Windows 10: I'm honestly glad I will get Pro

Discus and support I'm honestly glad I will get Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used my mom's laptop from June 2017 to February 2018. It originally came with Windows 8 which I used extensively from late 2016 to early 2017. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Melflormelissa, Sep 1, 2019.

1. I'm honestly glad I will get Pro

I used my mom's laptop from June 2017 to February 2018. It originally came with Windows 8 which I used extensively from late 2016 to early 2017. The guys who repaired it upgraded it to Windows 10 Home.

It was good, But the problem was that it was Windows 10 HOME. The one that doesn't include the ability to defer updates (especially feature ones) and that is TERRIBLE for me because I like stable configurations and I usually wait for stuff to get fixed.

So I just dumped it and used a Windows 7 PC until this July, Where it became close to the end of support deadline.

Now, In Late February 2020 I'll get a Windows 10 Pro laptop (Guaranteed because I will specifically pick a Pro laptop). I have a decade old Win7 laptop that I don't even know if it works anymore.

If it does work, I'll keep Windows 7 in there because it's pretty old hardware I'm honestly glad I will get Pro :)

:)

Melflormelissa, Sep 1, 2019

2. Pentium M

Not sure what I'm looking at. Though when I do go to Options and then CPU it lists my CPU
    as Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 GHz, and then under that it lists speed: 799.9 MHz
    and then features and cache size.I ran the benchmark test and don't understand all
    those numbers, but while testing I checked CPUZ and it still says it is running at 800 MHz.

boise49ers, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 1, 2019
  4. I'm honestly glad I will get Pro

Orginal gateway 8 upgraded to pro then 8.1 then 10 pro then second update crash

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

• Have you tried the steps suggested above?

• Were you able to fix the issue?

Do update us the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

I'm honestly glad I will get Pro

1. I'm honestly glad I will get Pro - Similar Threads - I'm honestly glad

2. How Honest is the Manufacturer of YOUR Computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Honest is the Manufacturer of YOUR Computer?: I had thought Hewlett Packard was pretty honest. But in one sense, at least, I have caught them acting like hucksters of the worst sort and downright SHILLS for McAfee. And I don't appreciate that. There is this message that occasionally pops up in my HP Support Assistant...
  3. When I'm going to get this feature?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I'm going to get this feature?: I want the new Settings page for the 1903 update, I installed it but I don't see it on the settings page.. When I'm going to get it? Also If I'm on desktop with a external monitor can I use the new 1903 Slider?...
  4. I'm getting bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm getting bsod: This what happened. I increased the speed of my ram to 2833mhz without changing the voltage or anything (ddr4 with 3000mhz speed with xmp profile and 2133mhz on regular/default). It was working fine for 3 months but suddenly I started getting BSOD "memory management error"....
  5. I started Driver verifier to check on bsod I'm getting. Now I'm in loops of driver verifier...

I started Driver verifier to check on bsod I'm getting. Now I'm in loops of driver verifier...: How to turn it off if pc cant boot. How to check what driver verifier detected exactly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-started-driver-verifier-to-check-on-bsod-im/f3e99d7d-761c-436b-870d-fdea5b0bc390
  6. I'm getting several BSOD

I'm getting several BSOD: minidump file https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q87izH6mA42tCl2f40Ik2lcW7AY-2crY I believe it started after accidental power loss. I got 2 memory management error and 1 Page fault in nonpage area What I did after that Updated the BIOS Updated nvdia driver reinstalled...
  7. I'm not getting any battery warnings

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm not getting any battery warnings: My PC keeps shutting down at 20% and I get NO warning yet I turned it on power settings! PLEASE FIX THIS! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-getting-any-battery-warnings/a024f47a-5cb0-4aa5-b5c3-68708b7efaa6
  8. I'm about to get 1803 -Should I be worried?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm about to get 1803 -Should I be worried?: I have read many, many problems encountered by users after 1803 was applied to their system. In fact there are web sites devoted to 'common problems after installing v1803' I can see mine will be applied when I next re-start. Should I be concerned? Your thoughts? 110574
  9. I'm Not Getting Any Updates Anymore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm Not Getting Any Updates Anymore: There was an update, KB4093105, that changed the version number to 16299.402. In retrospect, I didn't get that either and installed manually. *Huh
  10. I'm honestly losing my mind, freaking out, I find pc without internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm honestly losing my mind, freaking out, I find pc without internet: That's it guys.'m game over! Doing that system restore ****ed me over real good. I get BSOD everytime I try to boot into windowsstopcode 0xC000021A