Windows 10: Im having driver issues with mandatory windows 10 updates

Discus and support Im having driver issues with mandatory windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello community, I am a long time user of windows as an OS and enjoy it as many of you do. However, I have been growing increasingly frustrated with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ItsZuke, Feb 4, 2019.

1. ItsZuke Win User

Im having driver issues with mandatory windows 10 updates

Hello community,

I am a long time user of windows as an OS and enjoy it as many of you do. However, I have been growing increasingly frustrated with how Microsoft treats updates these days.

One of the first things I do when I set up a PC is disable auto updates, for the sake of convenience and time.

But every few months Microsoft rolls out an update that ignores my specific update perameters, and force shuts down my pc for said update.

Furthermore, these updates have been overriding my data and driver information. ( After every one of these mandatory updates I find that my NVIDIA display drivers completely removed, causing my display to flicker pink and look like clown vomit.

this also happens to my microphone software, causing me to need to reinstall said driver,

and most outragiously my desktop background was ovveridden to the default windows 10 background.)

I’ve tried modifying the registry to prevent these updates and it led to my data and filed becoming unrecoverable, so if anyone has any better suggestions for assistance I’m all ears.

:)

ItsZuke, Feb 4, 2019
  2. R-T-B Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Nothing is misleading about it. Updates (including drivers) ARE forced in 10, and ironically, Windows 7/8 are still supported for several years, making your post more misleading than the title.

R-T-B, Feb 4, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Im having driver issues with mandatory windows 10 updates

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

It seems and feels Windows 10 will be a tremendous success with mandatory, optional or even no updates... The average user does not care about this so much, and they are what!? 90% of their user base!?

Just my opinion based on what I have seen so far. *Roll Eyes Im having driver issues with mandatory windows 10 updates :rolleyes:

Will I upgrade/change to Windows 10? *Confused Im having driver issues with mandatory windows 10 updates :confused: If you know me, you know the answer.

Blue-Knight, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Im having driver issues with mandatory windows 10 updates

1. Im having driver issues with mandatory windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - having driver issues

2. FS2020 Mandatory Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    FS2020 Mandatory Update: Flight Sim 2020 Mandatory update screen when starting up but there is no update in Shop Does not allow the program to load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fs2020-mandatory-update/3f63cd4d-13c3-4a5b-a107-ab86cc3eb8a7
  3. FS2O20 Mandatory update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FS2O20 Mandatory update: I just installed this update and it changed how all the buttons work like altitude, vertical speed. You know have to scroll with the mouse wheel to change and cannot set the height/speed like before. I can adjust the altitude but not put the botton to set it as the new...
  4. Window 10 Mandatory Update FAILED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Mandatory Update FAILED: Microsoft pushed down a mandatory update due to my current version end of life. I pushed off the update as long as I could and then I was not given an option to extend the upgrade. I restarted my PC as indicated and came back hours later to see my PC booting and rebooting...
  5. Guys im having mic issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Guys im having mic issues: So I'm playing with my father on Minecraft Java, and we're talking through Xbox Party Chat because the PCs are in different parts of the house. My Razer mic that works for everything else is being extremely choppy and he can only hear me 1/10. Help? submitted by...
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates...: Anyone else having this issue? Not even getting to game launch screen. Task Manager indicates that MFS CPU usage is around 35% and power usage "Very High" I chatted to a Microsoft agent but they could only suggest that it is due to high demand on launch day....
  7. having a issue with a particular windows driver update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    having a issue with a particular windows driver update: hi all getting a error with a windows update driver update would like to clear the windows update cache is that possible to see if it will resolve the issue, as the update fails to install and when i hit retry it never comes back till days latter. can someone point me to a...
  8. having a issue with a particular windows driver update

in Windows 10 Support
    having a issue with a particular windows driver update: hi all getting a error with a windows update driver update would like to clear the windows update cache is that possible to see if it will resolve the issue, as the update fails to install and when i hit retry it never comes back till days latter. can someone point me to a...
  9. hi im having this issue with a program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hi im having this issue with a program: i asked some people out there and they said that maybe the dll is blocked but it does not seem like is blocked See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text **************...
  10. Im having Bluetooth issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Im having Bluetooth issues.: I bought an Asus PCE-AC58BT wireless adapter. I installed drivers for the device, and my WiFi works perfectly as it should but Im not getting anything for Bluetooth. No icon, no on and off, nothing is found in troubleshoot. Im at a loss as to why I cannot get my BT to work. I...