Windows 10: I'm Impressed. Version 2004 is faster

Discus and support I'm Impressed. Version 2004 is faster in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My system has an Intel Optane "Supersized" HDD cache system which Win 10 Ver 2004 had known issues with So, I got the 2004 update only yesterday (June... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Frabnkhs, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Frabnkhs Win User

I'm Impressed. Version 2004 is faster

My system has an Intel Optane "Supersized" HDD cache system which Win 10 Ver 2004 had known issues with

So, I got the 2004 update only yesterday (June 16th)

It generates an error for a feature of the Optane that I'm not using and haven't seen any problems .....

I'm Impressed. Version 2004 is faster [​IMG]

I did just install another 32gb of ram but since I started at 16gb, I doubt if the ram increase accounts for the performance increase, and I did update the BIOS but since the efficacy of such an action is in question on this forum (one actually called me a liar....) I'll skip that

So.... Before 2004

And post 2004 update....

Didn't break out the calculator but that's 10% or so

:)

Frabnkhs, Jun 17, 2020
  2. CountMike Win User

Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

Why don't you have full system backup ? Much faster than reinstalling windows and programs. Then you can try anything you want,

CountMike, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Max001 Win User
    Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

Good day all. I upgraded to version 2004 on my Dell Optiplex 7050 Windows 10 Pro using Media Creation Tool. Installation went smoothly... except MS Outlook would for some reason not remember and kept asking for my mail password after each restart or boot up. This address is a not an Outlook/Hotmail/Gmail one, but a co.za one. I was online with MS help… the end result was that they suggested a fresh install... I’m now back to version 1909.. Installed MS 365 again.. and now no problem with Outlook. WU have now offered me version 2004.. but I’m very reluctant to do so. Any suggestions? Thank you

Max001, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 SDK for Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041 now available

Source: Start Developing on Windows 10, version 2004 Today - Windows Developer Blog

Brink, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. I'm Impressed. Version 2004 is faster - Similar Threads - I'm Impressed Version

2. Co-pilot Impresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Co-pilot Impresses: I decided to try a wee experiment with Co-pilot. The result honestly was quite impressive... Even 'sounds' as I actually would.Selecting "Compose", I submitted the following:Why it is so rewarding taking my Therapy Dog to visit at facilities or work at special events?This was...
  3. Faster PC and Old version is better

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Faster PC and Old version is better: Hello Microsoft Community! Please help me with Ideas to make my PC faster because I'm having a problem with the performance, I searched on some websites, and I tried the control panel, it just show the balanced performance, and the task manager it didn't do anything, please...
  4. version 2004

version 2004: version 2004 has been installing for 14 hours is this ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/version-2004/0a3874ec-3ed6-4de7-a79b-7a3c602e3cb3
  5. I'm Definitely NOT Impressed. Windows 2004 will not install.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm Definitely NOT Impressed. Windows 2004 will not install.: Yesterday Windows Update presented 2004 for the first time. I tried the following... (1) Several attempts to install via standard WU. All failed with a variety of error codes. (2) Tried the Windows Update Assistant. https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10 Again...
  6. Version 2004

Version 2004: Dear Community, Since I have had Version 2004 updated I get a pop up warning like so FullTrustNotifier.exe-bad Image error status 0xc000012f. The pop up is at random does not allow me to do my work. Can someone help m resolve the issue? My email address is *** Email...
  7. Opinion: The 10240 version of Solitaire is not very impressive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opinion: The 10240 version of Solitaire is not very impressive: In the earlier Windows 10 builds, there were things I didn't like about the new Solitaire, but I have to say the RTM version doesn't impress me much for being an inbox app for Windows 10. 1. Really don't like that it now has general ads. That's a huge turn-off. 2. It...
  8. impressed! but questions

in Windows 10 Support
    impressed! but questions: just downloaded the free upgrade from win 8.1 to 10, from install of losing the desktop to getting it back in win 10 only took 22 mins! I like edge browser but how do I get extensions? I read somewhere that they where compatible with chrome extensions however when I go...
  9. Windows 10 Impressions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Impressions: FYI: I write long posts. If you want short posts, hang out over in Twitter Land. I am also using a touchscreen laptop and own a smartphone. I don't have a need for a tablet, personally. All in all I'm pleased with the direction of Windows 10. We have more optimization for...
  10. My First Impression

in Windows 10 Support
    My First Impression: NNOOOOO!!!!!!! Okay, that's the short answer. I get that a lot of people wanted a "start menu", but why take away the Start Screen and replace it with the box next to the menu ?? Granted, it didn't take me long to sort out how to add / remove tiles from it, but now I'm...