Windows 10: i´m having lots of spam

Discus and support i´m having lots of spam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; what can i do with the spam mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-lots-of-spam/bfd52ba0-30ff-45af-8396-8799df60c9bf" Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by joaquincastillo_947, Oct 20, 2019.

1. i´m having lots of spam

what can i do with the spam mail

:)

joaquincastillo_947, Oct 20, 2019
  2. pepanee Win User

Lots Of Daily Spam Emails

Yes, I do appreciate your feedback and help. You're helping suggest ways on blocking all that, which is Step 1; we gotta take the first step. But the way that I'm looking at it is why stay stuck in Step 1 instead of moving on to Step 2? Step 2 is having a response to all this. So Step 1 is to block the non-sense, then Step 2 is to take down the source, if you see what I mean. I wanna apply Step 2. Let's move forward in the whole process, yah? =)

Cool thanks Momma!

pepanee, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Spam Emails for pop3

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Which email address is configured in the Mail app?

If you have Outlook.com configured then you may refer to the suggestions provided by “Dhenz S” from this thread to check if that helps.

How to block spam emails in Outlook.com?

You need to look at the “View installed Updates” screen to see the list of recently installed updates.

Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Mystere Win User

i´m having lots of spam

Lots Of Daily Spam Emails

Once you're on the list, the only thing you can do to stop it is change your email address.

I have an old Hotmail email that I use very rarely, and never give out anymore. I've had this account for close to 20 years, and it *STILL* gets a ton of spam. Many years ago I used to sign up for stuff using various fake names so I could try to track where spam was coming from, and I *STILL* get spam with those names 10+ years later.

No, you can't just block the IP addresses. The IP's change regularly, and often these are hijacked servers that are used for a few days or weeks then they move on to the next hijacked server so that people can't block them.

Trust me.. 30 spam messages is not very many, I get over 2500 per day, and that's the stuff that makes it through the front-end filters. There have been particularly bad periods where I've received of 25,000 per day. Only changing your email and never giving it out to any mailing list, service, website, etc.. will protect you from spam, and even then random emails can still be sent if your email address is common enough.

Honestly, I wouldn't be that worried about those "hidden" messages, since 99.9% of spammers just don't care if an email address is good or not.. They don't even bother to remove duplicates.

Mystere, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

i´m having lots of spam

1. i´m having lots of spam - Similar Threads - i´m having lots

2. I have a lot of BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a lot of BSoD: Hello, i have a lot of problem with my new pc, i wish someone can help me. This is the last MEMORY.DMP file. I have a lot of BSoD, i donk know why. My pc crash often.******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  3. I have a lot of BSoD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a lot of BSoD: Hello, i have a lot of problem with my new pc, i wish someone can help me. This is the last MEMORY.DMP file. I have a lot of BSoD, i donk know why. My pc crash often.******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  4. I have trouble with M TO DO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have trouble with M TO DO: the right panel of desktop window is the place where the largest amount of data is located and which requires the most window space. But nevertheless, this area, the right panel (in the application on the desktop, web version) cannot be made wider! This is just crazy !!...
  5. I have this problem in a lot of programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have this problem in a lot of programs: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kyesito [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fh063j/i_have_this_problem_in_a_lot_of_programs/
  6. I have been lost in the bowels of M$

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have been lost in the bowels of M$: My account has been corrupted or stolen. I am not able to activate, do an in-place upgrade, use media creation tool or find out why none of these things work. India has been 'sorry for my problems' and eventually they hangup on me, without any solutions or suggestions. I...
  7. Suddenly receiving lots of strange SPAM

in Browsers and Email
    Suddenly receiving lots of strange SPAM: Hi guys, I'm hoping someone could help me as I'm tearing my hair out. Basically over the last few weeks I've started receiving spam email in my outlook/hotmail email. I access outlook via google chrome browser. I've hardly ever got spam and any that I did, I'd set a...
  8. Lots Of Daily Spam Emails

in Browsers and Email
    Lots Of Daily Spam Emails: Hello there, I have my primary email address that tends to get, on average, maybe 30 Junk emails daily that end up in the Junk folder. Sometimes the Junk emails tend to get through to my Inbox. So I have learned that if you load the email message "completely", it's...
  9. Having a lot of BSOD'S

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having a lot of BSOD'S: I have been having a lot of BSOD'S. One reads (UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION) and one reads (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT) and most recent one (CRITICAL PROCESS DIED). I have no idea what the problem could be, I've tested my hard drives, I've tested my RAM. No errors come back on them....
  10. Having a lot of BSOD'S

in Windows 10 Support
    Having a lot of BSOD'S: I have been having a lot of BSOD'S. One reads (UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION) and one reads (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT). I have no idea what the problem could be, I've tested my hard drives, I've tested my RAM. No errors come back on them. When the computer does BSOD, it says it will...