Windows 10: I'm having problems installing the media feature pack for Oct 2020

Discus and support I'm having problems installing the media feature pack for Oct 2020 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I keep trying to find a way to download the media feature pack for October 2020 and it wont show up in the optional features in the apps section of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnnaYoungstrom, Feb 20, 2021.

1. I'm having problems installing the media feature pack for Oct 2020

I keep trying to find a way to download the media feature pack for October 2020 and it wont show up in the optional features in the apps section of settings. Anytime I look it up then it won't show up however when I found this:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ppearing/aef47f92-2563-48cf-b1aa-7a2d4f23f146

I did the steps it told me to do, I found the folders and did all the checking and unchecking it said and it didn't work, please help.

:)

AnnaYoungstrom, Feb 20, 2021
  2. procras Win User

Problem with Media Feature Pack.

When I follow these steps Media Features are not listed, despite having downloaded and installed the Windows Media Feature Pack! Please help! Can't install GTA: V! Aaaargh!

procras, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Problem with Media Feature Pack.

I seem to be running into similair issues. After the update, features reliant on the Media Pack stopped functioning correctly, so I reinstalled the pack, which did not have any effect. After following your steps, I noticed that the Media Feature Pack was
    not even listed as a feature on my PC. Further help would be highly appreciated!

(Windows 10 Pro N 64-Bit)

Pure Drive GT, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Cr00zng Win User

I'm having problems installing the media feature pack for Oct 2020

Installing Windows Media Feature Pack...

OS: Windows 10 Pro N, 64-bit, version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685)

The Windows Media Feature Pack includes Windows Media Player (WMP) as an optional app, since Windows 10 version 2004 I believe. As such, installing the semi-annual updates removes the previous version of WMP and the updated version is not installed by default.

Installing WMP seems simple enough, via "Settings\Apps and Features\Optional features\Add a feature", except when it is not. After trying to add Media Feature Pack feature, it display a blank list:

I'm having problems installing the media feature pack for Oct 2020 [​IMG]

The image above should have a list of available apps in alphabetical order, but it's blank. Searching for the apps in the empty list obviously results in nothing found.

The system in question has local accounts only, no MS account, has internet access and receives MS and other software updates without any issues.

Does anyone have an idea as to why the optional feature list is empty? I am lost for the reason...

TIA...

Cr00zng, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

I'm having problems installing the media feature pack for Oct 2020

1. I'm having problems installing the media feature pack for Oct 2020 - Similar Threads - I'm having problems

2. Installing Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Media Feature Pack: Hi, I have some issues when installing Media Feature Pack.I am following these guides -...
  3. Installing Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Media Feature Pack: Hi, I have some issues when installing Media Feature Pack.I am following these guides -...
  4. Cannot install Media Feature pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Media Feature pack: I have to install media feature pack in order to use the camera but it says the update is not applicable to my computer. I have Windows 10 Pro N https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-media-feature-pack/289bb7d4-0b9b-4e95-aa8d-b181c64aac0c
  5. installing media feature pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    installing media feature pack: installing media feature pack from settings, takes too long , windows version 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-media-feature-pack/4239934f-55d1-4184-b557-9e11846f4570
  6. How to Install Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Install Media Feature Pack: I was trying to download PS4 Remote Play on a laptop, then an error occurred [ATTACH] I tried going to Settings>Apps>Apps and Features>Optional Feature>Add Feature then Installing Media Feature Pack but the problem is there is no Media Feature Pack in the list. [ATTACH]...
  7. Media Feature Pack - version 2004 June 2020

Media Feature Pack - version 2004 June 2020: Media Feature Pack - version 2004 June 2020 Kindly adding the facilities in official portal & confirm. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-feature-pack-version-2004-june-2020/48a98711-3ddb-469a-a4ce-57030465fdd2
  8. Media Feature Pack - version 2004 June 2020

Media Feature Pack - version 2004 June 2020: Hello there . Thank you for new update , My Windows is 10 pro N version 2004 - 6/11/2020 and OS build 19041.329 , also Windows system about show it as Experience pack 120,2202.1300 . My Media player needs a new installation so I refer to Address as :...
  9. Cannot Install Media Feature Pack.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Install Media Feature Pack.: Currently I cannot install the Media Feature pack. Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 SO 18362.449 When I try to install the Pack it returns the following error: "The update is no aplicable to your computer"...
  10. Media Feature Pack won't install

in Windows 10 Support
    Media Feature Pack won't install: Hi, I have just installed a clean copy of 10 Enterprise LTSB N edition x64. My source ISO is the latest available from MSDN. I am trying to install the Media Feature Pack because a few applications need it, but the installer seems hung. The installer version is the latest,...