Windows 10: I'm having Windows 10 Defender and permission problems

Discus and support I'm having Windows 10 Defender and permission problems in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ok so let me explain the full story. I for the first time in like 8 years of using a Windows PC got a real virus on my PC. It was really dumb from me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by godares, Oct 3, 2018.

1. godares Win User

I'm having Windows 10 Defender and permission problems

Ok so let me explain the full story. I for the first time in like 8 years of using a Windows PC got a real virus on my PC. It was really dumb from me but it did happen. It was a multitude of them (browser pop-ups, svchosts.exe virus, TrustedInstaller, still don't know if I removed that completely, something blocking me from entering services.msc) however with Malware Bytes and Spyhunter I managed to delete them. Kaspersky also detected a trojan in System Memory, but I took it as a false report because neither Malwarebytes/Spyhunter saw anything, and Kaspersky couldn't delete that file no matter how many times I tried. What does System Memory even mean? Was that the svchosts.exe thing that it saw?

However one thing still doesn't work - Windows Defender. It's still broken. I ran Trojan Remover and the only thing it said was that the Windows Defender service was disabled, and another service which I can't remember. The program also reported rpcss.dll was corrupt(digital signature failure check), and I still couldn't change this because of permission issues. I believe I did reset permission changes with cmd (dunno if it was useful) and changed the security permissions of the file but it still won't work because the file is being used (then how the **** am I supposed to replace it?).

To explain the WD problem - no scan button works, the turn on wd button is grayed out, everything else the same. I can't change any thing and some pages don't even work (on the first page it says security at first glance and it says nothing, is this normal?)

I also have another problem: I can't play PUBG because nothing happens when I try to find a game. I was thinking something from this virus is blocking my internet connection with the game or something..

How do I revert everything back completely? TrustedInstaller isn't fully deleted from my PC, and Windows 10 Defender, along with probably a lot of things I don't know about are still infected.

:)

godares, Oct 3, 2018
  2. cdawall Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. I'm having Windows 10 Defender and permission problems - Similar Threads - I'm having Defender

2. Many problems with windows I'm having.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many problems with windows I'm having.: Hello! I have many problems with windows lately. My device is unable to do tasks and cant open them. All problems include:.resetting pc both including and not including files being deleted.My Microsoft store not showing.Apps unable to open apps include all Microsoft apps...
  3. Many problems with windows I'm having.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Many problems with windows I'm having.: Hello! I have many problems with windows lately. My device is unable to do tasks and cant open them. All problems include:.resetting pc both including and not including files being deleted.My Microsoft store not showing.Apps unable to open apps include all Microsoft apps...
  4. Many problems with windows I'm having.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I'm having problems with Windows 10 on my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm having problems with Windows 10 on my laptop: I'm having problems with Windows 10 on my laptop. I have a pretty new laptop, anHP ZBook laptop. It's running great, but whenever I turn it on and do something like click on a link or go to a web page, it freezes up. When I try to click OK or something else on the desktop,...
  6. I'm having a problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm having a problem: I have multiple USB devices connected, my mouse, keyboard, a wireless USB thing for wifi, and an audio interface. The wifi USB and interface keep cutting out and I don't know what to do. can someone help me please? submitted by /u/krutchieeater466 [link] [comments]...
  7. I'm having a weird problem

I'm having a weird problem: Hello, I'm experiencing a pretty strange problem that has never happened before. It first occurred about five days ago. Here's the issue: Whenever I start my computer after having turned it off, the the touchpad on my laptop isn't working properly. The best way to explain it...
  8. I'm having problems

I'm having problems: I'm going to sell my pc but it seems like the pc doesn't want to factory reset what can I do? submitted by /u/happerkapper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ff8gpw/im_having_problems/
  9. I'm having Windows 10 Defender and permission problems

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm having Windows 10 Defender and permission problems: Ok so let me explain the full story. I for the first time in like 8 years of using a Windows PC got a real virus on my PC. It was really dumb from me but it did happen. It was a multitude of them (browser pop-ups, svchosts.exe virus, TrustedInstaller, still don't know if I...
  10. I'm having problems after upgrading to Windows 10....

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm having problems after upgrading to Windows 10....: I encountered a lot of issues. 1) Store doesn't work (it says that the app can't be opened) 2) Search icon/bar doesn't work (it doesn't respond when I click it) 3) I thought Microsoft Edge would be included... but it didn't install when I upgraded *Sad Basically, it's...