Windows 10: I'm having trouble with our MS family account and screentime limits not working

Discus and support I'm having trouble with our MS family account and screentime limits not working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; It shows my youngest logged in to one of the 'ghost' MediaCenter computers at the bottom of the screenshot. I renamed her computer Christinas-PC (it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KFraleigh, Sep 21, 2019.

1. KFraleigh Win User

I'm having trouble with our MS family account and screentime limits not working

It shows my youngest logged in to one of the 'ghost' MediaCenter computers at the bottom of the screenshot. I renamed her computer Christinas-PC (it was named MediaCenter) to see which one updated on the device page since there were 3 devices listed with the same name, and only one computer that has ever had that name. As far as I can tell, all 3 PCs listed under "family devices" are old Windows installs that aren't connected to a PC anymore. I have switched parts out on a couple of them and had to do fresh installs of Windows 10 in the past, which may be what started this mess, or it may be from something else, I don't know. The screentime limits were working at the beginning of summer on the PC currently named Christinas-PC, but just stopped one day and I haven't been able to get them to work since.

I'm having trouble with our MS family account and screentime limits not working cb8544ea-9495-4aa9-9485-a224d8300b9e?upload=true.jpg

:)

KFraleigh, Sep 21, 2019

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Anonimiss Win User
    Windows 10 Family Safety time limits not working

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Sep 21, 2019
  4. LightDad Win User

Screentime limitations for account.microsoft.com/family just does not work

Has anyone figured out what magic needs to happen to get Screentime to consistently work properly?

I have been struggling with Screentime for Windows 10. It just does not work. I had a setting for today "Block access all day," but it translated into unlimited usage. It seems to me that the settings are updated to the PC only once a week, or some other
    glitch like that. I am running Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, fully updated. I have changed the settings on both the website and through my Android phone. The settings' display is updated everywhere, but
    the settings just do not work on the PC that the settings are supposed to affect. It is
    VERY frustrating. I used a similar setup on Android with a 3rd party app, and it worked flawlessly. Come on, MS, you OWN the OS, can't you make your extension work?

In the meantime, has anyone perhaps figured out what magic needs to happen to get Screentime to consistently work properly?

Thanks!

LightDad, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

1. I'm having trouble with our MS family account and screentime limits not working - Similar Threads - I'm having trouble

2. Having trouble to top up in family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble to top up in family account: Hi, I am seeing below error.Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more info Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out....
  3. Family Safety - Child account remains unlocked after screentime limit reached

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety - Child account remains unlocked after screentime limit reached: I am having trouble with Family Safety. One of our child accounts works fine; the other is having trouble. The screentime limits have been properly set, but the child's device remains unlocked after the time limit is reached....
  4. Family Safety - Child account remains unlocked after screentime limit reached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety - Child account remains unlocked after screentime limit reached: I am having trouble with Family Safety. One of our child accounts works fine; the other is having trouble. The screentime limits have been properly set, but the child's device remains unlocked after the time limit is reached....
  5. Family Safety - Child account remains unlocked after screentime limit reached

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. screentime limit on admin profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screentime limit on admin profile: Hey guys! My dad got a new pc for me, and he made a time limit for my pc from 8 am to 10.30 pm. Now that removes the admin rights for my pc, and it's sometimes annoying i have to wait till he's home when im doing updates for my games or just downloading things. Is there a...
  7. Why is Microsoft Family Screentime not working as it should?

Why is Microsoft Family Screentime not working as it should?: So I have set up limits on screen time for my son. We haven't used Microsoft products for years and years and now I remember why! So about 5 weeks ago I changed the time setting on a Monday to end at 10pm. It clearly shows in my account that it ends at 10pm yet when he is...
  8. Family screentime

Family screentime: Hello, I was wondering if I can find out the last time my son had screentime. How farr back might someone be able to access? I've only found 1/11/20 to 1/18/20 and it's the 25th of January. Thanks...
  9. ms family account screen time limits not working

ms family account screen time limits not working: Hi Despite trying all the suggestions I can find online to fix it screen time limits have not been working for months. The limit is set correctly but Windows appears to ignore it. Family activity reporting shows that the activity duration is greater than the limit set....
  10. Our Family account

Our Family account: I have made a Child account on Microsoft Our Family so that I maintain the Parent account. My son will only accept it if he can import his XBox gamer tag and profile to his child account. Can he import these (from the Parent Account which is mine) to his Child account?...