Windows 10: I'm having trouble installing software and get a registry key error.

Discus and support I'm having trouble installing software and get a registry key error. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When installing a piece of software, I get this error: Error creating registry key: HKey_Current_USER\SOFTWARE\Mircosoft\Win.... RegCreateKeyEx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NeuWonder, Sep 26, 2020.

1. NeuWonder Win User

I'm having trouble installing software and get a registry key error.

When installing a piece of software, I get this error:

Error creating registry key: HKey_Current_USER\SOFTWARE\Mircosoft\Win....

RegCreateKeyEx failed; code 1021.

Cannot create a stable subkey under a volatile parent key.

What should I do to help resolve my situation? If you can provide step by step help, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

:)

NeuWonder, Sep 26, 2020

2. Error Removing Registry Key?

If it is not causing you any issues i would suggest for you you not alter the Registry.

Altering the Registry in any form of way may cause your Operating System to stop responding and or functioning.

Frank N St31n, Sep 26, 2020
  3. LEOZ19YZ Win User
    Error Removing Registry Key?

I'm trying to remove registry key that was added during installation of a software under
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\009\Counter now I'm trying to reset the counter however my research up till now is;

1. Registry key restore using backup results in error "some keys are open by system or processes"
    2. Also tried PSEXEC but getting same error
    Lastly I ran into unlodctr but I'm unsure how to use it, so can any one explain registry can be restore using unlodctr? I have registry key value added by software and backup of the key prior to installation.

Thanks!

LEOZ19YZ, Sep 26, 2020
  4. asyntax Win User

ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

1. I'm having trouble installing software and get a registry key error. - Similar Threads - I'm having trouble

2. Having trouble with Install error - 0x800f0900.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble with Install error - 0x800f0900.: I have been trying to download and install the following update since I built by PC back in November.2024-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034123But the following error keeps popping up,Install error - 0x800f0900This same error pops up...
  3. Having trouble with Install error - 0x800f0900.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble with Install error - 0x800f0900.: I have been trying to download and install the following update since I built by PC back in November.2024-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034123But the following error keeps popping up,Install error - 0x800f0900This same error pops up...
  4. I'm having getting error 0x00007b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having getting error 0x00007b: I keep getting "The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000007b. Click OK to close the application" whenever I try to open the app is there a way to fix this?...
  5. I'm having getting error 0x00007b

I'm having getting error 0x00007b: I keep getting "The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000007b. Click OK to close the application" whenever I try to open the app is there a way to fix this?...
  6. I'm having getting error 0x00007b

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I'm having trouble installing to a new ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm having trouble installing to a new ssd: As the title says I've been trying to install to a new ssd that I got. I'm using the windows 10 media installation and I can't get past any sort of boot process for it. I have tried changing my settings in my bios to boot from UEFI but it's just getting stuck at the Asus...
  8. I'm having some trouble with errors. Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm having some trouble with errors. Help?: So yesterday my computer crashed. After I rebooted, it wouldn't let me into Firefox, throwing me into an error. I posted in /r/techsupport and the user recommended reinstalling Windows if I couldn't fix my problem. I tried to do that today and it threw me into an error that...
  9. I'm having trouble getting an external webcam to work

I'm having trouble getting an external webcam to work: Trying to connect an external webcam but computer isn't recognising it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-trouble-getting-an-external-webcam-to/8e3f3436-af94-43ab-a7a5-2859b984d4d7
  10. I'm Having Trouble...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm Having Trouble...: Installing this update... Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3097617) - Error 0x80004005 Thanks in advance! 26335