Windows 10: I'm having trouble opening the base programs that came with Windows 10. A few examples...

Discus and support I'm having trouble opening the base programs that came with Windows 10. A few examples... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Svettanka [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e3ja4e/im_having_trouble_opening_the_base_programs_that/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Svettanka, Nov 29, 2019.

1. I'm having trouble opening the base programs that came with Windows 10. A few examples...

/u/Svettanka, Nov 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Nov 29, 2019
  4. I'm having trouble opening the base programs that came with Windows 10. A few examples...

Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

I'm having trouble opening the base programs that came with Windows 10. A few examples...

1. I'm having trouble opening the base programs that came with Windows 10. A few examples... - Similar Threads - I'm having trouble

2. After a few updates I'm having troubles with a bsod that indicates...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a few updates I'm having troubles with a bsod that indicates...: Seems that since a few Updates of Windows 11 I'm having this problem.After a few updates I'm having troubles with a bsod that indicates page_fault_in_nonpaged_area that appears randomly....
  3. After a few updates I'm having troubles with a bsod that indicates...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After a few updates I'm having troubles with a bsod that indicates...: Seems that since a few Updates of Windows 11 I'm having this problem.After a few updates I'm having troubles with a bsod that indicates page_fault_in_nonpaged_area that appears randomly....
  4. I'm having trouble updating Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having trouble updating Windows: Hello community,Recently, I have a problem installing updates. These are the cumulative updates for 20H2. The error code it displays is 0x80070002. Tried to update again several times. Shows change that are undone. Windows could not update.Any help will be appreciated....
  5. I'm having trouble updating Windows

I'm having trouble updating Windows: Hello community,Recently, I have a problem installing updates. These are the cumulative updates for 20H2. The error code it displays is 0x80070002. Tried to update again several times. Shows change that are undone. Windows could not update.Any help will be appreciated....
  6. I'm having trouble updating Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I am having trouble opening all windows related applications. For example, microsoft store,...

I am having trouble opening all windows related applications. For example, microsoft store,...: I have been trying to fix this problem for at least 3 weeks, I have tried almost everything, I have seen many videos about it, comments from the community and so on. What happens is that when trying to open a microsoft application it opens but closes again instantly. I also...
  8. I'm having trouble with icons and thumbnails.

I'm having trouble with icons and thumbnails.: Problem .PNG files don't have thumbnails: *I had to cut out file names for privacy reasons* : [ATTACH] Problem 2 Windows 10's built apps like Settings, Mail, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Store, Groove Music, etc... have missing icons:[ATTACH] [ATTACH] Quick note: I'm not...
  9. I'm Having Trouble...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm Having Trouble...: Installing this update... Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3097617) - Error 0x80004005 Thanks in advance! 26335
  10. I'm having trouble finding files

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm having trouble finding files: Hello, first post here. I have 10 installed and am trying to download files computer to a separate program that opens a browse your files dialog box. The folders in the dialog box are the same ones where the files are on the computer but they don't appear in the folders in...