Windows 10: I'm having severe issues with DPC latency issues. Problem may be power and internet...

Discus and support I'm having severe issues with DPC latency issues. Problem may be power and internet... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I haven't been here in a millennium. About my issue, I have tried doing research to tackle this audio lagginess, aka DPC latency. This issue has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Parker Young, Jan 10, 2019.

1. I'm having severe issues with DPC latency issues. Problem may be power and internet...

Hi, I haven't been here in a millennium. About my issue, I have tried doing research to tackle this audio lagginess, aka DPC latency.

This issue has been a problem for months now. I think I figured out the triggers of it, but can't find a true solution.

I have tried using LatencyMon lots of times and the DPC spikes are just popping to the max. It's even worse when I'm watching any videos on my computer, either from YouTube or local- the DPC issues cause the audio to be out of sync from the video. I seriously can't stand this anymore. I do a lot of A/V post-production work on this laptop and the popping and off-sync audio is just the one of the worst issues I ever had to deal with when using computers.

I have figured out that when I am using WiFi or no internet at all, the DPC issues spike up. But when I use Ethernet instead, the DPC issues are none to low compared to when using WiFi. While doing DPC tests, I found out that some of the culprits that are spiking to the max are ACPI.sys and Wdf01000.sys, others too. But ACPI and Wdf are just killing it. I tried looking everywhere for a solution, but no luck. Hopefully there may be hope here, otherwise I may have to perform a recovery on my laptop, or just get rid of it which I rather not do. Thank you.

Specs:

HP OMEN 17-w200 CTO

Windows 10 x64 v1803 (Build 17134.523)

Intel Core i7-7700HQ

16 GB RAM

500 GB SSD (Primary)

2 TB HDD (Secondary)

:)

Parker Young, Jan 10, 2019

2. DPC Issue In Balanced Power Mode

Hi!

For quite some time now I have been having some issues with my sound in Windows 10 desktop. After narrowing down the possibilities using drivers and installing various Hardware. I have come to the conclusion that it is a DPC issue. using DPC latency checker
    I've seen it Spike several times in regions where it's not supposed to. The only time that this does not is when power saver mode is enabled. I would prefer to keep balanced on.

In conclusion is it possible for me to determine the DPC issue in balanced mode and high power mode but is not present in power saver?

***Edited Original Title From: What is the difference between balanced and power saving mode in Windows 10***

CoreyTurner1, Jan 10, 2019
  3. DPC Latency High

Hi,

Check these:

Solving DPC Latency Issues - Download Latency Monitor and DPC Latency Checker

Solving DPC Latency Issues | Sweetwater

DPC Latency Checker

Troubleshoot Driver Problems Using DPC Latency Checker - Windows Tutorials

DPC Latency Checker - Download

DPC Latency Checker

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Waffles Win User

I'm having severe issues with DPC latency issues. Problem may be power and internet...

DPC Latency issues caused by storport.sys

I have been having an issue with DPC latency. I have spent hours trying to figure out how to fix it, but I have failed to find a solution.

To begin, I first noticed this issue after I cloned my Samsung SSD to my new Samsung 960 evo m.2 drive. After playing some games like battlegrounds, dark souls, and final fantasy, I noticed that each one of them would microstutter every 30 minutes or so with a buzzing noise. They last for only about a second, and then the game continues like nothing happened. I did some research and found out about DPC latency, so I downloaded LatencyMon and dpclat. I then played a game with both of them running in the background until one of these audio/video stutters occurred. As soon as it happened, I alt+tabbed to my desktop and brought the two programs into view. dpclat showed all green bars and then one massive red one followed by all small green bars again. LatencyMon just simply showed storport.sys as having the highest reported DPC routine execution time.

I am completely baffled. I uninstalled and updated all of my drivers (BIOS, audio, Internet/LAN from the ASUS website), uninstalled the 960 evo NVMe drivers to see if Windows NVM drivers fixed the issue (they didn’t), installed the latest samsung 2.2 nvme drivers again, disabled all of my overclocks, ran memtest and chkdsk, ran HD tune, used defraggler to optimize my m.2 and SSD, defragged my HDDs, updated my chipset, updated my GPU, disabled almost everything in Device Manager, turned off every service that wasn’t made by Windows, stopped every process that wasn’t made by Windows, ran sfc /scannow and successfully repaired corrupt files, installed (and then uninstalled after use) malwarebytes, adwcleaner, msert, and avira, used CCleaner to clean and repair registry, and others that I cannot think of at the moment. The issue still persists after all of this. It seems like the only resort would be to do a complete clean install of Windows, but I have tweaked with too many settings to optimize this PC and it would take days to get everything back to where I had it. I am hoping someone can help me, as this problem started after I cloned my 940 pro to my 960evo (the 940 pro was previously my C drive with Windows installed, but now it is the 960 evo m.2 running the OS).

Also, I don’t know if it helps, but after cloning my SSD to my m.2 Windows said it needed to be activated, so I activated it with KMS since my previous Windows 7 key wouldn’t work for some reason (I used my Windows 7 key to get a free copy of Windows 8, and then Windows 8 automatically updated to Windows 10). And I feel like this should be obvious, but running the samsung magician benchmarking tool for my m.2 shows a very high DPC latency spike for storport.sys, as does running HD tune, but I think this is just because of the heavy load the m.2 is under when using those tools. As of now, I turned my RAM and CPU overclocks back to where I had them previously before I cloned my SSD to my m.2 since they shouldn’t be the issue since I never had this program until I cloned my drive (I used samsung's migration tool to accomplish this).

Here is a quick summary of my specs (full speccy txt file and DPC checker results attached separately):

• Spec Summary:
      [W10ProV1703b15063 x64]
    • Operating System:
      Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    • CPU:
      AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 54 °C
    • Summit Ridge 14nm Technology
    • RAM:
      16.0 GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1529 MHz (16-18-18-36)
    • Motherboard:
      ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME X370-PRO (AM4) 33 °C
    • Graphics:
      • BenQ XL2730Z (2560x1440@144Hz)
      • 8176MB ATI Radeon RX Vega (ATI) 33 °C
    • Storage:
      • 238 GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series (SSD) 29 °C
      • 931 GB Seagate ST1000DX002-2DV162 (SATA) 31 °C
      • 931 GB Seagate ST1000DM003-9YN162 (SATA) 29 °C
      • 232 GB Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250 GB (Unknown)
      • 1862GB Western Digital WD Elements 25A1 USB Device (SSD) 29 °C
    • Optical Drives:
      • ATAPI iHBS112 2
      • ATAPI iHAS324 B
      • ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
    • Audio:
      Realtek High Definition Audio
    • Computer type: Desktop
    • PSU is the EVGA Supernova 850 P2 (80 Plus Platinum), and my RAM is in dual channel slots 1 and 3.

Speccy: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8snXLdwm3VhaDV3RTlRZUEzU2c

I'm having severe issues with DPC latency issues. Problem may be power and internet... QVvhG.png

I'm having severe issues with DPC latency issues. Problem may be power and internet... k2k8c.png

I'm having severe issues with DPC latency issues. Problem may be power and internet... Qzs2I.png

Link to (the above) screenshots, DPC Latency, and trace files: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dw80_fDvon_9rQiErGz0yIU1MVMyvit9RAABHzzXMOU/edit?usp=sharing

Waffles, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

I'm having severe issues with DPC latency issues. Problem may be power and internet...

1. I'm having severe issues with DPC latency issues. Problem may be power and internet... - Similar Threads - I'm having severe

2. DPC And General Latency Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC And General Latency Issues: Hey all, i've started having latency and stuttering problems about a month ago august 2023 and ever since i've tried so many different fixes online including bios update, disabling and re-enabling devices in device manager, downloading new drivers for audio and wifi and a...
  3. DPC And General Latency Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC And General Latency Issues: Hey all, i've started having latency and stuttering problems about a month ago august 2023 and ever since i've tried so many different fixes online including bios update, disabling and re-enabling devices in device manager, downloading new drivers for audio and wifi and a...
  4. I'm having latency problems on W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having latency problems on W10: So I've downgraded to windows 10 from 11 because I don't have TPM2.0.and I'm having low fps on games ,latency problems on OS and stuff. For example valorant keep freezing then crashes . DO NOT ASK NONSENSE STUFF LIKE " Are you sure your cpu is working well?" "Did you made a...
  5. I'm having latency problems on W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having latency problems on W10: So I've downgraded to windows 10 from 11 because I don't have TPM2.0.and I'm having low fps on games ,latency problems on OS and stuff. For example valorant keep freezing then crashes . DO NOT ASK NONSENSE STUFF LIKE " Are you sure your cpu is working well?" "Did you made a...
  6. I'm having latency problems on W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues: Hi, I seem to get Audio Crackling and Popping issues, after searching the web for a bit I noticed that this issue is generally tied to DPC Latency so I used LatencyMon to recorded for around 2 hours (stats below). In my case it doesn't seem to happen immediately after...
  8. DPC Latency problems

DPC Latency problems: Hi, over the last few days out of the blue I started to hear weird crackling and popping noises during video and audio playback, I tried to investigate and check to see what the problem was myself, I stumbled upon LatencyMon that test DPC Latency, seems that my problem is due...
  9. Audio/DPC latency and performance issues

Audio/DPC latency and performance issues: for the past couple of weeks i've been getting weird almost crackling noises on my laptop and i assumed the speakers were going until they persisted with headphones as well. Here's my LatencyMon...
  10. DPC Latency Issues? APCI Driver for NT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC Latency Issues? APCI Driver for NT: Hello, I'm working on trouble shooting an audio interface on my laptop. .OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer HP System Model OMEN by HP Laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printing issues latency win 10

2. 8176mb ati radeon rx vega (unknown)