Windows 10: I'm having problems with Windows 10 on my laptop

Discus and support I'm having problems with Windows 10 on my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having problems with Windows 10 on my laptop. I have a pretty new laptop, anHP ZBook laptop. It's running great, but whenever I turn it on and do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BellKenny, Oct 29, 2020.

1. BellKenny Win User

I'm having problems with Windows 10 on my laptop

I'm having problems with Windows 10 on my laptop. I have a pretty new laptop, anHP ZBook laptop. It's running great, but whenever I turn it on and do something like click on a link or go to a web page, it freezes up. When I try to click OK or something else on the desktop, the computer won't open up, so I can't even get to my desktop. It's really frustrating.

There are a few things that could be causing this problem with Windows. The most likely culprit is that my computer has a corrupt registry. It seems like the registry is getting worse as time goes by. What can you advise to solve this problem? Can I still get my computer repaired?

Regards

Kenny Bell

from magazine editor **** bench

:)

BellKenny, Oct 29, 2020

2. I"m having a problem with the keyboard in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

1. I'm having problems with Windows 10 on my laptop - Similar Threads - I'm having problems

2. I'm having a problem with Windows update. I'm still with Windows 10 although my PC is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having a problem with Windows update. I'm still with Windows 10 although my PC is...: I get into Windows Update in 'Settings' and see thisYour device is missing important security and quality fixes. in RED! I click on 'Check for Updates' and after 10 seconds despite the stream of dots from which I infer something is happening the same message is displayed. I...
  3. I'm having a problem with Windows update. I'm still with Windows 10 although my PC is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm having a problem with Windows update. I'm still with Windows 10 although my PC is...: I get into Windows Update in 'Settings' and see thisYour device is missing important security and quality fixes. in RED! I click on 'Check for Updates' and after 10 seconds despite the stream of dots from which I infer something is happening the same message is displayed. I...
  4. I'm having problems with my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm having problems with my laptop: My laptop is full of harmful viruses so I wanted it to be new like I first got it. So I formated it and After it was done I saw that every file and apps were still not deleted and my screen was white. Can you please help me format my pc so that all the error and viruses and...
  5. I'm having problems using Norton on my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having problems using Norton on my Windows 10: I have Norton installed on my Windows 10 PC; however, it has slowed down my PC. Norton support checked the settings and said it was properly installed and running properly. Please let me know what to remove to make Norton run correctly....
  6. I'm having problems using Norton on my Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm having problems using Norton on my Windows 10: I have Norton installed on my Windows 10 PC; however, it has slowed down my PC. Norton support checked the settings and said it was properly installed and running properly. Please let me know what to remove to make Norton run correctly....
  7. I'm having problems using Norton on my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I'm having a problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm having a problem: I have multiple USB devices connected, my mouse, keyboard, a wireless USB thing for wifi, and an audio interface. The wifi USB and interface keep cutting out and I don't know what to do. can someone help me please? submitted by /u/krutchieeater466 [link] [comments]...
  9. I'm having problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm having problems: I'm going to sell my pc but it seems like the pc doesn't want to factory reset what can I do? submitted by /u/happerkapper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ff8gpw/im_having_problems/
  10. I'm having an odd problem with windows 10 home on my new laptop with copying

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm having an odd problem with windows 10 home on my new laptop with copying: whenever I copy a link I get C:\Users\brend\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-07-26--14-13-50_.dmp and I can't seem to cut or copy files from one folder to another I have to drag and drop for it...