Windows 10: I'm having trouble installing to a new ssd

Discus and support I'm having trouble installing to a new ssd in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says I've been trying to install to a new ssd that I got. I'm using the windows 10 media installation and I can't get past any sort of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dracon81, May 25, 2020.

1. I'm having trouble installing to a new ssd

As the title says I've been trying to install to a new ssd that I got.

I'm using the windows 10 media installation and I can't get past any sort of boot process for it. I have tried changing my settings in my bios to boot from UEFI but it's just getting stuck at the Asus logo when I do that.

My specs are Asus 450 Strix Nvidia GeForce 1070 Corsair vengeance ddr4 ram 2x8gb AMD ryzen 7 3800x

submitted by /u/dracon81
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dracon81, May 25, 2020
  2. avxr Win User

Having trouble with clean install of Windows 10 on new SSD.

I loaded the Windows 10 installer onto a USB drive and booted it up, and the installer recognizes that I have an empty SSD with two partitions. However when I try to move to the next step the installer tells me it "couldn't create a new partition or locate
    an existing one" and that I should check the Setup log files.

I don't understand why it's telling me this when on the same screen it shows two partitions on the SSD, one of which has plenty of space to install the OS. Any advice?

3. XPS 8930 will not recognize Samsung 970 pro NVMe M.2 SSD

I have this $300 ssd and now it wont even appear on the Computer drives list.
    ( Samsung 970 pro 1T NVMe M.2 SSD )
    Windows 10 Home . The Dell has the ssd slot ; I connected it and fastened the screw . The driver software from Samsung wont even install, it gave me a error report mid way through. For it to even get that far in bios settings I turned off raid because other websites suggested that . I turned on something else I forget .

But still nothing. I have the Samsung magic drive software and that does not even see it .
    Not at my wits ends, but almost.
    Any help trouble shooting this problem is greatly appreciated.. *Sad

OtherWay1982, May 25, 2020
  4. I'm having trouble installing to a new ssd

M.2 SSD Partitioning

My OS is installed on an 128GB SATA SSD,

All other applications, when ever possible I used to install on another 60 SATA SSD.

I am very happy with the performance. It is pretty fast, better than if it were on the same disk. I have tested the difference.

Now I have a new ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard with Two M.2 slots.

I am going to buy a 512 GB M.2 SSD.

As I have under stood the SSD consists of 4 Nos of NAND Chis.

Therefore on each NAND chip, I presume will have capacity of 64 GBs.

My question is are they really independent ?

Can they behave as independent Hard disks?

If yes,

Can I partition my new M.2 SSD into an 198GB and 64GB partitions -that means 3 NAND chips and one NAND Chip?

and enjoy the same or better speed than before that I had with the SATA SSD?

Dr Abdul Rasheed

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., May 25, 2020
Thema:

I'm having trouble installing to a new ssd

1. I'm having trouble installing to a new ssd - Similar Threads - I'm having trouble

2. I'm having trouble with Microsoft warranty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having trouble with Microsoft warranty.: In my Microsoft devices at account.microsoft.com/devices Microsoft edge, when I go into my gaming laptop ASUS/TUF, I can't find the device coverage tab. It's there for my Xbox 360 but not my laptop and I need it to check if my warranty is still active, I've tried searching...
  3. I'm having trouble updating Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having trouble updating Windows: Hello community,Recently, I have a problem installing updates. These are the cumulative updates for 20H2. The error code it displays is 0x80070002. Tried to update again several times. Shows change that are undone. Windows could not update.Any help will be appreciated....
  4. I'm having trouble updating Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm having trouble updating Windows: Hello community,Recently, I have a problem installing updates. These are the cumulative updates for 20H2. The error code it displays is 0x80070002. Tried to update again several times. Shows change that are undone. Windows could not update.Any help will be appreciated....
  5. Trouble Initiating New SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble Initiating New SSD: Im trying to initiate a Samsung 870QVO SSD on my laptop using a USB 3.0 port and USB 3.0 to SATA adapter. The laptop is a HP 15Z-AW000. When I install the SSD internally, BIOS recognizes it. I cannot boot windows from the HDD on USB. So I have to clone the drive using the...
  6. I'm having trouble installing Windows 10 on my SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm having trouble installing Windows 10 on my SSD: I tried to upgrade from an HDD to an SSD but couldnt install Windows 10 on it. I connected the cables, set the SATA mode to AHCI, set the boot order to Flash drive first and the installation started. But then, when I had to choose a hard drive to install Windows on it, the...
  7. I'm having trouble with icons and thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having trouble with icons and thumbnails.: Problem .PNG files don't have thumbnails: *I had to cut out file names for privacy reasons* : [ATTACH] Problem 2 Windows 10's built apps like Settings, Mail, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Store, Groove Music, etc... have missing icons:[ATTACH] [ATTACH] Quick note: I'm not...
  8. I'm having trouble with my pc after installing new parts!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm having trouble with my pc after installing new parts!: so I recently upgraded a good number of parts on my pc around 5 months ago at least for 4 of those months I have not touched the pc due to a random issue that I had with the software problems and what not, personally I thought it was that my drivers had corrupted my drive but...
  9. I'm Having Trouble...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm Having Trouble...: Installing this update... Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3097617) - Error 0x80004005 Thanks in advance! 26335
  10. I'm having trouble finding files

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm having trouble finding files: Hello, first post here. I have 10 installed and am trying to download files computer to a separate program that opens a browse your files dialog box. The folders in the dialog box are the same ones where the files are on the computer but they don't appear in the folders in...