Windows 10: I'm having audio problems with my headset- Muffled sound and microphone capturing PC sounds

Discus and support I'm having audio problems with my headset- Muffled sound and microphone capturing PC sounds in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A few days ago I bought a new headset (JBL Quantum100) and it works correctly in my notebook. But, when I use in my PC, output audio is muffled and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cruzess, Mar 28, 2021.

1. I'm having audio problems with my headset- Muffled sound and microphone capturing PC sounds

A few days ago I bought a new headset (JBL Quantum100) and it works correctly in my notebook. But, when I use in my PC, output audio is muffled and my microphone captures PC sounds (I've tested in Discord and microphone test sites). So I searched for solutions, but most of them involves Realtek Audio Drivers/Manager and I don't think I have this in my computer, seems like my sound device is called "High Definition Audio Device". I've tried to install different versions of Realtek, but no one works too. My first question is I need to/can install Realtek Audio Manager in my computer? My motherboard is a MW-H61H2-M2. There is another way to manage my audio computer? I tried to configure through "Sounds > Speakers" but no success. Anyone can help me with this?

Also, sorry for my bad english, this is not my native language.

submitted by /u/Cruzess
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cruzess, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Frosty_30 Win User

Headset microphone sounds muffled, quiet, and plays desktop audio through it.

I have a headset that works fine on another device, but for some reason on my desktop, no matter what port I use, all the audio from the desktop gets played through the microphone and the microphone is really quiet and muffled. The only way you can hear
    anything from the microphone is boosting the volume to the maximum allowed. I have tried reinstalling drivers, windows, disabling and configuring all sorts of options in the sound control panel and nothing fixes it, does anyone know how to solve this?

Frosty_30, Mar 28, 2021
  3. My headset microphone outputs static/very muffled sound

Have you tried using other headsets on your PC? If yes, are they working properly or do they have the same issues?

For now, we suggest that you perform the other troubleshooting steps provided on this

link
    such as turn off audio enhancements and try different audio formats.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Mar 28, 2021
  4. I'm having audio problems with my headset- Muffled sound and microphone capturing PC sounds

My headset microphone outputs static/very muffled sound

Hi Tom,

In order to help you resolve issues with the microphone on headset, we suggest the you run the built in troubleshooter in you PC. Here are the steps:

• In the Search Box, type Troubleshoot and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and select Recording Audio, and press Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

I'm having audio problems with my headset- Muffled sound and microphone capturing PC sounds

1. I'm having audio problems with my headset- Muffled sound and microphone capturing PC sounds - Similar Threads - I'm having audio

2. Are new headsets supposed to sound muffled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are new headsets supposed to sound muffled?: All of the new headsets I buy wired or wireless all sound muffled and unclear compared to my old cheaper one. Please help! The audio is unbalanced and I don't know what to do....
  3. Are new headsets supposed to sound muffled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are new headsets supposed to sound muffled?: All of the new headsets I buy wired or wireless all sound muffled and unclear compared to my old cheaper one. Please help! The audio is unbalanced and I don't know what to do....
  4. muffled sound on headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    muffled sound on headset: Since some days my headset sounds muffled. Mostly voices are muffled i can hear music just fine. If i don´t plug in the headset all the way, i can hear perfectly fine but then my mic doesn´t work. I have an other headset not as good where everything works perfectly fine. If...
  5. muffled sound on headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    muffled sound on headset: Since some days my headset sounds muffled. Mostly voices are muffled i can hear music just fine. If i don´t plug in the headset all the way, i can hear perfectly fine but then my mic doesn´t work. I have an other headset not as good where everything works perfectly fine. If...
  6. 3.5mm audio sounds muffled but usb audio sounds fine?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3.5mm audio sounds muffled but usb audio sounds fine?: I recently bought a Astro A40 TR headset 3.5mm Audio Jack to replace my HyperX Cloud II USB Audio headset. When I plug the 3.5mm jack in to any jack on my pc, be it my motherboard or my actual case it sounds muffled and muddy like it has too much bass. When I plug my USB...
  7. my microphone wont capture my sound

my microphone wont capture my sound: my external microphone in my earphones won't capture my sound. I tried different earphones but none would capture my sound. sometimes they show response on big sounds like clapping etc. updated all my drives, also tried uninstalling it, the mic recording graph won't show any...
  8. Headset microphone sounds muffled, quiet, and plays desktop audio through it.

Headset microphone sounds muffled, quiet, and plays desktop audio through it.: I have a headset that works fine on another device, but for some reason on my desktop, no matter what port I use, all the audio from the desktop gets played through the microphone and the microphone is really quiet and muffled. The only way you can hear anything from the...
  9. Muffled Sound

Muffled Sound: Hello, When I open more than one app the sound becomes muffled; for example, I'm listening to music and it sounds normal, but if I open a videogame the sound becomes muffled. The audio driver is Conexant SmartAudioHD Also, my headphones don't appear in the sound devices....
  10. Headset audio/sound works but microphone doesn't.

Headset audio/sound works but microphone doesn't.: Hi, I've been experiencing this problem for a week now, and it is very frustrating. When I go to the Windows 'Sounds' tab, then "Playback". It says that my headset (Logitech G231) is plugged in and working. Then when I go to the 'Recording' tab, it says: "Not plugged in"....