Windows 10: I'm hacked I think

Discus and support I'm hacked I think in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Next to the time in my taskbar is the word hacked. I am a novice and don't know where to start to find out how this got there. It was appearing every... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by odetowatch13, Jul 12, 2019.

1. I'm hacked I think

Next to the time in my taskbar is the word hacked. I am a novice and don't know where to start to find out how this got there. It was appearing every now and then , but is now there all the time. I'm assuming I should be concerned about this. I ran SuperAntispyware and found nothing.
    I ran "Wise registry cleaner" and did a full scan with my Avast virus program. Nothing seems to help. I am running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 on a Dell laptop. I connect by
    secured WIFI in my home and run the Avast firewall. I'm stuck. Thanks to anyone who could help. If you need more info let me know.

:)

odetowatch13, Jul 12, 2019
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • I'm hacked I think [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. sookie(2) Win User
    Password / security code Limbo .... Hacked by M$ ??

Received "you've probably been hacked" warning [ostensibly] from M$

After numerous repeats of warning & after receiving/applying "security code" - I reset my Password

Attempted to review Recent Activity & find I am now
    Locked Out - neither new nor old Password works & "security code" received FAILS!?!

Thus I'm reminded (repeatedly) of M$ overarching philosophy: "No good deed goes unpunished!"

Now, to waste another hour+ of my life accessing/updating all the text files, devices, password managers and cloud files where I had painstakingly noted [now defunct] M$ Password!

Presumably next is dance class, to learn the "authentication two-step" ...... ARGGGGGH!

------------------------ Update -----------------------

Yup, apparently I have been hacked by M$ ....

Changed Password, per M$ "security alert", and now am receiving this ever-so-helpful email "Out-of-Date Account Notification:

"The most common cause of an out-of-date account is an incorrect password. Select Fix account in
    the notification bar at the top of the Mail or Calendar app. If your password is incorrect, you'll see a message asking you to update your password ..."

Again ... "No good deed goes unpunished!"

sookie(2), Jul 12, 2019
  4. I'm hacked I think

Pentium M

Not sure what I'm looking at. Though when I do go to Options and then CPU it lists my CPU
    as Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 GHz, and then under that it lists speed: 799.9 MHz
    and then features and cache size.I ran the benchmark test and don't understand all
    those numbers, but while testing I checked CPUZ and it still says it is running at 800 MHz.

boise49ers, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

I'm hacked I think

1. I'm hacked I think - Similar Threads - I'm hacked

2. My account got hacked they changed the password and microsoft doesn't trust that I'm the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account got hacked they changed the password and microsoft doesn't trust that I'm the...: pls help* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-account-got-hacked-they-changed-the-password/3cad8a02-51c2-4a62-aa37-092359d9c8cc
  3. My account got hacked they changed the password and microsoft doesn't trust that I'm the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My account got hacked they changed the password and microsoft doesn't trust that I'm the...: pls help* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-account-got-hacked-they-changed-the-password/3cad8a02-51c2-4a62-aa37-092359d9c8cc
  4. My "network action center" is turned off and will not turn on. Does that mean I'm hacked,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My "network action center" is turned off and will not turn on. Does that mean I'm hacked,...: My "network action center" is turned and will not allow me to turn it on. Does that mean I'm hacked and if so how do I resolve the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-action-center-is-turned-off-and-will/adc524af-e8d0-49bc-a352-02b36084ce84
  5. My "network action center" is turned off and will not turn on. Does that mean I'm hacked,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My "network action center" is turned off and will not turn on. Does that mean I'm hacked,...: My "network action center" is turned and will not allow me to turn it on. Does that mean I'm hacked and if so how do I resolve the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-action-center-is-turned-off-and-will/adc524af-e8d0-49bc-a352-02b36084ce84
  6. Nasty Hack and I'm not computer savvy at all. Please help- if you can.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Nasty Hack and I'm not computer savvy at all. Please help- if you can.: Help! My laptop and my friend's notebook and 3 Android phones have all been taken over by some remote user, adware gobbledygook that's taken over and we can't get it gone even with factory resets and wiping the HHD of the notebook and starting over. Ai enabled? IDK but it's...
  7. I think I'm being hacked.

I think I'm being hacked.: Every time I startup my laptop a cmd pops up and does something then closes and when I check my logs a find this. I found another question on here just like it and they didn't give a perfect awnser all they said was somebody might be trying to hack into it and im lazy so...
  8. I don't know whether i'm getting hacked or i'm glitched

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I don't know whether i'm getting hacked or i'm glitched: So I loaded up my pc and when I pressed the space bar to initiate the sign-in screen I was greeted with a message saying "You've entered an incorrect PIN several times To try again, enter A1B2C3 below." and I thought I just knocked my keyboard accidentally before my pc...
  9. Microsoft New and Old Edge Registry Hack Not working, Or Is i'm doing anything wrong?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft New and Old Edge Registry Hack Not working, Or Is i'm doing anything wrong?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vikasvenky [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dv5nwf/microsoft_new_and_old_edge_registry_hack_not/
  10. I'm being hacked. r

I'm being hacked. r: My documents and photos cannot be downloaded. I've been hacked for a year now, please sort this out. Don't tell me to change my password, the pig is already in. How can I put the One Drive right? Why do pc's have a spot for 'USERS' that nobody ever checks (7 engineers)....