Windows 10: I’m having trouble logging into my PC from Safe Mode; Windows 10

Discus and support I’m having trouble logging into my PC from Safe Mode; Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey what’s up guys. I recently tried cleaning and scanning my PC from potential malware/adware. I seen a tutorial on YouTube that seemed like it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by givenchy, May 26, 2019.

1. givenchy Win User

I’m having trouble logging into my PC from Safe Mode; Windows 10

Hey what’s up guys. I recently tried cleaning and scanning my PC from potential malware/adware. I seen a tutorial on YouTube that seemed like it legitimately worked. The process involved going into Safe Mode so that no malware/adware would load with the startup (which is what the video described.) After doing this, it prompted me to log in. I thought it was my PIN, which wasn’t working at all. I then discovered your PIN won’t work, it’s actuallly your Microsoft Password that’s needed. So I proceeded to enter my password multiple times, multiple different passwords and nothing was working. Which is very strange because I can log in with that same password on the Microsoft website and I know for a fact that’s my correct password. So now basically, I’m stuck, locked out of my PC with literally nothing I can do or think of. I’ve looked up that you need to download a file from the Microsoft media installation via USB, run a command prompt or something along those lines which is pretty confusing to me, I’m not big on PC software etc. Could someone thoroughly follow me with steps on what to do? Desperate need of help *cry thank you, any feedback at all will greatly be appreciated.

:)

givenchy, May 26, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

Can't log-in to windows 10

If you have recently changed your Microsoft password, we suggest that you try using your old password and check if you will be able to log in. We also recommend that you connect your computer to the internet while logging in.

If the issue persists, let's start your PC in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. For steps on how to start your PC in safe mode, refer to the following link:
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

To isolate the cause of this issue, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account on your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you receive when logging in?

Looking forward to your reply.

Gino Des, May 26, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 26, 2019
  4. I’m having trouble logging into my PC from Safe Mode; Windows 10

Can't log in to safe mode

Hi Melissa,

If you're having issues logging into safe mode, we recommend trying the suggestions posted by Vanessa Sohtun in this
    thread. Quite a few people found her suggestions helpful.

Let us know if this worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, May 26, 2019
Thema:

I’m having trouble logging into my PC from Safe Mode; Windows 10

1. I’m having trouble logging into my PC from Safe Mode; Windows 10 - Similar Threads - I’m having trouble

2. I’m having update trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m having update trouble: When i go to press on anything other than chrome it won’t open so i figured it had something to do with the update i did last night. When I got into the settings i saw the update didn’t go through so i tried again and one went through but i still have the new windows update...
  3. I’m having update trouble

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m having update trouble: When i go to press on anything other than chrome it won’t open so i figured it had something to do with the update i did last night. When I got into the settings i saw the update didn’t go through so i tried again and one went through but i still have the new windows update...
  4. I’m stuck in safe mode!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I’m stuck in safe mode!: I tried to fix an update issue by going into safe mode, what i didnt realize is that i needed an administartor account before. I hadnt dine that and i only have a pin. I cant get out if safe mode and i dont know what to do NOTE: I DID NOT MAKE AN ADMINISTRATOR...
  5. So i’m having trouble with windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    So i’m having trouble with windows.: Hello everyone so I was having trouble with my explorer file and control panel it was just blank and i couldnt open it so i system restored my pc the day i system restored it it was fine but then the next day my pc couldnt passed the windows loading screen i tried many things...
  6. safe mode login trouble

safe mode login trouble: i am trying to login on safe mode i did select networking. it will not accept my password on login screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-login-trouble/8625db0c-98bf-4024-86cb-b4faddd47505
  7. Trouble with safe mode

Trouble with safe mode: I got a blue screen saying I needed to restart my device and I went into the advanced repair, went into startup settings and clicked restart. I then selected enable safe mode and networking but whin I signed in again I couldn't go into my task bar or open start or search or...
  8. Safe Mode troubles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode troubles: Hello. I recently enabled safeboot and restarted my pc. Then I typed n my Microsoft password and doesn't work. I know i typed it correctly. It still doesn't work. I changed my password and it still doesnt work. Please help....
  9. I’m having trouble logging into my PC from Safe Mode; Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I’m having trouble logging into my PC from Safe Mode; Windows 10: Hey what’s up guys. I recently tried cleaning and scanning my PC from potential malware/adware. I seen a tutorial on YouTube that seemed like it legitimately worked. The process involved going into Safe Mode so that no malware/adware would load with the startup (which is what...
  10. I’m trying to install windows in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I’m trying to install windows in safe mode: [IMG]I’m trying to install windows in safe mode, but this pops up. I can only get in with safe mode. What should I do? I’m using this guide and I’m stuck on step four. https://www.intowindows.com/repair-windows-10-install-without-losing-apps-data/...