Windows 10: I'm having audio problems after the recent update.

Discus and support I'm having audio problems after the recent update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Like the title says I'm having audio problems. I have deleted and reinstalled audio drivers and have gone through almost all troubleshooting steps. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/onesealboi, Mar 14, 2021.

1. I'm having audio problems after the recent update.

Like the title says I'm having audio problems. I have deleted and reinstalled audio drivers and have gone through almost all troubleshooting steps. I'm lost about what to do. Anyone else have problems after the recent update?

submitted by /u/onesealboi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/onesealboi, Mar 14, 2021

2. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 14, 2021
  4. I'm having audio problems after the recent update.

Audio problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you installed all the required pending updates?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue particular to Headphones or speakers also?
    The issue might occur due incompatible drivers or incorrect audio settings. We suggest you to follow the methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run built in Audio Device troubleshooter

Step 1: Press
    Windows Key
    then type troubleshoot and press
    Enter.

Step 2: Select
    on the left panel and run Playing Audio troubleshooter from the list and see if it works

Step 3: Click Advanced, ensure to check
    Apply repairs automatically and also select Run as administrator

Step 4: Click
    Next

Method 2: Try updating the driver and check if it helps

Step 1: Open run command by pressing
    Windows key + R and type devmgmt.msc and press
    Enter

Step 2: Spot and expand the
    Audio inputs and outputs

Step 3: Right click on the
    High Definition Audio Device
    and select Update Driver Software. Once this is done, restart the computer to check the problem fixed.

Check and install the latest driver from the device manufacturer website for Windows 10.

Fix sound problems

Link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

I'm having audio problems after the recent update.

1. I'm having audio problems after the recent update. - Similar Threads - I'm having audio

2. Problems after recent Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems after recent Update: An "Update" from a day or two ago required a restart which I did. But now I'm having problems launching standard applications Quicken, H&R Block which go into a "Not Responding" status after launch. When I look at my Update history it doesn't show the latest date of that...
  3. Problems after recent Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems after recent Update: An "Update" from a day or two ago required a restart which I did. But now I'm having problems launching standard applications Quicken, H&R Block which go into a "Not Responding" status after launch. When I look at my Update history it doesn't show the latest date of that...
  4. Problems after recent Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I'm having a problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm having a problem: I have multiple USB devices connected, my mouse, keyboard, a wireless USB thing for wifi, and an audio interface. The wifi USB and interface keep cutting out and I don't know what to do. can someone help me please? submitted by /u/krutchieeater466 [link] [comments]...
  6. I'm having problems with the new updates.

I'm having problems with the new updates.: So basically I'm not able to update my laptop. I'm having a problem with the following updates: 2020-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4574727) 2020-08 Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems...
  7. Speaker problems after recent update

Speaker problems after recent update: After last night when i shut my pc down for a windows update im having this issue with my speakers. I cant play sound out of my speakers. To be more specific its not even letting me use them to play sound. If i try to play a spotify song, spotify just tells me that the song...
  8. I'm having problems

I'm having problems: I'm going to sell my pc but it seems like the pc doesn't want to factory reset what can I do? submitted by /u/happerkapper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ff8gpw/im_having_problems/
  9. Audio Issues After Recent Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Issues After Recent Updates: So I am using my surface pro docking station to run my speaker on and several times each day the Audio goes silent. I have ran the troubleshooter, restarted the services several times and always still have to restart my unit. I have even tried uninstalling the driver and...
  10. I'm having a Audio problem, Is there a fix?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm having a Audio problem, Is there a fix?: I'm having a problem with my Audio, I have no idea what to do! Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-a-audio-problem-is-there-a-fix/26a06a7d-09a1-4c83-a88e-d84e2a4c70a9