Windows 10: I'm having trouble downloading a game I had before on the Microsoft Store (Code: 0x80073CF9)

Discus and support I'm having trouble downloading a game I had before on the Microsoft Store (Code: 0x80073CF9) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to download a game I had before (Streets of Rage 4). I uninstalled it because it wasn't launching correctly. My intent was to redownload it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/adbdragonmaster1, Feb 17, 2021.

1. I'm having trouble downloading a game I had before on the Microsoft Store (Code: 0x80073CF9)

I'm trying to download a game I had before (Streets of Rage 4). I uninstalled it because it wasn't launching correctly. My intent was to redownload it right away since it's a smaller game.

When I start the download the speed goes slowly goes down for about 5 seconds before it says "error" with Code: 0x80073CF9. I really don't know how to fix this and I have a feeling it's only with games I've had before because I downloaded Among Us and it worked fine.

submitted by /u/adbdragonmaster1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/adbdragonmaster1, Feb 17, 2021

2. Unable to Download Game from Microsoft Store Using Xbox Game Pass Error Code: 0x80073CF9

Hi all,

I am currently on a BootCamp Windows 10 1909 and I'm having issues where I cannot download No Man's Sky from the Microsoft Store using Xbox Game Pass.

However, it appears that it is only when downloading No Man's Sky that I receive the error message. I'm able to download FH4, Gears 5, Subnautica etc. with no issues at all using my Xbox Game Pass.

The error code: 0x80073CF9 only appears every time I attempt to download No Man's Sky from both the Xbox App and the Microsoft Store.

Andrew & Gina, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Error Code 0x80073CF9 Windows Store Game Apps

Original Title: Windows Store Game Apps

I have tried everything suggested in previous questions such as windowreset,
    AUInstaller Folder. I need help to fix this error its annoying and shouldn't be such a problem for a game app.
    ErrorCode0x80073CF9. A actual
    FIX
    would be much appreciated.

JnoahRayford, Feb 17, 2021
  4. rassilon Win User

I'm having trouble downloading a game I had before on the Microsoft Store (Code: 0x80073CF9)

Error code 0x80073CF9 when installing apps from the Windows Store

I'm receiving the following error when trying to install apps from the Windows Store on Windows 10. It doesn't occur with every program, which makes it extremely frustrating to debug. The Event Viewer is no help, as it provides the same cryptic messages:

• Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070490: Gears of War 4.
    • Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073CF9: Gears of War 4.
    • Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073CF9: Carcassonne.
    • Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070490: Candy Crush Saga.
    • Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073CF9: Candy Crush Saga.

I've Googled this error and searched TenForums but found nothing to help. SFC /SCANNOW reports no errors, re-registering the Windows Store app does nothing, disabling BitDefender does nothing. Is any real help available, or do I have to file a scam report with PayPal since Microsoft is incapable of managing a simple software download?

rassilon, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

I'm having trouble downloading a game I had before on the Microsoft Store (Code: 0x80073CF9)

1. I'm having trouble downloading a game I had before on the Microsoft Store (Code: 0x80073CF9) - Similar Threads - I'm having trouble

2. I'm having trouble with Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm having trouble with Microsoft store: I am on PC and I am trying to play minecraft Bedrock with my friends on console. I bought bedrock and I have a Microsoft account and my PC is linked to it, but it won't let me install the game, and it doesn't say I even have the Microsoft Store app on my PC. My friend says I...
  3. Windows Store Code : 0x80073CF9

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Code : 0x80073CF9: Hello, I keep getting this error code whenever I try to update or download an app. The download start, but after a few moment, the error 0x80073CF9 appears I tried to reset Windows store with wsreset.exe, reinstall Windows Store, repair Windows 10 but nothing worked....
  4. Microsoft Store error code: 0x80073CF9

Microsoft Store error code: 0x80073CF9: Recently I've formatted my HDD drive which was used only for games and storage. I didn't format my system SSD drive. Now I can't install any game that was installed on HDD drive before format. Every other game is downloading and instaling just fine. Things I've tried:...
  5. Unable to Download Game from Microsoft Store Using Xbox Game Pass Error Code: 0x80073CF9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Download Game from Microsoft Store Using Xbox Game Pass Error Code: 0x80073CF9: Hi all, I am currently on a BootCamp Windows 10 1909 and I'm having issues where I cannot download No Man's Sky from the Microsoft Store using Xbox Game Pass. However, it appears that it is only when downloading No Man's Sky that I receive the error message. I'm able to...
  6. Microsoft Store error code: 0x80073CF9

Microsoft Store error code: 0x80073CF9: Recently I've formatted my HDD drive which was used only for games and storage. I didn't format my system SSD drive. Now I can't install any game that was installed on this drive before. Every other game is downloading and instaling just fine. Things I've tried: creating...
  7. Error code while downloading Updates and Games from Microsoft Store 0x80073CF9

Error code while downloading Updates and Games from Microsoft Store 0x80073CF9: Since some time now I have the problem that I cannot download anything from the Microsoft Store, I get the following Error: An unexpected error occured, I could either close or ask for help. 0x80073CF9 I tried to fix this problem with different tips of the internet, via...
  8. Trouble Downloading Games on Microsoft Store

Trouble Downloading Games on Microsoft Store: So I’m trying to download the new Ori and the Will of the Wisps game. I live in a rural area and my internet is trash. I used my phone’s hotspot to download about 8GBs of the 15GBs of the game but then my data ran out. My problem is that now I can’t get the download to...
  9. 0x80073cf9 Microsoft Store error code.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80073cf9 Microsoft Store error code.: So. All I want to do is download some games off the store. And so, just before the new year, everything was working and I could. Now, the **** broken store just gives me 0x80073CF9 on every game I download. Yes, I've tried all your copy-pasted fixes. None worked....
  10. Unable to download game from Microsoft Store (Forza 4) Code: 0x80073CF9

Unable to download game from Microsoft Store (Forza 4) Code: 0x80073CF9: Download starts for 5-10 seconds and then fails and gives the error Code: 0x80073CF9 Have done all the wsreset, restart, relogging, powershell commands that I can find, nothing makes any difference. Other basic store apps work fine. Installing a different drive than the C...
Tags: