in bed. However, an issue that occasionally comes up has been bothering me. Sometimes I'll wake up and my PC has been restarted for absolutely no...
  4. Windows 10 Shows I'm Offline But Can Access Chrome but Not Edge or Other Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Shows I'm Offline But Can Access Chrome but Not Edge or Other Microsoft Apps: My Internet Shows "Not Connected" all of a sudden. However, I can access Google Chrome. On the other hand, Microsoft tools like Edge, Skype, Windows Update, and others says that I'm either offline. It's very strange. Cortana also doesn't work, saying I'm offline. OneDrive is...
  5. Here I'm getting an issue in windows defender!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Here I'm getting an issue in windows defender!!!: I tried a lot but it is showing still the same. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/here-im-getting-an-issue-in-windows-defender/d0908a0d-a85c-44e9-95ba-06347230fc2a"
  6. Re-Activating WIndows 10 after Hardware Change - tool can't find the device I'm using

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-Activating WIndows 10 after Hardware Change - tool can't find the device I'm using: I recently updated the motherboard of my PC (which has Windows 10 that I got with the free upgrade from Windows 7). The activation troubleshoot tool took me to where I can select the device I'm trying to update. However, it does not list the device I'm using. My computer is...
  7. I reinstalled my Windows and now I'm missing Splendid display settings and Tru2life...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I reinstalled my Windows and now I'm missing Splendid display settings and Tru2life...: When I purchased this ASUS laptop, I found that MyAsus was pre-installed and was looking through what it was, I found out that I can change display settings (from Normal > Vivid or Vice versa). There was also another setting called Tru2Life, I figured that it improved my...
  8. I'm trying to get the Microsoft (god forbid) version of Skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to get the Microsoft (god forbid) version of Skype: friend's Windows 10 desktop computer. When we go to the download page it says Skype is already installed on his machine and won't initiate download. I have looked everywhere I can think of on his computer for Skype and it seems to only exist in the registry (in MANY places)...
  9. URGENT Computer hacked and I'm locked out. What to do? ERROR # 268d3x8938(3)

URGENT Computer hacked and I'm locked out. What to do? ERROR # 268d3x8938(3): Computer hacked and I'm locked out. What to do? ERROR # 268d3x8938(3) I'm writing from another computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/urgent-computer-hacked-and-im-locked-out-what-to/ee6a8380-61f8-45e5-9d18-54540161df3b
  10. How do I know if i'm being hacked?

How do I know if i'm being hacked?: how do I know if i'm being hacked ? what exactly helps to notice that my windows is hacked ? [Original Title: security]...