Windows 10: I'm having a strange audio issue

Discus and support I'm having a strange audio issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have the Realtek ALC887 onboard audio. The test button in the sound control panel is the only sound I can hear. I tried reinstalling the drivers, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/2waysolitaire, May 31, 2020.

1. I'm having a strange audio issue

I have the Realtek ALC887 onboard audio. The test button in the sound control panel is the only sound I can hear. I tried reinstalling the drivers, I tried troubleshooting it through windows, and getting the update that it suggested. I tried different versions of the Realtek audio driver, but to no avail. I've been troubleshooting all day. Any help I can get will be highly appreciated. My motherboard is the ASUS Prime b450M-gaming/br.

submitted by /u/2waysolitaire
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/2waysolitaire, May 31, 2020

2. Issues with audio recording using M-Track input device, Windows 10 1809.

Hi Richard,

We see that you are facing difficulties in audio recording using M-Track. Could let us know, are you referring to M-audio M-Track device? However, we recommend you to refer

Troubleshoot audio recording from Audacity
    and try performing the steps and check.

If you are referring to M-audio M-Track, please try downloading driver and firmware for the device and microphone form
    M-Track download Support check if it helps. If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to get in touch with
    M-track Support for further assistance.

Regard,

Manjunath_H, May 31, 2020
  3. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, May 31, 2020
  4. I'm having a strange audio issue

M-Audio Trigger Finger not recognized in Windows 10 64

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Which version of Windows is running on your device?
    3. Have you tried connecting it on a different computer to check the working?
    4. What is the complete model of the M-Audio Trigger finger?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running? to know
    about the version of Windows’s.

Since it is a class complaint driver, I suggest to try connecting to a different USB port. Then go to
    Device Manager, enable ‘Show hidden devices’. Check if the device shows up and try to update the driver for the same accordingly.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the M-AUDIO support.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 31, 2020
Thema:

I'm having a strange audio issue

1. I'm having a strange audio issue - Similar Threads - I'm having strange

2. I'm having a bunch of issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having a bunch of issues: Build List:ASROCK Taichi x570First cpu R9 3900xNew cpu R9 5900xCorsair Vengeance Pro 3600MHz 128gb 4x32Corsair 1000e psuCustom sleeve cablesCorsair Hydro xGTX 980 normally 6750xt, I'll explain down below.Literally everything is brand new except the mobomy first issue.I keep...
  3. I'm having a bunch of issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having a bunch of issues: Build List:ASROCK Taichi x570First cpu R9 3900xNew cpu R9 5900xCorsair Vengeance Pro 3600MHz 128gb 4x32Corsair 1000e psuCustom sleeve cablesCorsair Hydro xGTX 980 normally 6750xt, I'll explain down below.Literally everything is brand new except the mobomy first issue.I keep...
  4. I'm having issues with teredo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having issues with teredo: Okay so, I'm trying to join parties or invite friends to a party. I cant do either. I went onto xbox console companion and went to networks and it says I'm connect to the internet and xbox live services. But It says that teredo is unable to qualify and that server...
  5. Strange Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Audio Issues: For over 2 years, I had a G933 headset that worked great. It eventually started repeatedly updating the firmware until the pc no longer could connect to it. I went out and got another headset that ended up sounding very bad. Along with changing some settings in an attempt to...
  6. I'm having some issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm having some issues.: I'm unable to open the download tool for Windows 10. Could there be something keeping me from opening it? It hasn't let me update it since Windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-some-issues/ac0fe524-a75c-49fa-a333-efd329d60325
  7. Strange audio issues windows 10

Strange audio issues windows 10: For better audio quality I use a mixer program called Voicemeeter Banana. This has worked very well for me but strange issues have popped up only to go away and then show up again. I have tried uninstalling Voicemeeter and the issues still persist which tells me this is a...
  8. I'M HAVING SAME ISSUE...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'M HAVING SAME ISSUE...: DID YOU EVER FIND A SOLUTION/REPAIR FOR YOUR PROBLEM? I HAVE THE SAME ISSUES YOU EXPERIENCED & I ALSO HAVE THE SAME COMPUTER, OPERATING SYSTEM & VERSION OF WINDOWS 10 PRO. I AM ALSO NOW EXPERIENCING AN ISSUE WHEN I BOOT UP. IT ASKS ME IF I WANT TO RUN WINDOWS 8 OR WINDOWS...
  9. I'm having issues with mesenger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having issues with mesenger: It keeps telling me that I need to update it. And I've tried with no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/im-having-issues-with-mesenger/c6f8b1e7-ced6-45ee-bacd-7055207299f3
  10. Strange Audio issue. Help please.

Strange Audio issue. Help please.: So yesterday I encountered a problem, which is very low to no voice audio, but background audio I guess you would call it is fine. It was fine until about as I mentioned a day ago as of this posting. I am running the latest driver build for audio and I am on W10 Home CU...