Windows 10: I'm having problems installing games from the MS store that require admin permission

Discus and support I'm having problems installing games from the MS store that require admin permission in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i was using gamepass to install new games like always and for some reason a week ago i coulndt update some of the games or install them again on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stormesp, Oct 3, 2020.

1. I'm having problems installing games from the MS store that require admin permission

So i was using gamepass to install new games like always and for some reason a week ago i coulndt update some of the games or install them again on the drive i usually use for the games, after some trial and error i found that i couldnt update or install games on that drive that require admin privlige for the installation, but i could install other games that dont require them, and those games that require admin privilige for the installation can be installed on other drives i have, so i can only assume that something changed the priviliges of the folders used by windows for those installations. What can i do to install games from the ms store again on that drive?

submitted by /u/stormesp
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stormesp, Oct 3, 2020
  2. LeonLaude Win User

unable to download games from app store

Hi,

I suggest that you reset the Windows store, follow the steps below.

Reset the Windows Store

You can use the steps below to refresh the Store which will clear the cache and refresh your library and permissions.

• Close the Windows Store app if you have it open.
    • Click Start and type wsreset.
    • Right-Click on the command and click Run as Administrator. If the Windows permission box appears, click Yes or Run.
    • A black MS DOS screen will appear for a few seconds. Wait for it to disappear and the Store will automatically open.
    • Attempt to install Sea of Thieves

If you have further questions, feel free to reply to this thread.

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Ramhound Win User
    Why do apps from the Microsoft store not require admin permission to install?

The group policy that defines this behavior only applies to legacy desktop applications.

This is only true if the process requires permissions the user does not already have. Even installing legacy desktop applications can be granted to a user within the User usergroup.

Universal Windows Programs (UWP) are sandboxed. The permission to install and remove these programs are handled by a different group policy.

The ability to launch Windows Store, install/remove UWP already installed on the system, is indeed its own permission seperate from your ability to install a legacy desktop WIN32 application.

Ramhound, Oct 3, 2020
  4. I'm having problems installing games from the MS store that require admin permission

MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

I'm having problems installing games from the MS store that require admin permission

1. I'm having problems installing games from the MS store that require admin permission - Similar Threads - I'm having problems

2. Admin and Permissions Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin and Permissions Problems: Hi, I am having some permission problems. I am the sole user of the computer and should be the sole admin. When I run into permission problems it seems as though the user has been duplicated, leaving one as the admin and the other as non-admin see image 1. Under user...
  3. Admin and Permissions Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin and Permissions Problems: Hi, I am having some permission problems. I am the sole user of the computer and should be the sole admin. When I run into permission problems it seems as though the user has been duplicated, leaving one as the admin and the other as non-admin see image 1. Under user...
  4. Problem installing games from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem installing games from Microsoft Store: Hi, I bought Age of Empires II Definitive Edition about two months ago, lost wifi connection during the last update, and was told to reinstall the game to fix the problem that had occurred. However, the game was just removed and now when I click install nothing happens, it...
  5. 3D Builder does not install from MS Store probably a problem with MS Store

3D Builder does not install from MS Store probably a problem with MS Store: Hello, I am trying until now unsuccessfully to install 3D Builder on my laptop running Windows 10 from Microsoft Store.In any case I am encountering some problems with Microsoft Store, because also other apps don't install at all, pratically I click on "Ottieni" Get I suppose...
  6. problem with installing apps from ms store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with installing apps from ms store.: hey , while i was downloading asphalt 9 from the ms store i had to cancel some updates of some apps, while i did so i have cancelled asphalt 9 also while it was installing i just cancelled it mistakely while it was in its quarterway. after that while i tried downloading the...
  7. Problem installing games from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem installing games from the Microsoft Store: Hi, I bought Age of Empires II Definitive Edition about half a year ago, I lost wifi conection during the last update and I was told to reinstall the game to fix the problem that ocurred. However, the game was just deleted and now when a click on install, nothing happens,...
  8. I'm an admin, but I don't have any permissions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm an admin, but I don't have any permissions.: Things on my computer have been really weird lately. It started with it not wanting to install programs because it couldn't get access to the file locations of where it wanted to install. Now, I can't even run .msi files or even basic .exe files without it telling me that I...
  9. Having problems downloading and installing games from Microsoft Store on PC

Having problems downloading and installing games from Microsoft Store on PC: Hi! Trying to install/update some games in microsoft store, but maybe after 1 or 2 gb of downloading it says "failed" i dont know whats the problem ive been trying to search for it all over internet but i cant find anything, its quite annoying because i have quite bad...
  10. Having problem with game installation on Microsoft Store

Having problem with game installation on Microsoft Store: I got the Xbox pass that allows me to gain access to 100+ games ..the thing is when my download gets to 90% error pops up(When I retry it gets resumed. It gets slowly back to 90% after that there is an installing message. Installing message disappears after few seconds...