Windows 10: I'm having an issue with the Microsoft Store, I can't get the dang thing to launch.

Discus and support I'm having an issue with the Microsoft Store, I can't get the dang thing to launch. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Long story short, a few weeks ago I was having an issue with my SSD, where Windows 10 was installed to, it was just going bad, so instead of doing a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Eighthook37, Jun 30, 2020.

1. I'm having an issue with the Microsoft Store, I can't get the dang thing to launch.

Long story short, a few weeks ago I was having an issue with my SSD, where Windows 10 was installed to, it was just going bad, so instead of doing a fresh install of windows on a new drive, I used a drive cloning program to clone my SSD to my 5 TB HDD. Everything has been working fine, albeit my boot time nearly doubled, but I didn't have any issues until today when I finally decided to open the Microsoft Store to download some games, and it just won't launch, it is not in "Apps and Features" at all, and the multiple commands I have tried in Powershell from the internet to reinstall the store or fix it haven't worked, it just pops up saying something like the file path isn't valid, and yes I made sure that the new drive has the same drive letter as the old one. I've also tried wsreset a couple of times, but it doesn't help. I'm hoping there is something I can do without doing a clean install of Windows. thanks for your help ahead of time

:)

Eighthook37, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Can't get microsoft store to launch

Hello Karen,

Broken components in the system file related to Microsoft Store can be one of the factors why this issue occurs. To better facilitate your concern, I'd like to verify the following:

• Which Windows build and version are you currently using? To check this, follow the steps provided on this
      link.
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error codes? If so, a screenshot of it is highly appreciated.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we'd recommend running the Windows Apps Troubleshooter to diagnose and repair any broken components that's causing this issue. To do this, download this troubleshooter on this
    link, locate the file in the download folder, right-click on it and select
    Run as administrator. Then, follow the on-screen prompts.

Note: After running the troubleshooter, re-launch Windows Store and check if the issue persists.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Zaki_j Win User

I'm having an issue with the Microsoft Store, I can't get the dang thing to launch.

Microsoft Store not launching

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you have issues with the Microsoft Store.

1. Did this issue started recently? If yes, then what are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?

Method 1:

I suggest you refer and follow the suggestions in the article about
    Microsoft Store doesn't launch and see if that helps.

Method 2:
    Try re-registering the Microsoft Store App using PowerShell command.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on
    Windows PowerShell (Admin)

2. Now type in the following command and hit
    Enter
    to re-register

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

3. Restart the PC.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you
    create a new user account and check if it
    helps.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

I'm having an issue with the Microsoft Store, I can't get the dang thing to launch.

1. I'm having an issue with the Microsoft Store, I can't get the dang thing to launch. - Similar Threads - I'm having issue

2. Can't launch or install microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch or install microsoft store: PS C:\Users\andy-> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor....
  3. Can't launch or install microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't launch or install microsoft store: PS C:\Users\andy-> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor....
  4. DANG!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DANG!!: Dude ,I went to the Minecraft site using fully updated windows 11 on surface laptop 4 and it will install but not work and it will tell me the Check Your Account error. I LITTERLY NEED HELP!!...
  5. DANG!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DANG!!: Dude ,I went to the Minecraft site using fully updated windows 11 on surface laptop 4 and it will install but not work and it will tell me the Check Your Account error. I LITTERLY NEED HELP!!...
  6. Can't download things on Microsoft Store or log in to get feedback

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download things on Microsoft Store or log in to get feedback: I'm trying to reinstall an app on the Microsoft store but it keeps saying that I'm not connected and giving me this code - 0x800704cf. I've tried reconnected to a separate network but it still showed the same thing. I've also tried using the wsreset command and switching the...
  7. I can't launch a game from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't launch a game from Microsoft store: I can launch a game I downloaded on the Microsoft store the tab deletes every time I try opening the app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-launch-a-game-from-microsoft-store/f59f94ba-c1a6-427c-9679-ea8c69b398eb
  8. I'm having trouble with Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm having trouble with Microsoft store: I am on PC and I am trying to play minecraft Bedrock with my friends on console. I bought bedrock and I have a Microsoft account and my PC is linked to it, but it won't let me install the game, and it doesn't say I even have the Microsoft Store app on my PC. My friend says I...
  9. I can't install things from the Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't install things from the Microsoft Store.: I'm trying to download Python 3.9 for a person project,and while it says I "own the app",all my attempts to install it have lead to,literally nothing. I can click install for as long as I feel like it,but nothing happens. I even attempted to be sneaky and circumvent that...
  10. Microsoft Store launch issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Store launch issue: Since I’ve bought my Surface laptop I haven’t been able to launch Microsoft Store. Can you help me with this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-launch-issue/9e6ba16a-1323-4ca6-aa4a-61a32e327e1c