Windows 10: I'm having trouble with icons and thumbnails.

Discus and support I'm having trouble with icons and thumbnails. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Problem .PNG files don't have thumbnails: *I had to cut out file names for privacy reasons* : [ATTACH] Problem 2 Windows 10's built apps like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by parmeSEANcheez, Jun 12, 2020.

1. I'm having trouble with icons and thumbnails.

Problem

.PNG files don't have thumbnails: *I had to cut out file names for privacy reasons* :
    I'm having trouble with icons and thumbnails. ff1810f3-d6ec-43e9-8675-1ff7c7d2a7eb?upload=true.png

Problem 2

Windows 10's built apps like Settings, Mail, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Store, Groove Music, etc... have missing icons: I'm having trouble with icons and thumbnails. 8209e608-9cd4-436f-a215-2d22d71c8bc1?upload=true.png

I'm having trouble with icons and thumbnails. 7cf618ec-4f8a-4ead-ab9e-edf029f498d9?upload=true.png

Quick note: I'm not sure why Xbox app don't have icons either including the new Xbox beta.

What I know..

I think both of these problems traced back to when I accidentally deleted Thumbnails with Disk Cleanup:

I'm having trouble with icons and thumbnails. e14bc8fd-1261-4221-9f9d-26bd3d8980bb?upload=true.png

Quick Note

I've tried deleting thumbnail and icon cache which made it worse. Not sure if this is important.

I'm really desperate for an answer as this has been bugging me for last couple of months. Please ask me anything, and I hope I didn't leave anything important out! I want really thorough answers because other forums that had a related topic didn't really help.

:)

parmeSEANcheez, Jun 12, 2020

2. Icons and Thumbnails

Thank you for trying... did what you suggested and it showed updating when rebooting and still have icons mixed with thumbnails.

gilconsult, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Dgo47 Win User
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Jun 12, 2020
  4. I'm having trouble with icons and thumbnails.

Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

I'm having trouble with icons and thumbnails.

1. I'm having trouble with icons and thumbnails. - Similar Threads - I'm having trouble

2. I'm having trouble with Microsoft warranty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having trouble with Microsoft warranty.: In my Microsoft devices at account.microsoft.com/devices Microsoft edge, when I go into my gaming laptop ASUS/TUF, I can't find the device coverage tab. It's there for my Xbox 360 but not my laptop and I need it to check if my warranty is still active, I've tried searching...
  3. I'm having trouble with Microsoft warranty.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having trouble with Microsoft warranty.: In my Microsoft devices at account.microsoft.com/devices Microsoft edge, when I go into my gaming laptop ASUS/TUF, I can't find the device coverage tab. It's there for my Xbox 360 but not my laptop and I need it to check if my warranty is still active, I've tried searching...
  4. I'm having trouble updating Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having trouble updating Windows: Hello community,Recently, I have a problem installing updates. These are the cumulative updates for 20H2. The error code it displays is 0x80070002. Tried to update again several times. Shows change that are undone. Windows could not update.Any help will be appreciated....
  5. I'm having trouble updating Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having trouble updating Windows: Hello community,Recently, I have a problem installing updates. These are the cumulative updates for 20H2. The error code it displays is 0x80070002. Tried to update again several times. Shows change that are undone. Windows could not update.Any help will be appreciated....
  6. I'm having trouble updating Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I'm having trouble with Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm having trouble with Microsoft store: I am on PC and I am trying to play minecraft Bedrock with my friends on console. I bought bedrock and I have a Microsoft account and my PC is linked to it, but it won't let me install the game, and it doesn't say I even have the Microsoft Store app on my PC. My friend says I...
  8. I'm having trouble posting replies!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm having trouble posting replies!: To Dave, who is helping Malte: I can't post any replies... arghhh! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/im-having-trouble-posting-replies/5d18fbac-fe92-4032-9144-395f70375f67
  9. I'm Having Trouble...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm Having Trouble...: Installing this update... Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3097617) - Error 0x80004005 Thanks in advance! 26335
  10. I'm having trouble finding files

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm having trouble finding files: Hello, first post here. I have 10 installed and am trying to download files computer to a separate program that opens a browse your files dialog box. The folders in the dialog box are the same ones where the files are on the computer but they don't appear in the folders in...