Windows 10: I'm having trouble uninstalling certain adware on Windows 10.

Discus and support I'm having trouble uninstalling certain adware on Windows 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! Unfortunately, I've found quite a bit of adware on my Windows 10 computer that's been interfering with the software I'm needing to use for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Person_who_dislikes_adwar, Mar 24, 2020.

1. I'm having trouble uninstalling certain adware on Windows 10.

Hello! Unfortunately, I've found quite a bit of adware on my Windows 10 computer that's been interfering with the software I'm needing to use for work. There are ways to bypass the adware, but, ultimately, this is very time consuming and frustrating. Also, these programs are using vital CPU resources that I need for my job. The best solution is to get rid of this adware, and I've tried really hard to do so, but, unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a simple way to get rid of this stuff. Can someone please help me out? I am needing to uninstall:

• Windows Game Bar
    • Windows Ink
    • Windows Update
    • Windows Audio Device Manager
    • Windows Cortana
    • Windows Store

Thank you in advanced.

- John

:)

Person_who_dislikes_adwar, Mar 24, 2020

2. Adware Troubles

You can do it. Follow the steps here.

Remove Gen:Variant.Adware virus (Easy Removal Guide)

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. You might be able to skip the step with HitmanPro. (30 day free trial if needed)

Bruce Hagen, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Unable to uninstall an app on Windows 10

Hello dayhiker4k,

First, I went ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate category, so no need to worry about that. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Regarding your concern, I have listed below the most basic steps on how to uninstall a program on Windows 10 via settings. Try it out and see if it helps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

If the above step won't work, I suggest that you check with Webroot's support website for steps on how to completely uninstall their programs. Some anti-virus apps require certain permissions, or may have have different steps to perform in order to completely
    take it out of the system.

If you're still having trouble uninstalling the app, the last resort that I can share to you is to uninstall it using
    Command Prompt. Follow the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar from
    this link and let us know the outcome.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I'm having trouble uninstalling certain adware on Windows 10.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

I'm having trouble uninstalling certain adware on Windows 10.

1. I'm having trouble uninstalling certain adware on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - I'm having trouble

2. Having trouble deleting a certain shortcut.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble deleting a certain shortcut.: I've tried putting it in the recycle bin and it just won't work. I've tried using the delete key. I've tried just normally deleting it and nothing is working. By the way, with windows 11, why aren't my advanced function keys working anymore? I use a laptop....
  3. Having trouble deleting a certain shortcut.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble deleting a certain shortcut.: I've tried putting it in the recycle bin and it just won't work. I've tried using the delete key. I've tried just normally deleting it and nothing is working. By the way, with windows 11, why aren't my advanced function keys working anymore? I use a laptop....
  4. I'm having trouble updating Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having trouble updating Windows: Hello community,Recently, I have a problem installing updates. These are the cumulative updates for 20H2. The error code it displays is 0x80070002. Tried to update again several times. Shows change that are undone. Windows could not update.Any help will be appreciated....
  5. I'm having trouble updating Windows

I'm having trouble updating Windows: Hello community,Recently, I have a problem installing updates. These are the cumulative updates for 20H2. The error code it displays is 0x80070002. Tried to update again several times. Shows change that are undone. Windows could not update.Any help will be appreciated....
  6. I'm having trouble updating Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I'm having trouble with icons and thumbnails.

I'm having trouble with icons and thumbnails.: Problem .PNG files don't have thumbnails: *I had to cut out file names for privacy reasons* : [ATTACH] Problem 2 Windows 10's built apps like Settings, Mail, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Store, Groove Music, etc... have missing icons:[ATTACH] [ATTACH] Quick note: I'm not...
  8. Having trouble uninstalling an app.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having trouble uninstalling an app.: So, I have the epicgames launcher app installed on my computer and I want to uninstall it, but it won't let me. Can somebody help with this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-uninstalling-an-app/e5897ea2-d90e-4a6f-8888-23abd8724d45"
  9. I'm Having Trouble...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm Having Trouble...: Installing this update... Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3097617) - Error 0x80004005 Thanks in advance! 26335
  10. I'm having trouble finding files

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm having trouble finding files: Hello, first post here. I have 10 installed and am trying to download files computer to a separate program that opens a browse your files dialog box. The folders in the dialog box are the same ones where the files are on the computer but they don't appear in the folders in...