Windows 10: I'm having Windows security blocking ETD_GetSMART.exe

Discus and support I'm having Windows security blocking ETD_GetSMART.exe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep on having ETD_GetSMART.exe trying to access memory. I have been looking online to see what it is and if it is a virus or not. The block is low... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EthanChong1, Oct 22, 2019.

1. I'm having Windows security blocking ETD_GetSMART.exe

I keep on having ETD_GetSMART.exe trying to access memory. I have been looking online to see what it is and if it is a virus or not. The block is low and my antivirus software is not detecting it. But it isn't found in the supposed directory

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\Executable Agent Data\_Shared\DiskCheck\

On the windows security, the ETD_GetSMART.exe is found in the \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 which I don't know where it is and it seems to be an error in my hard disk. Can someone help me with my issue pls.

:)

EthanChong1, Oct 22, 2019

2. Blocking of EXE file by network security programmes

Is it possible to produce a link in 7z format or zip as all exe files are now blocked by network security in the LIBRARIES

ABBrittain, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Arctucas Win User
    Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Oct 22, 2019
  4. AMX& Win User

I'm having Windows security blocking ETD_GetSMART.exe

Windows Security - Controlled Folder Access - Recently Blocked App List

Hello,

I thank you for your response. I know how to add and remove apps to and from the controlled folder access. My question is how to remove an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list. In Windows 1809 they made it easier to add apps to the controlled folder
    access without having to navigate to the exe. They added a Recently Blocked Apps list you can select from. The steps for Windows 1809 are:

1. Open the Windows Security and click/tap on the Virus & threat protection icon.

2. Click/tap on the Manage ransomware protection link under the Ransomware protection section.

3. Click/tap on the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.

4. Click/tap on Yes when prompted by UAC to approve.

5. Click/tap on Add an Allowed App (+) sign

6. Click or tap Recently Blocked Apps from the drop down menu. (NEW)

7. Click or tap on the (+) button for the app you want to add from the list. (NEW)

It is this Recently Blocked Folders List I am trying to edit to remove apps I have not authorized and that have been deleted from my PC and are still in this list. I know you can select an allowed app from the controlled folder access list and you will
    see a REMOVE button, which in 1809 will put the app back in the Recently Blocked Apps list if it was there originally. But that same process does not work on the Blocked Apps list.

My question still remains:

How do you delete an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list in Windows Security for Windows 1809?

AMX&, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

I'm having Windows security blocking ETD_GetSMART.exe

1. I'm having Windows security blocking ETD_GetSMART.exe - Similar Threads - I'm having security

2. Protection history crash / windows security blocks games .exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protection history crash / windows security blocks games .exe file: Im unable to save any changes or progress. I recieved a message: "Unauthorised changes blocked. Controlled folder access blocked game.exe". When I try to click on it and add an exception it sends me to Protection history, but it is empty with no options to add an exception...
  3. Protection history crash / windows security blocks games .exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protection history crash / windows security blocks games .exe file: Im unable to save any changes or progress. I recieved a message: "Unauthorised changes blocked. Controlled folder access blocked game.exe". When I try to click on it and add an exception it sends me to Protection history, but it is empty with no options to add an exception...
  4. Protection history crash / windows security blocks games .exe file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Default blocking of .exe files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default blocking of .exe files?: Hi all, Today I downloaded a program and noticed that when I tried to open/run the .exe file, nothing would happen. After some digging, I found that when I opened the file's properties, in the "Attributes" it was set to blocked. I checked the "Unblock" box and when I opened...
  6. Default blocking of .exe files?

Default blocking of .exe files?: Hi all, Today I downloaded a program and noticed that when I tried to open/run the .exe file, nothing would happen. After some digging, I found that when I opened the file's properties, in the "Attributes" it was set to blocked. I checked the "Unblock" box and when I opened...
  7. Blocked exe file

Blocked exe file: I am sure someone somewhere has a virtual voodoo doll of me. This is the exe file for a game I have had since 2007. It has never happened before. I have scanned the folder with Kaspersky. It says its clean. I have switched off UAC, then switched off the pc, and restarted it,...
  8. UAC Blocking WINRAR exe.

UAC Blocking WINRAR exe.: If I have a RAR file in a Program Files folder and try to unRAR it I get this... [img] The same file in the Downloads folder can be unRAR'd no problem. This started happening around 1 month ago, so something has changed in UAC. I am the only admin on this PC. How do I...
  9. Windows Security to stop tampering with an exe

Windows Security to stop tampering with an exe: There's an exe I need working properly. It's not a virus, I do some programming on the side If I have Windows Security's real time protection turned on, it deletes the file, when I'm trying to run it. I can run the .exe no problem with the real time protection turned off....
  10. Exe blocked.

Exe blocked.: Hello, I am operating on Microsoft office 2010 but would like to upgrade to Microsoft professional plus office 2013. Unfortunately whenever I try to install I get a message by Windows defender "Unauthorized changes are blocked". What can I do in order to be authorized?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. etd_getsmart.exe windows blocked

2. etd getsmart exe wants to make changes

3. GetSMART.exe getting blocked on C: drive

4. was bewirkt hp etd_getsmart.exe,
  5. what is getsmart exe,
  6. how to turn off etd_getsmart.exe,
  7. pro...ETD,
  8. getsmart exe windows defender,
  9. etd_getsmart windows 10 block