Windows 10: I'm having trouble creating a password reset disk

Discus and support I'm having trouble creating a password reset disk in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm using the search function in the taskbar. I type in "Create password reset disk." Then I click on the only option (which is correct) but nothing... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Nisko, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

I'm having trouble creating a password reset disk

I'm using the search function in the taskbar. I type in "Create password reset disk." Then I click on the only option (which is correct) but nothing happens.

1. What could be wrong?

2. Is there another way to create this disk?

Thank you......

:)

Nisko, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Nisko Win User

I'm using the search function in the taskbar. I type in "Create password reset disk." Then I click on the only option (which is correct) but nothing happens.

1. What could be wrong?

2. Is there another way to create this disk?

Thank you......

Nisko, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Nisko,

A Password reset disk only applies to a local user account not an MSAccount-linked user account.
    - Searching allows non-local user accounts to find the PRD creation wizard. This is a bug. I don't know if anyone has told MS.
    - The PRD creation wizard appears, for local user accounts only, at Control panel, User accounts, User accounts [again, if nec]
    - The PRD creation wizard works for local user accounts only
    - The PRD, for local user accounts only, is not entirely useless. It is an expensive method of emulating a piece of paper with the password written on it.

I'm having trouble creating a password reset disk [​IMG]

Your other problems should be resolved by these tutorials
    Add Local Account or Microsoft Account - TenForumsTutorials
    Change Account Type - TenForumsTutorials
    But, if not, please would you restate the remaining issues because it's all got a bit murky for me.

Denis

Try3, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. I'm having trouble creating a password reset disk - Similar Threads - I'm having trouble

2. create password reset disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create password reset disk: Hi,I wanted to get a password reset disk and i already plugged my key and everything works fine except when i open the forgotten password wizard it asks me for my password but the thing is since i'm on windows 11 i have a pin and facial recognition but i don't have a password...
  3. create password reset disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create password reset disk: Hi,I wanted to get a password reset disk and i already plugged my key and everything works fine except when i open the forgotten password wizard it asks me for my password but the thing is since i'm on windows 11 i have a pin and facial recognition but i don't have a password...
  4. How to reset password If you have NOT created a password reset disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset password If you have NOT created a password reset disk: Dear Microsoft,A few weeks before, when I logged into my laptop, the method which I use to log in which is the PIN code method had suddenly disappeared. I then tried logging in via my other log in methods but I forgot the password.I am now stuck with 90GB of data less, which...
  5. How to reset password If you have NOT created a password reset disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset password If you have NOT created a password reset disk: Dear Microsoft,A few weeks before, when I logged into my laptop, the method which I use to log in which is the PIN code method had suddenly disappeared. I then tried logging in via my other log in methods but I forgot the password.I am now stuck with 90GB of data less, which...
  6. create a password reset disk is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a password reset disk is not working: When I try to open create password reset disk . It show nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-password-reset-disk-is-not-working/5af9bf9f-0d0c-4482-83b1-6c6fad21a781
  7. I'm having trouble creating a password reset disk

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm having trouble creating a password reset disk: I'm using the search function in the taskbar. I type in "Create password reset disk." Then I click on the only option (which is correct) but nothing happens. 1. What could be wrong? 2. Is there another way to create this disk? Thank you...... 160139
  8. Create a password reset disk.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Create a password reset disk.: Hello, I need help to create a Password reset disk. I have a USB Flash Drive. Would someone please give me the steps to do this? Thanks, A.W. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-password-reset-disk/32e5bdf5-48bc-4529-a088-6539ddee73ed
  9. create a password reset disk

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    create a password reset disk: How do you create a password reset disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-password-reset-disk/14c2a1e2-262c-4712-8e0a-c48c5a2aa811
  10. create password reset disk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    create password reset disk: How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-password-reset-disk/098afeed-b983-4819-b205-cc7dfd4cb75d"