Windows 10: I'm having auto wake up from sleep mode problem with Windows10 after updating from Windows 7.

Discus and support I'm having auto wake up from sleep mode problem with Windows10 after updating from Windows 7. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is the event viewer; EventData TargetState4 EffectiveState5 WakeFromState4 ProgrammedWakeTimeAc2020-04-13T11:18:45.954533300Z... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PeterMcHugh1, Apr 13, 2020.

1. I'm having auto wake up from sleep mode problem with Windows10 after updating from Windows 7.

This is the event viewer;

EventData
    TargetState
    EffectiveState5
    WakeFromState4
    ProgrammedWakeTimeAc2020-04-13T11:18:45.954533300Z
    ProgrammedWakeTimeDc2020-04-13T11:18:45.954533300Z
    WakeRequesterTypeAc4
    WakeRequesterTypeDc4

:)

PeterMcHugh1, Apr 13, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

No internet when computer wakes from sleep mode

My Windows 7 fails similarly to yours. As far as I can tell, it's a nasty bug in the OS, because Vista and XP before it would do Sleep/Standby perfectly.

With mine, it can wake up from Sleep, even after Sleeping for a few seconds and the network connection will fail either immediately, or a few minutes later. The only way to restore it is to reboot the sodding computer - no amount of fiddling with the NIC would bring it back, not even a little bit. This problem is so bad, that I cannot use Sleep mode at all. I have all the latest BIOS updates and OS patches, too. I did find that after a recent reliability update from Microsoft, it was a bit better, but still not fixed.

This problem happens on all hardware that I install 7 on, too, so it's not just 7 not liking certain hardware.

I've tried the settings you've posted and will report how the machine behaves on waking from Sleep mode.

qubit, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 13, 2020
  4. WaytGibbs Win User

I'm having auto wake up from sleep mode problem with Windows10 after updating from Windows 7.

Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

This worked for me on a Lenovo Horizon2 27 all-in-one PC that was able to sleep manually but could not be wakened once sleeping after upgrading to Windows 10 Home.

I ran the powercfg /energy and examined the report as GoWMike describes. It showed no driver errors but suggested that there is a problem with the system's "High Performance" power setting that may prevent normal waking from manually induced sleep.

I used powercfg /list to show available modes, copied the GUID for Balanced mode, and then used this with the powercfg /activate command to change the plan.

I also used powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any

to get a list of device names for components capable of waking the system from sleep, and then I used

powercfg /deviceenablewake <devicename>

to make certain that the touchscreen and power button are armed to wake the machine.

After restarting, sleep and wake then functioned properly again.

WaytGibbs, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

I'm having auto wake up from sleep mode problem with Windows10 after updating from Windows 7.

1. I'm having auto wake up from sleep mode problem with Windows10 after updating from Windows 7. - Similar Threads - I'm having auto

2. Waking windows 7 from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Waking windows 7 from sleep mode: I had problems getting my windows 7 64 bit from waking in sleep mode. I tried all the recomended solutions. I finally decided to try and have windows 7 update my graphics card driver. Nvidia 730. That resolved the waking problem I had....
  3. Waking windows 7 from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Waking windows 7 from sleep mode: I had problems getting my windows 7 64 bit from waking in sleep mode. I tried all the recomended solutions. I finally decided to try and have windows 7 update my graphics card driver. Nvidia 730. That resolved the waking problem I had....
  4. Windows10 after waking it from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 after waking it from sleep mode: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KingFerdinand11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wsgiju/windows10_after_waking_it_from_sleep_mode/
  5. Wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up from sleep mode: I am using a Dell Precision M4800 and the most recent W10 updates. For some time I have been interested in using the 'sleep' mode but have not used it yet. The reason being that I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to 'wake' the machine up when I wish to work again....
  6. Auto-restart after wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-restart after wake up from sleep mode: My computer will 100% crash and restart after waking up from sleep mode. I have tried changing the PSU, set disk turnoff time to never and run sfc/ scannow. I am trying to access the minidump file, but there is none in the folder. Could anyone help me with this situation....
  7. Wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  8. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  9. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...
  10. Problem With Waking Up From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem With Waking Up From Sleep Mode: Hello all. I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 which runs Windows 10. It was working perfectly fine for 1 year, but over the last few days, when I put it in sleep mode and press a key/move my mouse it won't wake up. Normally (back when it worked), when it was in sleep mode and I...