Windows 10: I'm in a family I left already

Discus and support I'm in a family I left already in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I have a Microsoft account that is over 18 and I still have to request time from some family member in a Microsoft Family account even though I left... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MasonCline1, May 17, 2021.

1. I'm in a family I left already

So I have a Microsoft account that is over 18 and I still have to request time from some family member in a Microsoft Family account even though I left all family accounts and it keeps placing me in one I don't want or should be in. Then, it sends a request to MY OWN account which I can't accept. I really don't understand what or why this process is so stressful! I just want to go on to google for goodness sake.

:)

MasonCline1, May 17, 2021

2. Wrong "adult" email address used in family setup

Hi,

Try the steps below.

• Sign into http://familysafety.microsoft.com with that Microsoft account.
    • Click the Manage my family link at the bottom of the summary page.
    • Select the affected user under Family Members and click
      Remove family member at the top left of the screen.
    • At this point you should be able to add that family member to the correct (new) family.
    If the issue persist, I suggest you to create a new email address for your son and add to the family account and check.

Hope this helps. Keep posting in Microsoft Community for any further queries that you face. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, May 17, 2021
  3. Family activity report

Hi Javier,

There are ways on how to manage activity reporting for your child. To configure your account settings, here are the steps:

• Go to the account.microsoft.com/family site at Microsoft on any PC
    • Then sign-in
    • Open Settings
    • Tap on the Accounts icon
    • Click on Family and other users on the left side
    • Chose Manage family settings online
    • Check recent activity link for the child's account

Turn On and Manage Activity Reporting for Child

• Click on Recent activity on the left side, and turn on Activity reporting.
    • Check or uncheck to Email weekly reports to me for what you want.
    • Under Web browsing, Apps and games etc., you can view your child's recent activity for each one, tap on Change settings
    • Then set allowed times to manage them, and to block any apps and games.

To Turn Off Activity Reporting for your Child, just tap on Recent activity on the left side, and turn off Activity reporting on the right side.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, May 17, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

I'm in a family I left already

Family Safety issues

Hi,

Configuration settings may be the possible cause why you're experiencing issues with Family when searching for the device. To assist you better, we'd like to clarify few things:

• When you mention 2 devices on your sons account, do you want to use two devices but using one account?
    • Could you provide us a screen shot of family list devices?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check and follow the steps in this articles below on how to set up your Family:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 17, 2021
Thema:

I'm in a family I left already

1. I'm in a family I left already - Similar Threads - I'm family left

2. Account was hacked, they were added to my family, bought gift card, and then left. Already...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account was hacked, they were added to my family, bought gift card, and then left. Already...: Account was hacked, they were added to my family, bought $210 worth of gift card, and then left. Already changed password how do I get a refund or do I have to do a chargeback on my credit card?...
  3. Account was hacked, they were added to my family, bought gift card, and then left. Already...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account was hacked, they were added to my family, bought gift card, and then left. Already...: Account was hacked, they were added to my family, bought $210 worth of gift card, and then left. Already changed password how do I get a refund or do I have to do a chargeback on my credit card?...
  4. Account was hacked, they were added to my family, bought gift card, and then left. Already...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I'm stuck in a microsoft family

I'm stuck in a microsoft family: Hi, so i've recently purchased minecraft and when i try to play multiplayer it tells me to check my account settings. So i went on to my settings and authorised all the settings in the xbox tab. Then i go back on and it still isn't working so i look it up and it says that i...
  6. Family safety is still after I left the family form family safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family safety is still after I left the family form family safety: I left the family form family safety and after that I closed the pc then opened like after 8h it says that I need permission for more time click that and say error it had been about 3h and still the same...
  7. Family safety is still after I left the family form family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety is still after I left the family form family safety: I left the family form family safety and after that I closed the pc then opened like after 8h it says that I need permission for more time click that and say error it had been about 3h and still the same...
  8. Family safety is still after I left the family form family safety

9. I left a family and its glitching

in Windows 10 Customization
    I left a family and its glitching: I left a family and im still glitching because i by mistake put some apps i cant use and i still have them after leaving it. Any way to fix this? also the microsoft store is not working because of error 0x00000190...
  10. Microsoft family features blocking chrome after i have left the family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family features blocking chrome after i have left the family: So I recently installed windows 10 on my home computer and everything seemed to work fine until I opened chrome. Chrome wouldn't open and told me to ask a parents permission. I quickly got to the bottom of that since I had no other accounts connected to mine to my knowledge....